SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:27 PM
Jersey City,NJ
Joined Feb 2008
199 Posts
Have you looked under User settings?

When you power up the charger hit 'MODE' till "user setup" is displayed.
Hit "enter"
Scroll using the up and down buttons and you will find "Lipo max C"
again,hit "enter" set your desired C rating.
While in the User Setup screens now would be a good time to also set your input voltage and max amp inpout settings.

After that you might want to take a few minutes and read the flow chart in the manual.
It does come in useful believe it or not.........................
sodbuster 1 is offline Find More Posts by sodbuster 1
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
96 Posts
Thanks! Cranked it up to 20A now.

Why did they have to make it so difficult anyway? I think it'll make my day when Hyperion finally embraces the 21st century and releases a charger with a simple touch screen like Orion Advantage Touch. We'll finally have modern usability and design with traditional Hyperion quality and power.
ignis is offline Find More Posts by ignis
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:08 PM
United States, NV, Pahrump
Joined Aug 2004
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignis View Post
Just bought a an EOS0720i NET3 AD. Is it possible to remove the DC power cable somehow? I won't be using it, and it's sticking out like a thorn in my new charger.

I'm also wondering that the slot at the bottom of the charger is for? It opens like a battery compartment, but it's obviously not one.
That compartment on the bottom of the charger is for your DC cord storage so it's tucked away nicely.
ramovan is offline Find More Posts by ramovan
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:12 PM
Jersey City,NJ
Joined Feb 2008
199 Posts
You'd never be able to fit every feature that needs custom choices onto a simple small touch screen regardless.

Regardless, you would still need to read the manual to understand how to make use of the features.

Remember the old ad campaign...............

Reading is Fundamental..........
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:16 PM
Jersey City,NJ
Joined Feb 2008
199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramovan View Post
That compartment on the bottom of the charger is for your DC cord storage so it's tucked away nicely.
\

So NOT for Gremlin storage then??
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Aug 2004
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodbuster 1 View Post
\

So NOT for Gremlin storage then??
I suppose you could use it for that if you like.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:45 PM
Jersey City,NJ
Joined Feb 2008
199 Posts
Randy,
Anything new coming out of Hyperion charger wise?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 02:53 PM
Joined Dec 2012
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramovan View Post
Yeah I figured it out eventually. Though the cable sticking out of the charger itself still annoys me beyond belief, I think I'll just have to learn to ignore it. You don't get Hyperion products because of their aesthetic value

PS: just out of curiosity, what happens if I try to turn on my PSU when the charger is already plugged into my wall outlet? December 21st comes early?
ignis is offline Find More Posts by ignis
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:47 PM
Joined Aug 2004
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ignis View Post
PS: just out of curiosity, what happens if I try to turn on my PSU when the charger is already plugged into my wall outlet? December 21st comes early?
LOL! I'm not sure what would actually happen if you connect AC and DC at the same time, but I can tell you the manual says NOT to do that so it's probably not good.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Aug 2004
859 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodbuster 1 View Post
Randy,
Anything new coming out of Hyperion charger wise?
I actually asked about that the other day and so far there are no new Hyperion chargers in the works that we know of.
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Apr 2012
29 Posts
I am using a super duo3 720i. Everything I read always stated storage in terms of voltage only. Usually stating full (4.2) voltage severely wears a lipo and that the greatest improvement occurs at 3.85. Below 3.85v the improvement is greatly reduced, making a lower voltage unnecessary. IR was never mentioned.

Some questions on the Hyperion storage algorithm-

1. Why is it that if I have a fully charged lipo and put it on storage it will stop at a higher voltage than if that same pack is under charged and storage needs to charge it a little. This is what I saw when I tried it. It would seem that the same pack on the same day should seek a consistent storage voltage. Since it stops the charge, or discharge, a moment to take readings I don't understand why there is a difference. Both can't be right

2. On a fully charged 2.2amp 3cell lipo it only took out 484mah. I know this pack has more than 1amp of capacity left, more like 2amp. Why would it stop so soon? I put it on another charger and it took out an additional 400mah to bring it to what I would think is %50. Which way is right?

3. When doing a storage charge does the charger monitor the condition of each cell (IR, voltage) or just the values for the pack as a whole? I would think the condition of each individual cell is most relevant.

This may seem like a lot of thought on one feature but once I determine the best storage process all of my packs will be using it. This one feature will greatly influence the life of all of my packs and I want to make sure I do it right.
BrianAp is offline Find More Posts by BrianAp
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:39 PM
Electric Helis is my game
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
1 &2

Hyperion Storage has no CV stage, it does it fast but not as accurate.
That's the way it is, trade for it is accuracy, but it's not needed as storage can be anywhere between 40 to 70% anyway.

3. Monitor cell voltage yes but not IR, IR reading is only display.

this is the way Hyperion works, it wont change, If you want per voltage only (i.e. set 3.85v for storage, exactly) then It's not the right charger for you as I have said before in this thread.
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:42 PM
Joined Oct 2012
13 Posts
I have the same issue with a 720i net3 AD. I have to set the TCS to 70% or 50% depending on whether it needs discharging or charging to get to the 60% "store charge" level. From what I have read and seen on youtube videos of people demonstrating a Store Charge on Hyperion products, this is always happening. I believe most people don't notice it or care. Probably is close enough... 45-70%. My EOS Sentry is off by .05 v lower than the charger indicates... probably the same answer... "they are all the same"....close enough for government work ;>)
stanleyg is offline Find More Posts by stanleyg
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:49 PM
Joined Apr 2012
29 Posts
Is there any way to get it to be more exact, CV? Maybe it doesn't matter but when I am going to let my packs sit for a few days, or all winter long, I don't mind 15min more on the charger for storage if it means I can make my packs last longer.

I have a single Turnigy charger that I always though to be inferior to the Hyperion line. It does take about 10min longer but when done every cell is always 3.85V. Is this just a waste of time? It would seem to be a simple firmware update to add a storage option of exact voltage, a CV stage, if it matters.
BrianAp is offline Find More Posts by BrianAp
Old Dec 26, 2012, 01:50 PM
Electric Helis is my game
Lidingo, Sweden
Joined Feb 2005
2,755 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianAp View Post
Is there any way to get it to be more exact, CV? Maybe it doesn't matter but when I am going to let my packs sit for a few days I don't mind 15min more on the charger for storage if it means I can make my packs last longer.

I have a single Turnigy charger that I always though to be inferior to the Hyperion line. It does take about 10min longer but when done every cell is always 3.85V. Is this just a waste of time? It would seem to be a simple firmware update to add a storage option of exact voltage, a CV stage, if it matters.

No, it will not be possible. and its not needed.
Still flying 2009 packs, stored at TCS60 all the time.
MrMel is offline Find More Posts by MrMel