SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 25, 2012, 03:26 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
Thanks Randy, that's what I did...Seems to have worked out ok. Ticked I ran it down because I accidentally left a RX plugged in overnight.

Anywho, seems I am having an issue with my 720i Suoper duo 3/software issue? The Com3/hyperion EOS 720i keeps flashing orange...And it won't load any of the channel one memory items, and channel two is taking a VERY long time to load the memory...Any ideas?

Well, and now it won't load the channel 2 memory...
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Last edited by StormJunkie; Mar 25, 2012 at 03:31 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:18 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJunkie View Post
Thanks Randy, that's what I did...Seems to have worked out ok. Ticked I ran it down because I accidentally left a RX plugged in overnight.

Anywho, seems I am having an issue with my 720i Suoper duo 3/software issue? The Com3/hyperion EOS 720i keeps flashing orange...And it won't load any of the channel one memory items, and channel two is taking a VERY long time to load the memory...Any ideas?

Well, and now it won't load the channel 2 memory...
What Laptop are you dealing with?
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Mar 25, 2012, 04:24 PM
Whoooo!
Summerville, SC
Joined Jan 2009
1,717 Posts
It's a new Toshiba...Been working fine with this laptop for about a month now. Just saw this problem today.

It seems to be fine now...I think I had accidentally set a memory location to LILO...I changed it manually with out it hooked to PC and then reinitialized and now all seems to be back to normal.
StormJunkie is offline Find More Posts by StormJunkie
Old Mar 25, 2012, 05:47 PM
Let the hating begin
HAMPTON VA
Joined Dec 2009
873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramovan View Post
You may want to check your main output cables to verify those aren't the problem. You could just connect the output cables you have to your battery and see if you measure the expected voltage (with a voltmeter or the charger can also display this). If it were measuring 0v then the cable is the problem. Cables are always the first place to look when you get an error message like that. Second place to look is verifying the correct settings on the charger.

I think you may have purchased that charger from us so if it does turn out to be a charger problem you can send it back to us directly for the quickest turn around. We typically ship out a replacement within 24 hours of receipt of your charger. We would also connect up your charger for a quick test to verify the failure so we know sending a new replacement will correct the problem. Let me know if you have questions about this.

Randy
I did get it from you(how did you know?)I switched cables,tried known good batteries so Im thinkin it needs to come back,can you pm me shipping info,Id like to get this out tomorrow morning so I hopefully can get a new one before the weekend.
Thanks
evalith8 is offline Find More Posts by evalith8
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:28 PM
United States, NV, Pahrump
Joined Aug 2004
874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by evalith8 View Post
I did get it from you(how did you know?)I switched cables,tried known good batteries so Im thinkin it needs to come back,can you pm me shipping info,Id like to get this out tomorrow morning so I hopefully can get a new one before the weekend.
Thanks
I think you left a voicemail today and I put two and two together. PM sent.
ramovan is offline Find More Posts by ramovan
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 25, 2012, 10:55 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,344 Posts
Guys - In case you could not tell, Randy is a stand up "dude". You won't find better customer service.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Last edited by feathermerchant; Apr 01, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:19 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,522 Posts
Got a question about the 720i Super Duo. What would happen if you did not change the voltage input in user setup? I just switched to a 25v PS from a 14v and was doing some testing and got some weird readings.

Harry
Harry H is online now Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:31 PM
Use the 4S Luke
USA, TX, Euless
Joined Aug 2003
9,344 Posts
It should work fine. The input voltage setting is there to prevent you form over discharging your source batteries.
feathermerchant is offline Find More Posts by feathermerchant
Old Apr 01, 2012, 08:39 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2010
1,522 Posts
Thanks, I would think the charger knows what to do with the input voltage without you having to change that. I just hooked up my server PS's to a new charging station and wanted to make sure nothing gets fried.

Harry
Harry H is online now Find More Posts by Harry H
Old Apr 03, 2012, 06:50 PM
Smashes Things
Montpelier, VA
Joined Feb 2005
2,400 Posts
Parallel Charging

Hey all, had a realization today. I put my 3s batteries connected in parallel, then plugged the output of one daughter board into the 7s port on the other daughter board, and viola, parallel charging with balancing. I am seeing this correctly, right?

BTW, this is 1420i
RCTyp is offline Find More Posts by RCTyp
Last edited by RCTyp; Apr 03, 2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: added which charger
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:22 PM
Smashes Things
Montpelier, VA
Joined Feb 2005
2,400 Posts
Parallel Pic

Here is a pic of what I did.
RCTyp is offline Find More Posts by RCTyp
Old Apr 03, 2012, 07:36 PM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,876 Posts
Yep, that's fine. People have been using this method safely for a while. It's exactly how FMA have set up their safe parallel charging boards as well. It works with 6S and 7S daughter boards for all battery sizes provided you use identical (Hyperion or JST) boards. Don't mix different kinds of boards though. That is parallel charge a Hyperion and JST balance connector battery at the same time.Unlikely I know but....

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCTyp View Post
Hey all, had a realization today. I put my 3s batteries connected in parallel, then plugged the output of one daughter board into the 7s port on the other daughter board, and viola, parallel charging with balancing. I am seeing this correctly, right?

BTW, this is 1420i
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Last edited by jj604; Apr 03, 2012 at 07:45 PM.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:04 AM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,291 Posts
Hey guys,

I'm looking to pick up a 1420i for charging 2x5s 5000mah packs. So what would be the most ideal way to charge them? My understanding is I could choose to series or parallel charge them, and would I need any extra adaptors to do so? They're HK packs i'm using so not sure if the balance plugs are different.

Thanks,

Luke
luke352 is online now Find More Posts by luke352
Old Apr 04, 2012, 01:35 AM
ancora imparo
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
6,876 Posts
There seems to be a consensus (and I agree) that parallel charging is the simplest and safest way to go. If they are HK packs they will all be JST -XH connectors. If it was me I would spend the money on a parallel charging board from epBuddy (the original). You can charge up to 6 same 1-6S packs at once with no cable clutter.

http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15

HK sell a copy which works fine but the original is better made, higher current rated and supports the guy who designed it. You can also obviously make up your own parallel adapters by soldering ordinary balance wires together.

The RollsRoyce solution if you use Deans main connectors, is to get an FMA Safe Parallel board which will do up to 6, 1-8S packs with every single wire fuse protected. arkRC in Melbourne now stock them at the same price as the FMA store. You will have to change the two banana plugs for bullets to go into the Hyperion as they are shrouded and only fit that style of socket. If you don't use Deans then you need adapters for the battery connections which is a pain.

http://arkrc.com.au/mpa-xh-cellpro-m...l-adapter-mpa/
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke352 View Post

. Hey guys,

I'm looking to pick up a 1420i for charging 2x5s 5000mah packs. So what would be the most ideal way to charge them? My understanding is I could choose to series or parallel charge them, and would I need any extra adaptors to do so? They're HK packs i'm using so not sure if the balance plugs are different.

Thanks,

Luke
jj604 is offline Find More Posts by jj604
Last edited by jj604; Apr 04, 2012 at 01:52 AM.
Old Apr 04, 2012, 02:20 AM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
4,657 Posts
I really like the Rolls Royce Version posted there! One thing..I have a Super Duo 3 and that board looks like a 2 in 1 version of EP Buddy board. How could I ever use that board on 20 amps per side? It only has one input and you can charge double the packs on that board...Good for a PL8....Not very good for the Super Duo 3 if your looking for max utilization from a board. I have the EP buddy board that I never use it I went with the cables!
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK