p-38
the colony tx
Joined Oct 2007
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Info here

http://media.hyperion.hk/dn/eos/

clearly states two cost less than $400 so my guess is under $200 for one.

Charles
Thanks again Charles.

1airborne
1airborne is offline Find More Posts by 1airborne
Old Nov 30, 2008, 02:10 PM
Joined Nov 2005
90 Posts
ND...anyway we can get the updated screen the original duo. I dont care about discharge..but the screen would update would be nice.
pepatrick is offline Find More Posts by pepatrick
Old Nov 30, 2008, 03:31 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepatrick
ND...anyway we can get the updated screen the original duo. I dont care about discharge..but the screen would update would be nice.
Umm, you've been able to do that for a couple of months...

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Nov 30, 2008, 04:29 PM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fig Jam
Umm, you've been able to do that for a couple of months...
Actually, I'm not sure they're available anymore. Dave had said there were only a limited quantity and the Aircraft World product page says they're out of stock.

Here's a link to the page; maybe if you contact them they can still get you one:
http://aircraft-world.com/shopexd.asp?id=5736
TheBum is offline Find More Posts by TheBum
Old Nov 30, 2008, 05:43 PM
I am UNIQUE!
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2008
1,344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBum
Actually, I'm not sure they're available anymore. Dave had said there were only a limited quantity and the Aircraft World product page says they're out of stock.

Here's a link to the page; maybe if you contact them they can still get you one:
Tis true, they appear to be out of stock now. As I recall Dave said he was going to obtain a 100 or so, if they have all gone I'm sure he would get one if someone asked nicely enough.

Mike
Fig Jam is offline Find More Posts by Fig Jam
Old Nov 30, 2008, 06:22 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
I ordered more a few weeks back, and we should have them in 2-3 weks (or sooner). I'll post when they arrive...

D

Quote:

NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
Last edited by NipponDave; Nov 30, 2008 at 07:51 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 07:25 PM
Aerial Images of Texas
The Texas Gulf Coast where hurricanes come to play
Joined Aug 2003
1,960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
I ordered more, and we should have them in 2-3 weks (or sooner). I'll post when they arrive...

D
Hotdamn!
tashley is offline Find More Posts by tashley
Old Nov 30, 2008, 08:14 PM
Buyin', Tryin' and Flyin'
DFW, Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,283 Posts
NipponDave, I have a suggestion for the DUO (both versions). It would be nice (to me at least) if we had the ability, perhaps via some setup screen, to have the DUO have one screen that would show current voltage and TCS percentage (not sure if all that would fit on, so at least TCS) for both channels at the same time. When I have two batteries on the unit I have to constantly toggle the CH button to see status, etc. Thoughts?

Also, will there [ever] be an update to the EOS VIEW software? It's been Beta 0.9 version for quite awhile now.

Thanks,

-Hilgert
hilgert is offline Find More Posts by hilgert
Old Nov 30, 2008, 09:30 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Mr. Badcock, with whom we contracted to do all the Hyperion software so far (Emeter, Atlas Servos, EOS, Titan ESC etc) had a storm of work and family-related duties that has prevented his further attention for some months. We have since hired a professional firm to continue with his work. Right now, we are focused on getting Emeter v2 software done, but expect to return to the EOS View 0.9 software soon, to both update for NET/DUO and add 0606i.

In addition, we have hooked up with another talented Hyperion Charger owner, and he has finished his first version of software for NET/DUO under Hyperion logo, FIND EOS INSIGHT HERE.

Have a try - it is quite a different approach from the Hyperion and LogView versions, and you may find it useful...

David

PS: Firmware comments are in the "to consider" file, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgert
[B]NipponDave[/B
Also, will there [ever] be an update to the EOS VIEW software? It's been Beta 0.9 version for quite awhile now.

Thanks,

-Hilgert
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:16 PM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,650 Posts
Any chance for a Mac version of the software?
Old Nov 30, 2008, 10:32 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Any chance for a Mac version of the software?
Not native, but I hear that the Hyperion software run fine under emulation. MAC drivers for the USB adapters are listed on our connectivity docs. And since the apps are very low overhead in terms of resources, they should run very well in emulation.

D
Old Nov 30, 2008, 11:24 PM
McKinney, TX
Joined May 2007
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NipponDave
Not native, but I hear that the Hyperion software run fine under emulation. MAC drivers for the USB adapters are listed on our connectivity docs. And since the apps are very low overhead in terms of resources, they should run very well in emulation.
OK, first a little rant: In order to run in emulation, a paid copy of Windows is required. After somebody has shelled out $270-$300 on a charger, the last thing they want to do is shell out another $100 or more to put Windows on their machines, especially when a lot of people bought Macs so they wouldn't have to deal with Windows. End of rant.

As the saying goes, if you want something done, sometimes you have to do it yourself. I'm a software developer on UNIX systems by trade and have dabbled a little in Mac OS X development, so I could probably come up with a monitoring app given the software interface definition. Do you have an interface document of some sort? If not, I suspect I could reverse-engineer the interface.
Old Nov 30, 2008, 11:26 PM
Buyin', Tryin' and Flyin'
DFW, Texas
Joined Jan 2005
2,283 Posts
It should not be too hard - the output from the charger is very easy to decipher. I did it awhile back and imported it into Excel (they make that for the Mac you know...) and graphed it from there.

-Hilgert
hilgert is offline Find More Posts by hilgert