HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:18 PM
http://www.aircraft-world
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
I think that is documented in the manual, and reason given. I'll check that. It may have been in oneof the FAQ for firmware updates before, only... Anyway, it is not a problem, it is due to the fact that voltage alone is not a suffcient indicator and the charger will spend some time to calc under load to get a better estimate. No worries.

D

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven0db
This will fry your noodle. If I store charge my new 6S 5000ma packs and 8S 5000ma (2 x 4S sync) packs to about 55% and stop the process, wait for 5 minutes and then store charge again, I notice that it will indicate that the packs are at 65% and start to discharge them - you can keep going in circles if you do this. However, as stated earlier it only needs to be stored between 3.7 and 4.0 volts. It does this on both my Duo’s - 0610Duo2 and my newly purchased 0615DuoV3. Hyperion charges have prolonged the life of my packs, so I wouldn’t worry. I once used what I thought was a good charger from a different company and it greatly reduced the life of my packs.
Hope this helps
Steve
NipponDave is offline Find More Posts by NipponDave
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:19 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raydee
Well are winters are pretty long here in NY and my packs probably won't get touched for a while so I want to make sure they are stored right. Last season I stored 6 Flightpower packs and this season most of them lost their punch. I don't want that to happen to my Eleven G3 packs that I bought this year.
Use Store Mode, put them away. They'll be fine.

D
Old Aug 11, 2009, 12:35 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,657 Posts
Raydee someone just started a new thread asking about LiPooy storage so I looked up the link to my TPPL which have spent years in storage. Charged to 3.85 per cell,sealed in Zip lock freeger bag in a frig. at approx 45F. Remove from frig. let reach room temp. charge ,use return to 3.85 and repeat. Someone else ( I believe it was RC Man)posted that he sold some PL that had been in storage for around 3 years and they were also same as new.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=864576

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Aug 13, 2009, 09:16 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Dave Just a couple of questions. The new Logging software is the one to use with the new V3 720i's correct??

Also if a guy networks two V3 720I's can that logging software be used to read both chargers?

Jason
JAM is offline Find More Posts by JAM
Old Aug 13, 2009, 08:54 PM
RC Addict
Western NY
Joined Jun 2002
1,668 Posts
Ok thanks, the reason I am asking is because after my Flightpower packs sat in storage over the winter they never seemed to come back to life. I def don't want that to happen to all the G3 cells I bought this season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer
Raydee someone just started a new thread asking about LiPooy storage so I looked up the link to my TPPL which have spent years in storage. Charged to 3.85 per cell,sealed in Zip lock freeger bag in a frig. at approx 45F. Remove from frig. let reach room temp. charge ,use return to 3.85 and repeat. Someone else ( I believe it was RC Man)posted that he sold some PL that had been in storage for around 3 years and they were also same as new.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=864576

Charles
Raydee is offline Find More Posts by Raydee
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:46 PM
American in Japan
Joined Mar 2001
2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM
Dave Just a couple of questions. The new Logging software is the one to use with the new V3 720i's correct??

Also if a guy networks two V3 720I's can that logging software be used to read both chargers?

Jason
The newest INSIGHT should work with all NET/DUO versions, and yes it will show two networked NET as if they were a DUO in SYNC...

D
Old Aug 14, 2009, 12:52 PM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
Perfect!! Thanks Dave.

Passing on info now.

Jason
Old Aug 17, 2009, 04:47 PM
United States, GA, Temple
Joined Sep 2006
31 Posts
Firmware Upgrade on the 720i net

With the release of updated firmware for the 720i net coming soon, what would be the cables/adapters I would need to purchase to install the upgrade.

Thanks

Bob
bubbap51 is offline Find More Posts by bubbap51
Old Aug 17, 2009, 05:08 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,801 Posts
What adaptors are you guys using for the Horizon 1s lipos used in the Ember, Vapor, Sukhoi, etc?

I imagine you could charge up to 6 of them per side of the Duo3 if you wanted. I'm planning on getting a bunch of these batteries and would love to see the setups out there.

Thanks!
Pete
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Aug 17, 2009, 06:52 PM
...A Better Way to Fly
USA, IL, Palos Heights
Joined Oct 2006
311 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespicyfood
What adaptors are you guys using for the Horizon 1s lipos used in the Ember, Vapor, Sukhoi, etc?

I imagine you could charge up to 6 of them per side of the Duo3 if you wanted. I'm planning on getting a bunch of these batteries and would love to see the setups out there.

Thanks!
Pete
I just ordered this adapter by TMEnet.com

I'm guessing you can charge up to 200 batteries at the same time on the Duo3 with the proper cables...
DriveWRX is offline Find More Posts by DriveWRX
Old Aug 17, 2009, 08:07 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,630 Posts
Although I haven't hooked it up yet, I got a similar one from FMA Direct.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
Old Aug 17, 2009, 08:09 PM
USA, CA, Westlake Village
Joined Sep 2004
1,801 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

Are there ones out that allows the charger to monitor each cell? I would be afraid there might be problems if the batteries were significantly mis-matched in a setup like this.
lovespicyfood is offline Find More Posts by lovespicyfood
Old Aug 18, 2009, 04:18 AM
Joined Oct 2007
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveWRX
I just ordered this adapter by TMEnet.com

I'm guessing you can charge up to 200 batteries at the same time on the Duo3 with the proper cables...
I like this idea of charging these small one-cell batts three or more at a time. I would like to get one of these new small indoor hellis but don't like the charging options they offer.

But...I read the link you posted and it says your charger must support one-cell charging. I don't believe my new dou3 does that. I see no option to charge a one-cell. But...yeah, two buts in one paragraph...I still have my Bantam BC6 which I "think" does charge a one-cell. I was going to sell it but maybe I'll keep it now.

Just curious if you checked on this and know something I don't...like a way to charge a one-cell lipo on the duo3?
Roger_15 is offline Find More Posts by Roger_15
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:19 AM
JAM
MaxAmps CMO
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Joined Jun 2004
4,402 Posts
The just confirmed the DUO III does support 1 cell Li-Po charging as did the DUO and DUO II. Select one cell in the Li-Po set-up sequence.

Jason
Old Aug 18, 2009, 11:01 AM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,630 Posts
IIRC, the DUO can only change at 100mAh increments, right?

Perhaps Dave can advise if it's possible to add finer charge current resolution for the smaller batteries such as these small single cell packs. Perhaps 10mAh increments between 0-1000mAh.

Dave, what do you think?
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic