HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:59 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real
The power systems and servos are optional and up to the dealers to order with or without i think,most of the planes were ordered as arfs at the hobbytown store,most of the techone planes at hobbycity ive seen have been the full combos with power packages in the box.
Did you order yours from HobbyCity with the full package? I didn't see a package option. Just plane and motor.
JoeR is online now Find More Posts by JoeR
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2009, 08:42 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR
Did you order yours from HobbyCity with the full package? I didn't see a package option. Just plane and motor.
I bought mine locally at hobbytown.. hobbytown made the order for techone planes here in the states. Its up to the dealer to order with or without the power systems as they choose. They have plenty of motors and gear for planes in this size at the shop,the techone gear works fine for me but they do carry e-flite,hacker,commonsense and other motors,esc's,small lipos etc that would work well with the piaget as well as light mini servos. Theres plenty of options for power systems for these planes at the shop and they could tell you what they have in stock better than i can.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2009, 06:03 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Piaget Durability?

Well its -18 degrees here(-33 degrees with the windchill) . No way i was gonna try and night fly,not even in the yard. Suppose to be 20+degrees over the weekend so i'll get the piaget outside then. Really noticed the weight differance with the smaller lipo, 1 oz is a lot of weight for a plane thats around 8 ounces. I'll probally still fly the 3s packs i have but prop down to a gws 8x4. I was messing around inside with the piaget.. its epp so why not? Powered down quite a few times and not a scratch when i got to close to furniture etc.

TechOneHobby.com Piaget EPP Plane (1 min 50 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:59 AM
O.N.E.
behind the sticks
Joined Sep 2006
2,017 Posts
GetReal,love the video Olin
ClioRC is offline Find More Posts by ClioRC
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:47 AM
Crash & Burn
Glastonbury, CT
Joined Nov 2004
2,502 Posts
Hey Get Real,

Loved the torque roll! I've got this on my HC wish list. I think I can get the whole thing with servos and receiver for about $100 including shipping. Seems like a good deal to me.

Bob
rmgmag is offline Find More Posts by rmgmag
Old Jan 16, 2009, 05:59 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Glad you guys got a kick out of the video,only flew it once outside but its suppose to be warm enough probally this weekend to get it outdoors again .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2009, 07:46 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Quick Night Flight

It was a bit colder then i would have liked but i got a night flight in after i picked up grocerys. I like it more without the speed breaks,there not bad but i like the plane a little heavier for outdoors and probally wont ever get a chance to fly it in a gym or anything where light set ups and slower planes excell. Ended up pulling out one of the neat little hinges when i got grocerys but it didnt bother it.. youll see the aileron pull back on the video when i scrape the wing landing. Havent nosed it in full throttle or anything but so far its held up really well to hanger rash and some wing scrapes while flying etc. Im sure sooner or later it will take some really hard hits.. hopefully in warmer temps with sunshine out .

TechOneHobby Piaget Quick Night Flight 1-17-2009 (4 min 18 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 18, 2009, 08:38 AM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Does anyone know the empty airframe weight of this plane? I ask because I am curious to figure out how the weight compares to another plane I have. I have the Alphafoamies (Jimmy Wade) EPP Contender which weighs 6.5 oz with light components (3-~6g servos, BP Products A2204-19 motor, 3S-300mah battery, CC10 esc and dare I say Berg 4 receiver). Alphafoamies site says the airframe only weighs 3.6 oz. This plane flies slow enough indoors. I'm wondering if the Piaget can be outfitted in a similar manner and get to a similar weight so it will fly in a similarly slow fashion.
Old Jan 18, 2009, 08:56 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
I weighed mine before installing the gear, i dont think i wrote it down though,i should of weighed the gear as well(i'll look around and see if i have the exact weight scribbled down somewhere for the airframe assembled). The piaget was somewhere in the 4oz range for the airframe fully assembled minus the electronics. Usually i just weigh planes after there assembled or after i do weight saving changes. Maybe the other guys that are getting these could weigh theres if they havent put them together yet.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2009, 03:31 PM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,528 Posts
Joe,

Put the components on the scale and looks like exactly 4 oz for just the airframe. Didn't take the small pieces out of the bags. So that includes two plastic bags.

I have to say the kit looks nice and complete. Looking forward to get the electronics and getting it in the air.
horton is offline Find More Posts by horton
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 19, 2009, 07:56 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Thanks for the weighing the bits. With lighter components it looks like it can get lighter. That's encouraging.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 02:39 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Picked up a couple 8x4 gws props,$1.13 each .. One thing i really like about this size plane is gear for it is very affordable,ran it on the 2 cell inside and hovered around for couple minutes.. didnt even move anything to make some extra room. Much smoother throttle transition and very gentle in the air with the 8x4.. less punch out but should be fine for flying in the yard and still fly well on my 3s 730 packs to .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 25, 2009, 11:44 PM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
do these come with push rods and connecters?
paintball_kidz is offline Find More Posts by paintball_kidz
Old Jan 26, 2009, 01:33 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_kidz
do these come with push rods and connecters?
Yes,carbon rods and plastic connectors. The hardware package is very complete,comes with velcro for attaching the battery to.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:05 PM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
is the Piadget really flexible? does it flex alot when you do a snap? or a blender?

btw. what lipo are you using and whats the time ur getting?
paintball_kidz is offline Find More Posts by paintball_kidz
Last edited by paintball_kidz; Jan 26, 2009 at 09:23 PM.