flys nicely for 8oz!
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2009, 09:31 PM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,527 Posts
Yeah, looks good. Emailed the Hobby Town to see if he has any more and is willing to ship. Gotta love EPP.
horton is offline Find More Posts by horton
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 12, 2009, 05:59 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planelover93
flys nicely for 8oz!
This is the smallest plane and power system ive ever flown,just checked and each of my tp 730 3s packs are 1.7 oz or 50 grams exactly for each one..cut that weight in half for the smaller lighter 2s packs to power the plane and the plane is mid 7oz range,wish i had regular ca for the whole build.. probally gained some weight there and im using the ar6000 which is hefty for planes in this size range. I think if you have plenty of really light gear for these little planes you could get it down to 6oz or under with the super light recievers and lighter 2s packs and go lighter on the ca but i had the 730s and the ar6000 is my lightest reciever. Flew fine for me but with a light 2s pack alone it will be in the 7 oz range easy and even using the stuff i did it came in at the later of the spec auw range,the plane already seems light to me but im used to flying much larger balsa planes. Im sure the guys that fly planes this size more often will have much lighter builds,i'll probally fly it on a smaller 2s pack in a week or two.. the 730 3s pack is considered heavy for a plane this size probally.. most of my packs alone weigh more then this plane rtf .
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2009, 06:09 AM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,028 Posts
It will be fine at that weight outdoors, but I think you will find it a little fast indoors, it wants to be more like 5oz with a 2S 350.

Mike
Mike Smart is offline Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Old Jan 12, 2009, 08:00 AM
United States, MN, Apple Valley
Joined Jan 2004
2,086 Posts
Getreal- '
Did yours come with the motor (like the do on hobbycity.com)? Do you mind me asking how much it was at the local hobbystore? Thanks!

Matt
mattk0 is offline Find More Posts by mattk0
Old Jan 12, 2009, 02:25 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattk0
Getreal- '
Did yours come with the motor (like the do on hobbycity.com)? Do you mind me asking how much it was at the local hobbystore? Thanks!

Matt
The piaget is $39.00 no power system,the order was mostly just for the planes without power systems but they had i think a mini malibu that came with everything..esc,motor,servos,prop etc all in the box. They can order them with or without power systems,they ordered the piaget,gent,traker,malibu,mini malibu,and assuage. Dont know there price structure on the rest of the planes,usually its close to online pricing for stuff at the shop for local stuff.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 12, 2009, 03:16 PM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,527 Posts
Just ordered the Piaget. Sounds like they'll be ordering more. Now to find a power system and servos. Ended up being $45.99 plus shipping. Looking forward to it.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 13, 2009, 09:59 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,955 Posts
Picked up a smaller reciever and a 2 cell 430 lipo,my piaget is 7.4 oz auw with the lighter gear now and no mods. Its -6 degrees now,probally try for a couple flights this weekend again,to cold for night flying for me .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 14, 2009, 04:43 PM
I have a heli problem...
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Aug 2006
187 Posts
Hi,
This is Corey from Hobbytown USA Orland. I'm hoping we will do well with these TechOne planes as we are planning a second order if they are popular enough. We have sold a few so far but if we get some people calling or emailing us about them we will do a second order of the planes everyone wants, that way you can special order a plane through us. Contact us using the email address on the hobbytown website or call (708) 349-8697. We will discuss the ability for us to ship you a plane if you are not local. I really like the looks of these new planes and I look forward to buying the mini Malibu-F3P within the next few days. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me also on this forum or by pm.

Thanks,
Corey (aka. Corinator)
Corinator is offline Find More Posts by Corinator
Old Jan 14, 2009, 07:39 PM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinator
Hi,
This is Corey from Hobbytown USA Orland. I'm hoping we will do well with these TechOne planes as we are planning a second order if they are popular enough. We have sold a few so far but if we get some people calling or emailing us about them we will do a second order of the planes everyone wants, that way you can special order a plane through us. Contact us using the email address on the hobbytown website or call (708) 349-8697. We will discuss the ability for us to ship you a plane if you are not local. I really like the looks of these new planes and I look forward to buying the mini Malibu-F3P within the next few days. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me also on this forum or by pm.

Thanks,
Corey (aka. Corinator)
that would be GREAT!! but i will buy mine in about a month, im very insterested in the malibu also
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:02 PM
Aerial Abstract Art
San Francisco, CA
Joined Nov 2005
2,432 Posts
Ok, I just ordered one from Hobby City. I love the Clik like design and the fact that its made from EPP. My setup will be 2s 750's, 3x HXT 500 5g servos, the 1100kv motor that it comes with (I picked up a 1500kv 24g motor as well as a backup), Turnigy 10A and a AR6100. My goal is to keep this plane around 7oz, although my batteries might be a bit heavy. We'll see.

Matt
Daloaf is online now Find More Posts by Daloaf
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Daloaf; Jan 14, 2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 10:12 PM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,527 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinator
Hi,

Thanks,
Corey (aka. Corinator)
I, too, might be in the market for another Techone plane. Corey, what's your opinion of the power system and servos that are supplied with the kits.
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:15 PM
I have a heli problem...
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Aug 2006
187 Posts
The motor looks like a nice one for the mini malibu it looks like the purple hextronik ones. I like the servos too, GetReal brought his Piaget into the shop and the stock combo servos were so fast they looked like they were digital. The only servos I have that can outrun em are the spektrum 6 gram digitals. The speed control seems to be just the average generic chinese esc but it works very well and starts up easily.

One of the the things I like about the TechOne planes, the non epp ones, is the foam they use. The manual says Depron and HobbyCity says KT Board; I know the foam is not depron. I really like the "KT Board" they are using because it seems to have an almost EPP-like "squishy" foam feeling to it. The planes seem to be plenty reinforced so the foam material does not inhibit rigidity, but seems as if it would add to durability.

One last note about the combos, if the TechOne planes are popular enough and we do re-order them, we can get any of the planes they offer in kit and full combo form.

As GetReal did say, we can't match HobbyCity's price, because they buy in bulk and we have to add air shipping from china. The shipping alone for all the planes overseas is where a lot of the price comes from. Although our prices may be a little bit higher, we are US based in Orland Park, Il and if you came to our location you can see the kits physically sitting in the shop. One benefit if you do come into the shop is the ability to see the kits in the boxes and even open the boxes to sneak a peek.

If you have any more questions on pricing or availability feel free to call our shop, email us, ask me here on the forum, or pm me.

Corey
Corinator is offline Find More Posts by Corinator
Old Jan 15, 2009, 06:27 AM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,908 Posts
Get Real- where is the power package that you show offered? Is it a hobbycity thing or is it with hobbytown? Thanks
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Jan 15, 2009, 07:11 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,955 Posts
The power systems and servos are optional and up to the dealers to order with or without i think,most of the planes were ordered as arfs at the hobbytown store,most of the techone planes at hobbycity ive seen have been the full combos with power packages in the box.
RCG Plus Member