HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 04, 2008, 04:30 PM
TP 1.21 Gigawatt Needed
Hendersonville, NC
Joined Jul 2005
1,103 Posts
All there planes look really innovative, I'd hope there good quality.
If the Hobby City Packages are ~$70, How much would the Arf's be? ~$30?

TECHOne, Why Pink? and Why no USA Distributer?
Why KT Board instead of Depron on other Models?
MikeBiv is offline Find More Posts by MikeBiv
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 29, 2008, 02:43 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,989 Posts
A local shop here is looking into placing a trial order for techonehobby planes,i'll post any info if the shop starts carrying them. I think theyll be more then $30.00 though for the planes alone to absorb the overseas shipping,i have a piadget reserved on the order.
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 29, 2008, 03:40 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,905 Posts
Hobby City now sell one of the EPP planes called the Mythos. I ordered one last week and should have it soon.
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Dec 30, 2008, 01:16 AM
china
Joined May 2008
56 Posts
It is bad of you saying such horrible things about techonehobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet
Hobby City doesn't sell these EPP planes. The reports on the k board kits that Hobby City sell suggest the planes break if you sneeze. I'm not going to buy one of those until I find a flying field with a lightly inflated air mattress covering the ground

I don't understand why you be so unkind to techonehobby. I'm sure you can find these plane in hobbycity's website. please be kind to very person. we talk about the plane and study and learn each other on Rcgroups, it's very bored that said like this.

we know you are a great polit. and wish you give us integrity comment , as you talk about other planes

If you tell us the weak point or strong point of some planes. we are welcome.
ann343128320 is offline Find More Posts by ann343128320
Old Jan 10, 2009, 03:39 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,989 Posts
Available In USA Now!

Got my piaget tonight . Theres a limited supply availble Here ,Its best to call since there not on the site yet,they might be gone fast so get your order in if you want one,they have the piaget and gent epp planes as well as some of the mini f3p and other depron planes. I hope they keep ordering more because you cant beat the price and techone has some neat jets id like to try in the spring as well. Heres some pics of my piaget.. i went with the suggested power system and should have it done over the weekend.. racing tomorrow so havent had much time to get the piaget done. Getting my trucks ready now . I should have it done by sunday night,maybe some night flying or day time flying during the week with video from the ''Noggin Cam'' next week if its not to cold out .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2009, 04:45 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,905 Posts
Hobby City now sell the Piaget and have quite a few in stock ATM.

Here's another thread discussing this plane: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=970775
groovejet is online now Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Jan 10, 2009, 04:54 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,989 Posts
Cool,i just started mine a little while ago. Looking forward to some videos.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2009, 07:03 PM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Get Real- what's their price. Which location? Orland Park, IL specifically? Thanks
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Jan 10, 2009, 09:51 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR
Get Real- what's their price. Which location? Orland Park, IL specifically? Thanks
There about $40.00 bucks i think just for the piaget,i got a few things while i was there and the power system,they just got them and were entering them into inventory when i picked mine up. Yes its the orland park hobbytown thats has them.. thats where the link goes that i put in the post,not sure if theyll show online on the site but they have them so its best to call.

We got more snow out here so i didnt go racing today and i should have my piaget finished tonight.. should of got ca when i was at the shop.. got a bottle of foam safe left but no kicker and i started with regular ca but didnt have much of that to begin with.. just have to let it slow dry but it will be ready by tomorrow . The hardwares really nice,the piaget uses real hinges.. not blenderm or paper and there not difficult to install(i put a drop of oil at the hinge point to keep ca from wicking in when glueing in). I have to get more pics of the landing gear and wheel set up but its really nice and has some extra material on the end caps so the wheel pants have plenty of surface to glue to. Didnt install the carbon rods or pushrods yet but i did check out the power system and servos.. all good and on a tp 730 3s pack theres plenty of power to hover at half throttle . The nose of the plane is reinforced with 4 carbon strips and added epp and feels very strong.. usually a weak point on foamys but looks very robust on this one and the motor mount design and mounting dont look like there going anywhere if you get a prop strike either. Havent flown in a couple months.. cant wait to get this one in the air .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2009, 10:35 PM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
is this how they will arrive from hobbycity as well? (box)
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Jan 11, 2009, 04:32 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,989 Posts
Its finished,now if the weather isnt to cold and windy later today . With the tp 730 3s pack it came out to 8.4oz auw. I'll look for some smaller lighter 2 cell lipos next week. Went together good despite the ca i ended up using(takes for ever for foam safe to dry without kicker) .
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2009, 08:33 AM
3DHobbyShop.com
S. Lancaster County, PA
Joined Jun 2006
2,527 Posts
G.R.,

Looking forward to a flight report. Did the power system come from Techone as well? What servos are you using?

Looks like a good design. Glad to see someone might be importing these.

Noll
horton is offline Find More Posts by horton
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2009, 08:58 AM
USA, NY, Jamestown
Joined Jun 2000
2,910 Posts
Seems a little heavy for a indoor model?
JoeR is offline Find More Posts by JoeR
Old Jan 11, 2009, 02:18 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton
G.R.,

Looking forward to a flight report. Did the power system come from Techone as well? What servos are you using?

Looks like a good design. Glad to see someone might be importing these.

Noll
The gear including the servos is all techone,had good expierence with the power system with the butterfly so didnt have any doubts.. cant beat the price and the stuff works well,the servos themselves are quick and work smooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeR
Seems a little heavy for a indoor model?
On the weight the plane came in within the advertised auw.. even with gops of ca and a tp 730 3s pack,could of probally saved a little weight with regular ca and a lighter pack.. probally could make it lighter with different gear as well but its light enough for me and i'll be flying it outdoors.. its not an indoor only design.. really depends on set up and how comfortable you are flying indoors or outdoors with the plane,they had a mini malibu with power set at the shop if your looking for something really small and light.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2009, 06:41 PM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,989 Posts
Maiden Video

Got the maiden in... 14 degrees out isnt the best flying weather but its something since i havent flown in two months . Piaget didnt feel heavy at all at 8.4oz but i can fly light or heavy planes and adjust,the speed breaks were different.. never flew a plane with those before. There not bad just different,gonna try the next flight without them,need to adjust the expo a little and the cg is fairly close to my liking,had to land after first minute or two and adjust the pack a bit.. had it to far back on the first toss. I was out for maybe 10 minutes total and my hands were froze.. only flew one pack and it flys fine,i'll make some minor adjustments to the radio and id still like to get a lighter pack.. got about 8-10 minutes out of the pack total between the first toss and cg adjustment and then flew again until the lipo was to low to make it back to the car. Might take it out for some night flying during the week,gonna try next weekend again and hopefully the temps get a little warmer.

Techonehobby Piaget EPP Maiden 1-11-2009 (6 min 7 sec)
RCG Plus Member