Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 27, 2008, 11:26 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,962 Posts
Discussion
Techonehobby 3D EPP Planes Now At Tower Hobbies!

Techonehobby has a couple new epp planes,anyone in the states flying these yet ?

Piaget-Epp Specs:

Wing Span: 820mm
Overall Length: 900mm
Wing Area:
Flying Weight: 210g-240g (with Battery)
Motor Size: C20 Pro or 2205
Radio:
Servos: 6G
Prop Size: 9050
Speed Control: 10A
Recommended Battery: 7.4V 800mAH Lipo or 11.1V 500mAH

Gent-Epp Specs:

Wing Span: 820mm
Overall Length: 900mm
Wing Area:
Flying Weight: 210g-240g (with Battery)
Motor Size: C20 Pro or 2205
Radio:
Servos: 6G
Prop Size: 9050
Speed Control: 10A
Recommended Battery: 7.4V 800mAH Lipo or 11.1V 500mAH

Link To Techone 3D Planes At Tower Hobbies

Link to Techonehobby
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Get Real; May 13, 2010 at 08:48 AM. Reason: updated info
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2008, 12:05 AM
Epic Huckin'
Surrey, BC
Joined Jun 2007
2,388 Posts
i've seen theses a couple months ago and really wanted one but didnt know where i can get one. my favorite ones are the sportline, sparks, gust and katana, i know they have some for sale on hobby city but hate pnp's.

but if they were to ever sell the Piadget epp or the other flat ones i would deff buy one with hobbycity setup
paintball_kidz is offline Find More Posts by paintball_kidz
Old Nov 28, 2008, 05:20 AM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,962 Posts
The gent has been on there site for a short while.. the piadget ive only seen this week. I got the butterfly a while back,the gear that came with it worked well and you cant beat there prices,add your radio and a lipo and your flying. Im pretty much done for the year until spring with planes but i might be able to squeeze in an inexpensive epp foamy to mess around with,only have expierence with one epp plane and it was a bipe and i didnt think much of it or its durability but im sure all epp planes are not the same and eventually i'll get another one,these techonehobby planes look cool...the first epp plane i got last year cost more than the butterfly and didnt come with esc,motor and servos or a prop .
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Get Real; Nov 28, 2008 at 05:25 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 05:54 AM
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jan 2000
3,029 Posts
Very Clik-like
Mike Smart is offline Find More Posts by Mike Smart
Old Nov 28, 2008, 07:11 AM
Bridgeport, WV
Joined Jun 2002
428 Posts
I went to the site, but didn't see any prices...

can someone fill me in?
rpavich is offline Find More Posts by rpavich
Old Dec 01, 2008, 09:59 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,962 Posts
Hobbycity carries a lot of there planes.. very inexpensive. I got a butterfly 3d and it came with everything,motor,esc,servos,prop... there on sale for like $69.00 currently but these epp ones im interested in more now.

Video of the Piadget
TechOneHobby PIAGET F3P(EPP) Fun Foamy 1-12-2008.wmv (2 min 33 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Farm Flying
Old Dec 02, 2008, 02:06 AM
china
Joined May 2008
56 Posts
perhaps you can contact Eddie to get new planes

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball_kidz
i've seen theses a couple months ago and really wanted one but didnt know where i can get one. my favorite ones are the sportline, sparks, gust and katana, i know they have some for sale on hobby city but hate pnp's.

but if they were to ever sell the Piadget epp or the other flat ones i would deff buy one with hobbycity setup
Hi my friend

Perhaps you contact Eddie to get new planes

E Mail : eddie@tates.com.au or sales@tates.com.au
MSN : eddieattates@hotmail.com
Web : www.tates.com.au also www.rcx.com.au
ann343128320 is offline Find More Posts by ann343128320
Old Dec 02, 2008, 03:08 AM
How many planes is too many?
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann343128320
Hi my friend

Perhaps you contact Eddie to get new planes

E Mail : eddie@tates.com.au or sales@tates.com.au
MSN : eddieattates@hotmail.com
Web : www.tates.com.au also www.rcx.com.au
Given that paintball kidz' location is listed as 13,000km away from me and I'm about 50km from Tates, I doubt that contacting Eddie at Tates would be a cost effective solution for him/her. I might look into it for myself though.
groovejet is offline Find More Posts by groovejet
Old Dec 02, 2008, 06:20 AM
massachusetts
Joined Aug 2003
920 Posts
What the point of showing a nice looking plane that canít be bought here in the US ? I went to their site. Techonehobby No prices or how to order one.
Downwind 1 is offline Find More Posts by Downwind 1
Old Dec 02, 2008, 02:02 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwind 1
What the point of showing a nice looking plane that canít be bought here in the US ? I went to their site. Techonehobby No prices or how to order one.
Have you ever heard of hobbycity? Ofcourse id rather go into a local shop to get these or order from a stateside distributor.. maybe someone will become a US distributor for them. Ive seen a lot of cool designs from europe as well and had the same feeling,just have to give it time i guess.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2008, 02:25 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Get Real
Have you ever heard of hobbycity? Ofcourse id rather go into a local shop to get these or order from a stateside distributor.. maybe someone will become a US distributor for them. Ive seen a lot of cool designs from europe as well and had the same feeling,just have to give it time i guess.
Hobby City doesn't sell these EPP planes. The reports on the k board kits that Hobby City sell suggest the planes break if you sneeze. I'm not going to buy one of those until I find a flying field with a lightly inflated air mattress covering the ground
Old Dec 02, 2008, 02:32 PM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downwind 1
I agree fully though not with the US bit as I'm in Australia . Their website really frustrates me. It's slow and lacks useful information. Hopefully this will change with time.

The user called ann1234567890 etc. is associated with TechOne and listed a couple of Australian websites that could possibly supply a kit, but neither of those websites list any TechOne planes so again there are no prices.

In most cases I prefer to order kits without human intervention, but here it looks like I have to email them to firstly ask if they actually know anything about these kits.

TechOne, I know you're listening. Do you have any resellers anywhere in the world that list your products with prices on their website? That would be a huge help to some of us. If this isn't possible, are you in a position to list prices on your website for direct sales?
Old Dec 02, 2008, 02:47 PM
Time For Me To Fly!
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
4,962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejet
Hobby City doesn't sell these EPP planes. The reports on the k board kits that Hobby City sell suggest the planes break if you sneeze. I'm not going to buy one of those until I find a flying field with a lightly inflated air mattress covering the ground
Hobbycity carries quite a few of there planes.. theyll probally carry these as well or some other place. 3mm plane designs are light and fly well.. if you plan on putting a plane in every other flight youll have better luck with epp probally . The butterfly held up to my abuse in the air.. as far as strength and crashability its similar to a qq byp yak which is common with light 3mm designs.

TechOneHobby Butterfly 3D Having Fun In The Wind! (4 min 22 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 02, 2008, 06:35 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
Longview, Tx
Joined May 2008
1,120 Posts
I bought one of the GeeBee kits from HC and it flew pretty well but you talk about fragile. Anything less than a perfect landing and this thing was toast, which mine was after a handful of flights. I broke the fuse in two places a couple of times. The motor and esc still live on on another more durable plane.
krexken is offline Find More Posts by krexken
Old Dec 03, 2008, 12:12 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Aug 2007
3,873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by krexken
I bought one of the GeeBee kits from HC and it flew pretty well but you talk about fragile. Anything less than a perfect landing and this thing was toast, which mine was after a handful of flights. I broke the fuse in two places a couple of times. The motor and esc still live on on another more durable plane.
Yeah, that's consistent with what I've heard. I'm waiting for the TechOne EPP planes before I try any as I'm not interested in spending hours building a plane to have it break almost every time I fly it.