HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:29 PM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterofdog
xHeli does sell parts for some of them, but they have a bad rep for parts sales.
E, has that been your experience?

frac
frac is offline Find More Posts by frac
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:32 PM
MasterBlaster runs Bartertown
Joined Jul 2008
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
Why did even order another 450 size heli , I'll never know cause I already own about six or seven of them .
It's still cheaper than heroin or crack and healthier too.
eaterofdog is offline Find More Posts by eaterofdog
Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:34 PM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthdrk
I just placed my first order with Xheli. Im going to give em a try and see what experience or service I get from them. I'll see.
don't bother with the phones, chat is a crapshoot, for support and fast action www.rcdiscuss.com

i don't know how it's going to go today because from the 2 orders' i placed numbers , they seem to be getting deluged

i gotta stop doing this i'm starting to feel like an xheli unpaid employee

Quote:
Why did even order another 450 size heli , I'll never know cause I already own about six or seven of them .
$55 throwaway spare great for that psychotic special project you'd never risk the expensive spread on?

frac
Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:41 PM
MasterBlaster runs Bartertown
Joined Jul 2008
553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frac
E, has that been your experience?
I have only ordered whole helicopters from them in the past. My experiences have been great. Fast service and great prices.

I am just summing up a lot of others posts right there. Most of the complaints revolve around out of stock items and waiting. A few complain about incorrect shipments.

Having said that, I also ordered a set of weighted carbon paddles with the EXI. I don't need them ASAP, so getting them for $13 is a bonus. They have been good to me so far so I choose to trust them.
eaterofdog is offline Find More Posts by eaterofdog
Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:51 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
$65 is quite unbelievable. That will get more guys into minis. And for $36 you can get an XMSeller G401B gyro that in my tests is Futaba GY401 class .

Are the black head bits plastic?
They have 2 Gyros that look like the one you reviewed, one is the 401B for $36. and then there is anothe rone for $34. but it doesnt have a model #

The one for $36. say sits a "digital" does that mean it will work with digital servos or does it require a digital servo? I dont have any digital servos so i need one that use both digital and standard.

I hope i got the right thing?
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Nov 28, 2008, 04:10 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,772 Posts
Them be great prices at Xheli. Too bad I used my Black Friday funds on a MiniTitan for 10% off yesterday. I also bought that storage/carry case for $50 last month and it is $26 today.....aaaaarrgggghhhh!!!

By the way, I've ordered from Xheli 2 times (all in stock items) w/ no problems.

Bower,
G401B has a switch in the lower left corner labeled "DS" or digital off/on.
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Last edited by dude_109; Nov 28, 2008 at 04:17 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 04:46 PM
United States, NJ, North Brunswick Township
Joined Jul 2007
15 Posts
Well, I took the dive and ordered two helis from them. I'll figure out which one I want and sell off the other.

I got the 55 dollar special and also the 450ZL, for $99, which has a weird frame but looks sturdy.

I like the metal head on the ZL and a lot of the parts are interchangable besides the frames.

I almost got the 450 Squadron but was not sure if it is trex compaible and there were no parts listed for it.
viprvette is offline Find More Posts by viprvette
Old Nov 28, 2008, 05:02 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
BowerR64, there are a lot of gyros that look like the G401B I reviewed. In fact on XMSeller's site alone, he has other gyro models that look exactly like it but called and priced different LOL. Some of them are Telebee or Esky class. That is the worst case hold you can expect in case you get a different one.

I don't think you can tell if it is the same gyro from looks and name alone if you buy from a different site. Not until we find out the OEM brand name. I do know that the XMHobbies G401B is the good one. Well good by initial 2 week report. I am not sure how well this will do long term and with crashes. I hope I don't get one anytime soon

At the moment, unless you want to gamble, it is a sure bet just to buy it from XMSeller.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Nov 29, 2008, 02:55 PM
BeeZaur 480
Parkville Mo.
Joined Dec 2004
5,522 Posts
ok, well thats the one i ordered. I just wondered about the other one that was below the 401B that was a few bucks less.

I also wanted to make sure that i wasnt getting a digital version and you had maybe left out the detail that you were using a digital servo or somthing and ide be getting a gyro i couldnt use.

It is a good price but not if i have to buy a digital servo just to use it then ide be spending more because i dont have any digital radio gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
BowerR64, there are a lot of gyros that look like the G401B I reviewed. In fact on XMSeller's site alone, he has other gyro models that look exactly like it but called and priced different LOL. Some of them are Telebee or Esky class. That is the worst case hold you can expect in case you get a different one.

I don't think you can tell if it is the same gyro from looks and name alone if you buy from a different site. Not until we find out the OEM brand name. I do know that the XMHobbies G401B is the good one. Well good by initial 2 week report. I am not sure how well this will do long term and with crashes. I hope I don't get one anytime soon

At the moment, unless you want to gamble, it is a sure bet just to buy it from XMSeller.
BowerR64 is offline Find More Posts by BowerR64
Old Nov 29, 2008, 03:41 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Oh the gyro has an analog or digital servo switch. It should work with analog. I am using a Fusonic HB-D-02 digital servo.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Nov 29, 2008, 04:57 PM
Joined Jan 2008
3 Posts
to me the zl looks like the blade 400.if i didnt have 3 kids to shop for id be all over that one.looks like a great heli
growmaster4 is offline Find More Posts by growmaster4
Old Dec 11, 2008, 11:13 AM
Joined Mar 2008
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowerR64
oh yeah your right, it is "Flasher" i thought it was flash for some reason.

They sure look good i tell ya. That one for $65. dont look bad for the money if you ask me.

This is the one for $65. http://www.rcmodel4u.com/product.asp?id=625
Bower,

Did you place your order for the Flasher from rcmodel4u? How much did you pay for the shipping? I bought mine at www.snhobbies.com for $99.95 free shipping. I think it's a very good deal.
NitroEnthusias is offline Find More Posts by NitroEnthusias
Old Dec 11, 2008, 11:26 AM
Joined Mar 2008
98 Posts
Oh forgot to mention the Flasher I bought from www.snhobbies.com comes with free brushless motors and ESC. I wonder if the EXI comes with motor and ESC as well.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 11:30 AM
anarchist
Joined Jan 2008
6,907 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroEnthusias
Oh forgot to mention the Flasher I bought from www.snhobbies.com comes with free brushless motors and ESC. I wonder if the EXI comes with motor and ESC as well.
no

frac
Old Dec 11, 2008, 11:47 AM
Joined Mar 2008
98 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frac
no

frac
Thanks frac