HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 27, 2008, 02:52 PM
Nor Cal,USA
Joined Sep 2000
460 Posts
Discussion
$36.00 to ship a 4#3B in California....WOW

I was going to order a 4#3B from Wowhobbies but their FED EX ground rates to ship within California (keep in mind, they are located in California.) is $36.00., all I can say is WOW alright. That is highway robbery. It only cost less than $6.oo to ship that package and if they have a FED EX account, which I suspect they do, could ship for even less (Trust me, I know this for a fact.). I just won't buy from them out of principle. I mean really $36.00 for shipping (oh yeah I forgot ), and their so called "handling and quality contol" service they provide (B.S.) Talk about a good marketing scheme. I mean they put in a 600% mark-up in shipping charges.

I'm not trying to bash them (I'm pretty sure they have some satisfied customers out there.) all I'm saying is don't advertise like you have the lowest prices when in reality your charging the same as everybody else (If not more.).

Having said that, I would be interested in some customers input of those who might have actually had a "quality" control problem or "defective" product shipped to them and how Wowhobbies handled it.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Peace, Marcusg
marcusg is offline Find More Posts by marcusg
Last edited by marcusg; Nov 27, 2008 at 06:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2008, 02:55 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
check into this, this is the one i will be ordering, comes with a metal case to carry it in.

http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_...oducts_id=5953

I can get it shipped to me in Texas for $152.28 including metal case...over all, it's $20 more but you get a $30 case, so you kind of save $10 in the long run...
Blade_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
Last edited by Blade_Killer; Nov 27, 2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2008, 04:11 PM
Louisville, KY
Joined Jun 2006
561 Posts
OK, then where is the best place to order one of these small Walkera Helis from in the US?
Sympster is online now Find More Posts by Sympster
Old Nov 27, 2008, 04:37 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Try rotorfever.com, rchobbyheli.com,
rc11.com (not sure if in US) or from China.. terrence here

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusg
I was going to order a 4#3B from Wowhobbies but their FED EX ground rates to ship within California (keep in mind, they are located in California.) is $36.00., all I can say is WOW alright. That is highway robbery. It only cost less than $6.oo to ship that package and if they have a FED EX account, which I suspect they do, could ship for even less (Trust me, I know this for a fact.). I just won't buy from them out of principle. I mean really $36.00 for shipping (oh yeah I forgot ), and their so called "handling and quality contol" service they provide (B.S.) Talk about a good marketing scheme. I mean they put in a 600% mark-up in shipping charges.

I'm not trying to bash them (I'm pretty sure they have some satisfied customers out there.) all I'm saying is don't advertise like you have the lowest prices when in reality your charging the same as everybody else (If not more.).

Having said that, I would be interested in some customers input of those who might have actually had a "quality" control problem or "defective" product shipped to them and how Wowhobbies handled it.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Peace, Marcusg
This is also the Christmas buying season and some dealers are doing a Christmas Special. My son just ordered a Lama 2 based on a Christmas Special from http://www.rchelicoptershop.com/and none of the extra parts were in the box!!!!!!!!! There seem to be a few rip-off artists out there.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:21 PM
I smell fish!
Denver, Colorado
Joined Oct 2008
50 Posts
I got my 4#3b from wow and paid their over priced shipping and had it in 3 business days.. I searched about 20 different sites and found that $140 with shipping was the cheapest I could find In the US. I found a few sites out there that were out of the US and could have paid $10-$20 less after shipping but I did not want to wait 7-10 business days to get my heli.. I guess it comes down to how patient you are and if you are willing to wait a week or two to get your heli to save a few bucks.
PsychoKory is offline Find More Posts by PsychoKory
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:50 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2007
338 Posts
Hey I wanna add something to this. I ordered parts from WOw hobbies and chose the Fedex ground option. Well I was sent a tracking number for the usps, G-dammit. I emailed them and asked what the deal was, they told me 'oops, it was a mix up'. Oh really, well for an $8 order i payed almost $20 for it. No consolation at all.
superevan is offline Find More Posts by superevan
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:24 PM
CULIACAN SINALOA MEXICO
Joined Aug 2005
550 Posts
marcusg i know hey are about 15 to 20 miles from me and ask them if the had will call so that could pick it up in person.they do not offer will call.
i think thats what you pay to send a 90 size nitro helicopter complete with engine and radio.
raptorddd is offline Find More Posts by raptorddd
Old Nov 28, 2008, 02:55 AM
Nor Cal,USA
Joined Sep 2000
460 Posts
Yeah, IMHO, I think they are rip-off artist. Again they claim to check out all of the helis out before they ship them to you , that is their justification for marking up the shipping charges, OK fine. What I want to know then, does that "service" also pay for some type of "satisfaction guarantee" if the heli turns out to be defective or a lemon. Will they go around and basically say "tuff luck, we checked it out prior to shipping it to you" or will they go out their way to make it right. Like I said before I would love to hear from people who did receive a "defective" heli from them and how Wow Hobbies handled it. Did they stand behind their products or did they just blow the customer off/give them the run around.

I mean seriously, why doesn't Wowhobbies just charge what they really want to make a profit and charge the apprpriate shipping fee instead of "juggling" numbers and "mis-representing" what you are "really" paying for the helicopter.

Peace, Marcusg
marcusg is offline Find More Posts by marcusg
Last edited by marcusg; Nov 28, 2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2008, 04:32 AM
stockholm sweden
Joined Jan 2008
2 Posts
wow

hello

ok sinse we are spjuwing our guts on wowhobbies now i thought i should give u my experience on dealing with them....

orderd 2 losi's from his site before it was called wow
it said losi's should come with screws
opon arrival their is no screws included so i send him 2 email about it but still no reply.....

so i took some screws from my walkera52 servo
and won't deal with him again.

Matt
mr.blomman is offline Find More Posts by mr.blomman
Old Nov 28, 2008, 08:18 AM
Efficiency Freak!
Toanawanda NY
Joined Nov 2006
1,620 Posts
I have one due today from wow. I will report my experiences.

I do agree this 'policy' is a slippery slope for wow. One mistake looks real bad and bamm! Your reputation is tarnished. It should be a straight up pricing system for both products and s/h.

Owner of wow:
you should change this and take care of the other customers that have chimed in on this thread. Otherwise, this could be the end...just warning you as a fellow business owner and 'friend'. Raise your base price for your Helli's and get rid of the extra 'Handling charge'. Don't worry, we will understand and appreciate it! Continue to check each one, and mention it on your site to instill the same confidence in potential customers, just don't say it's a 'service' they have to pay for in the shipping charge. This may have been an experiment for you, but trust me, extra shipping charges automatically raise the eyebrows of consumers. Don't leave room for skepticism! Nothing is better than clear product pricing.

Notice your Heli s/h policy has a defensive tone to it? It's a good idea to stay away from any policy that puts you in the defensive right off the bat.

When I had my store I used shipping to give "quantity" discounts. Meaning, I usually lost a little on the shipping charge for larger orders, but it gave my customers a break for ordering more stuff. The profit on each piece was sufficient to cover the little extra I had to kick in to ship the order out.

Make your customers feel that they are getting a deal without "iffy" tactics/policies/charges. Yes, it's a psychological thing.

Just my 2 cents,
Jay

Urgent advice: fix this now before it gets worse dude!
GITech is offline Find More Posts by GITech
Old Nov 28, 2008, 08:27 AM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
I know how you feel. I was looking for a 4#3b for my nephews 25th birthday and i can find pretty good prices for the heli but the shipping is way to high. I just don't understand the high prices for shipping. We have all went to the post office and sent something out and it was no where near the prices that these online hobby shops are charging. If anyone knows of a place that i can order a 4#3b for around 120$shipped please let me know.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Old Nov 28, 2008, 08:56 AM
Hilton (Rochester), NY
Joined Mar 2008
9,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superevan
Hey I wanna add something to this. I ordered parts from WOw hobbies and chose the Fedex ground option. Well I was sent a tracking number for the usps, G-dammit. I emailed them and asked what the deal was, they told me 'oops, it was a mix up'. Oh really, well for an $8 order i payed almost $20 for it. No consolation at all.
They didn't offer you a refund on the difference?!!!!!! It wasn't YOUR mistake!! WOW is getting some lousy publicity lately.
kodak_jack is offline Find More Posts by kodak_jack
Old Nov 28, 2008, 08:58 AM
dze
Joined Jan 2008
5,917 Posts
i think i paid 132 from ehirobo .. 145 is about the going price to your door .. if u find one for 120 or less thats great but typically the shop removes the extra blades that are supposed to come with it and will sell them to you later or some other unexpected nonsense ... if i was ordering a third one i would either use chinesejade or ehirobo.
dze is offline Find More Posts by dze
Old Nov 28, 2008, 09:02 AM
morgantown, wv
Joined Mar 2004
2,439 Posts
Yea, i think that i will just keep ordering with Terence at chinesejade.com.
buster7467 is offline Find More Posts by buster7467
Closed Thread