Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 29, 2008, 12:46 AM
Canada, BC, Duncan
Joined Dec 2006
3,618 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLuneau
Aww man, this is exactly what I've been dreaming about!

I do have wifi at my field (my back yard), though I've always had to turn the adapter off in my notebook due to interference with my video receiver. (I use 2.4GHz video)

It's not a big deal to cache the area then fly though. It's pretty much always cached anyway...
JMSTECH is offline Find More Posts by JMSTECH
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 29, 2008, 05:34 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Wallaguest1,

Quote:
can we make OSD show Gps coordinates or switch OSD off thru RC transmitter?
Yes, see here for a test flight I made late August:

http://www.vimeo.com/1633498

Quote:
wich will be the price of the OSD?
The EzOSD will be priced competitively with the other offerings, although final pricing has yet to be determined. It will be available early Q1/2009.

Quote:
what CUA means?
No idea what you mean, what is CUA?

Quote:
can we personalize OSD in some way ?
Yes, but not to a degree that you can pick where readings are displayed. You can however select margins, warnings, callsign, etc. all from the built in menu (operated by the three buttons, up/down and enter).

Quote:
when time appears is done randomly by OSD or done by you using a switch?
Time starts counting when the home location has been set and is displayed every minute for four seconds. This can be combined with the callsign if needed.

Quote:
how much it weight?
The OSD with GPS receiver, but without cables, weighs 25-grams.

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 29, 2008, 05:42 AM
United States, IN, Carmel
Joined Jan 2008
2,416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen
No idea what you mean, what is CUA?
It's not CUA - it's CUR. For current.
Dimitris76 is offline Find More Posts by Dimitris76
Old Nov 29, 2008, 05:56 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
It's not CUA - it's CUR. For current.
Gotcha!

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 08:10 AM
Sarnia Ont. Canada
Joined Jul 2005
325 Posts
Can true air speed be added ?
ground speed is ok on the ground BUT I FLY so i need air speed.
mdw21 is offline Find More Posts by mdw21
Old Nov 29, 2008, 08:16 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Can true air speed be added ?
ground speed is ok on the ground BUT I FLY so i need air speed.
At the moment we don't have anything planned for that, as it requires an external pressure difference sensor, pitot tubes etc. which is something the majority of people will not use. However since we have a I2C bus on the EzOSD which can be used (among other things) for interfacing sensors (for example with an I2C ADC) we'd be happy to offer a true airspeed sensor if there's enough demand for it to make it worthwhile for us.

Most people however are fine with the GPS speed, I've never felt the need to add true airspeed. For example if I fly into a headwind and my speed drops to a level that doesn't correspond with my throttle setting I notice that right away, I just takes a little getting used to really.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 09:07 AM
Joined Mar 2008
493 Posts
Hi Sassen, What refresh rate is the telemetry at the ground? Is the telemetry received as part of the video or audio? When I watch the video, google earth says the eye level is around 500 m but the osd says alt is around 50 m, why is that, I am guessing it is a sea level issue?
CATPart is offline Find More Posts by CATPart
Old Nov 29, 2008, 09:13 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
CATpart,

Quote:
Hi Sassen, What refresh rate is the telemetry at the ground? Is the telemetry received as part of the video or audio?
We encode it on one of the audio channels, hence it is also available in recordings etc. and can always be played back at a later date. The algorythm and processing used is very resilient to encoding etc. so even if the original footage is compressed with a very low bitrate the telemetry can still be extracted. Obviously this is done to always guarantee it can be decoded even if the audio/video signal received from the plane when flying isn't as strong or suffers from noise/interference.

Quote:
When I watch the video, google earth says the eye level is around 500 m but the osd says alt is around 50 m, why is that, I am guessing it is a sea level issue?
Yes, indeed, the demo you've seen is from one of the earlier builds of our application, the version the EzOSD will be shipped with obviously will be much more robust and have a host of features that allows you to either select sea-level, or have the application correct for it automatically.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 09:18 AM
Joined Mar 2008
493 Posts
Thanks, so will we see 5Hz or 2Hz at the ground for the GPS updates?
CATPart is offline Find More Posts by CATPart
Old Nov 29, 2008, 11:02 AM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
telemetry data to point the antena is hidden in the video lines like teletext system?

lets say i want remove "bat" and "CUR" data, and just keep mAh and Flight time, can that be done updating the firmware?

maybe you can also think about sell a "Video Tx+ eZOSD" all in one compact solution to make a more lightweight, free-wire pack.

any picture about how the ground decoding box looks like?

thnks
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Last edited by wallaguest1; Nov 29, 2008 at 11:07 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 11:54 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
CATpart,

Quote:
Thanks, so will we see 5Hz or 2Hz at the ground for the GPS updates?
The GPS used is a 5Hz type, so 5Hz updates, the telemetry link has ample bandwidth for this.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 12:05 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Wallaguest1,

Quote:
telemetry data to point the antena is hidden in the video lines like teletext system?
No, it is explained here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...2&postcount=38

Quote:
lets say i want remove "bat" and "CUR" data, and just keep mAh and Flight time, can that be done updating the firmware?
No, battery voltage and current are always shown. You can however turn off the whole OSD by a switch on the RC remote. Only when the low voltage, or mAh consumed warning treshold has been reached they'll reappear and will be flashing, have a look at the below video, you'll see me switching off the OSD a few times, at the end of the movie you'll also see both the voltage and mAh tresholds being reached.

http://www.vimeo.com/1633498

Quote:
maybe you can also think about sell a "Video Tx+ eZOSD" all in one compact solution to make a more lightweight, free-wire pack.
The ImmersionRC 500mW Tx is the smallest self contained and coolest running video transmitter available and is plug 'n play with the EzOSD. Just plug in the cable and you're ready to go, doesn't get more convenient than that really:

http://www.immersionrc.com/datasheet...05_09_2008.pdf

Quote:
any picture about how the ground decoding box looks like?
There's no ground decoding box, all that is done in software. You can either connect your audio/video receiver to your PC/notebook for real time viewing and recording at the field, or play back the recorded footage on your PC at a later date using our application and it'll generate a Google Earth .kml file (flight path) and will show you synchronous tracking on Google Earth with the video.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Nov 29, 2008, 12:15 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2,117 Posts
there is no ground box?
mmmmm
but you said the tracking antenna is a stand-alone solution,

so if no laptop is used, there should be something to decode the audio and move the antena right?

thnks
wallaguest1 is offline Find More Posts by wallaguest1
Old Nov 29, 2008, 01:03 PM
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
3,960 Posts
Does it will be possible to use others brand of tx like 900mhz and install 900mhz patch on the antenna mount?
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer
Old Nov 29, 2008, 01:23 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Wallaguest1,

Quote:
there is no ground box?
mmmmm
but you said the tracking antenna is a stand-alone solution,

so if no laptop is used, there should be something to decode the audio and move the antena right?
Ah, that's what you meant to ask, your question wasn't entirely clear to me. The tracking antenna is indeed a seperate stand-alone product, it doesn't come included with the EzOSD, nor does it require a PC. The EzOSD offers the EzTelemetry feature which can be used for a variety of things, among which are antenna tracking and the real time Google Earth tracking.

The tracking antenna uses the data provided by the EzTelemetry as does the application on the PC. So for both the EzOSD is required, hence the tracking antenna will only work with the EzOSD. The hardware to control the tracking antenna is a small receiver sized PCB which has a built in OSD for easy setup, a power connector (6-16V) , a video in and video out connector (4-pin 3.5-mm jack), a USB connector and two servo output connectors. At the moment I don't have any pictures that would resemble the final product as we're still looking for a suitable case to put it into.

Cheers,

Sander.