HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 25, 2009, 04:56 AM
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmersionRC
All support for the tracking antenna is built into the EzOSDs that are in production now. For the antenna tracker electronics, we're waiting for some custom aluminium extrusions to be completed, these will be used for all of our ground-based gear in the near future. These fun toys deserve a nice professional enclosure :-)

The Google-Earth interface, and PC Based live telemetry decode are ready to go, and will be downloadable as soon as the first OSDs ship.

Duo2.4 will be available very soon also, in much larger quantities than in the past.
Unreal, thanks for the update!
I wish I could pre order it now
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2009, 11:44 PM
Joined Jan 2009
376 Posts
Any updates on the antenna tracker?
tekrunner is offline Find More Posts by tekrunner
Old Apr 11, 2009, 04:09 PM
United States, NE, Omaha
Joined Oct 2005
414 Posts
Sander

I know Immersion RC was shooting for a March release of the EZ OSD, I was just curious if you have a revised release date. I'm itching to buy!

Mark
Blue Collar is online now Find More Posts by Blue Collar
Old Apr 17, 2009, 06:04 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
We're close, but little things held us up again, cables, stickers, etc. We just want to make sure you get a package that you can put to good use with little effort. Please be patient, we're nearly there!

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 17, 2009, 06:40 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,583 Posts
Hello,

Will this include the antenna tracker as well?
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Apr 17, 2009, 06:58 AM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
The antenna tracker will follow shortly as there have been some new developments with that, stay tuned ...

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:58 AM
Quebec, Canada
Joined Jan 2008
202 Posts
And the price will be around of ?
David MPS is offline Find More Posts by David MPS
Old Apr 22, 2009, 01:03 PM
Victoria, Canada
Joined Feb 2009
158 Posts
Thanks in advance to the hardware & software designers of EzOSD because it looks like you guys have put in a great effort and it's a great accomplishment.

No pat on the back, however, to the marketing folk because the timeline for bringing this product to market has been lackluster. EzOSD has been "delayed" for so long that I have my doubts as to whether it will ever come to market. I sincerely hope that I will be proven wrong, but here's how things look from my perspective:

May, 2008 - 11 months ago
EzOSD datasheet (PDF) generated
Source: http://www.immersionrc.com/datasheet..._Datasheet.pdf

August, 2008 - 9 months ago
"Almost ready to debut"
Source: http://www.aeropix.ch/store/

November, 2008 - 6 months ago
"Available early Q1"
Source: post by Sander in this thread

January, 2009 to Present
"Availability: March 2009"
http://www.immersionrc.com/products.htm

Of course I understand that putting any product on the market is a BIG task that requires a lot of work and organization. But I think that premature announcement of product delivery dates has really left me disappointed and questioning any future "release date".

Best wishes,

Victor
ragamofyn is offline Find More Posts by ragamofyn
Old Apr 22, 2009, 01:30 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Victor,

I see your point, the issue is that we work with suppliers and manufacturers that often don't seem willing, or able, to adhere to our timeschedules, esp. since the initial volume is low.

Many manufacturers usually don't bother if there's not at least 2000-pcs minimum order quantity. So part of this is certainly our own fault as there's always little things that can be tweaked which eat up valueable time, but the bulk of the delay is due to delays by the suppliers or manufacturers.

We sent off all final orders for PCBs, parts etc. in early Q1 hence we were indeed expecting to have it ready by the end of Q1. Along the way we were met with some issues such a parts availability, out of stock items etc.

Please realize that although ImmersionRC is run by a team of seasoned engineers, we don't have previous experience with low-cost manufacturing at this scale, so part of this is also due to our inexperience with all this. I hope you can understand that it is a learning process for us as well.

Having said that, both the EzOSD and the tracking antenna will see their official introduction at the international FPV meeting in l'Aigle, France in early May. We also have planned the launch of a few other products which we'll keep under wraps for now ...

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 02:02 PM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen
Victor,

I see your point, the issue is that we work with suppliers and manufacturers that often don't seem willing, or able, to adhere to our timeschedules, esp. since the initial volume is low.

Many manufacturers usually don't bother if there's not at least 2000-pcs minimum order quantity. So part of this is certainly our own fault as there's always little things that can be tweaked which eat up valueable time, but the bulk of the delay is due to delays by the suppliers or manufacturers.

We sent off all final orders for PCBs, parts etc. in early Q1 hence we were indeed expecting to have it ready by the end of Q1. Along the way we were met with some issues such a parts availability, out of stock items etc.

Please realize that although ImmersionRC is run by a team of seasoned engineers, we don't have previous experience with low-cost manufacturing at this scale, so part of this is also due to our inexperience with all this. I hope you can understand that it is a learning process for us as well.

Having said that, both the EzOSD and the tracking antenna will see their official introduction at the international FPV meeting in l'Aigle, France in early May. We also have planned the launch of a few other products which we'll keep under wraps for now ...

Cheers,

Sander.
I have PM'd you a couple of times expressing an interest in the EzUHF product you posted previously as well. Are you not receiving the PMs, or is this one of the things you want to "keep under wraps for now" ?
Regards,
ob1
ob1 is offline Find More Posts by ob1
Last edited by ob1; Apr 22, 2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 02:56 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Ob1,

Ah yes, that's on the todo list still, sending you a reply. Basically the EzUHF isn't ready for release yet as we're currently investigating to see whether we can sell these legally without anyone requiring a HAM license to operate it. We'll also demo the EzUHF at the event in l'Aigle, France.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:21 PM
ob1
Southeast TN
Joined Jan 2006
580 Posts
Quote:
Ob1,

Ah yes, that's on the todo list still, sending you a reply. Basically the EzUHF isn't ready for release yet as we're currently investigating to see whether we can sell these legally without anyone requiring a HAM license to operate it. We'll also demo the EzUHF at the event in l'Aigle, France.

Cheers,

Sander.
Not trying to speak for anyone else, but there seems to be others who are interested in using UHF and already have or may be willing to get HAM license since it is relatively easy....at least in USA. Don't know how your design works, but is it possible to sell "adjustable" power EzUHF with the default set to something like 10mw? Then the responsibility would rest with the individual who purchased it to operate within all legal requirements. That would be no different than selling the current crop of vtx equipement with power greater than 10mw.....at least power-wise....maybe not band-wise. In any case, perhaps another option would be to sell only to licensed HAMs. In any case, the prototype and pics and description sounded like it would be a good product and would certainly resolve some of the issues long-range flyers run into, and might resolve some of the radiated interferrence issues that other are having when mixing different freqs for vtx, rc-rx, gps, etc.
Regards,
ob1
ob1 is offline Find More Posts by ob1
Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:31 PM
Victoria, Canada
Joined Feb 2009
158 Posts
Quote:
Victor,
Thanks for your reply, Sander. Having some understanding of the economics of prototype manufacturing and the general disinterest many vendors have re: producing limited initial quantities, I completely sympathize with your situation. All too often, we are at the mercy of the suppliers.

I also want to thank you for your informative and honest answer. I really want to see your product on the market because it looks like a great piece of engineering: the prototype boards look professional, the components are nicely placed, and there's good use of surface-mounted technology. You guys are obviously very talented electrical engineers with a promising product and I hope that your production and delivery channels will rise to match the high caliber of your design team.

Best wishes on a great product launch.

Cheers,

Victor
ragamofyn is offline Find More Posts by ragamofyn
Old Apr 22, 2009, 06:36 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
29,080 Posts
Just keeping the power output down doesn't eliminate the requirement to
be a HAM. The only way to handle that (at least in the US, and most likely
much the same elsewhere) is to get an FCC ID (or equiv) and license it as a
Part 15 compliant device (like a cordless phone). That's a fair bit of hassle
and you have to repeat it for every market you wish to sell it
license-free.

And yes, I too am annoyed and disillusioned with pre-mature product
announcements. Lack of experience, flaky suppliers or not, the easiest way
to avoid the problem is to *not* announce it until you have actual
firm commitments, or product in hand. There's also nothing wrong with
focusing on one product and getting it out the door on time, instead of
trying to release several at once and having them all delayed.

ian
Daemon is offline Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 22, 2009, 08:01 PM
United States, AK, Wasilla
Joined Nov 2001
661 Posts
What he said..................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon
Just keeping the power output down doesn't eliminate the requirement to
be a HAM. The only way to handle that (at least in the US, and most likely
much the same elsewhere) is to get an FCC ID (or equiv) and license it as a
Part 15 compliant device (like a cordless phone). That's a fair bit of hassle
and you have to repeat it for every market you wish to sell it
license-free.

And yes, I too am annoyed and disillusioned with pre-mature product
announcements. Lack of experience, flaky suppliers or not, the easiest way
to avoid the problem is to *not* announce it until you have actual
firm commitments, or product in hand. There's also nothing wrong with
focusing on one product and getting it out the door on time, instead of
trying to release several at once and having them all delayed.

ian
hobbyboy is offline Find More Posts by hobbyboy