SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 22, 2010, 03:51 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaloca View Post
Sorry for my unknowledge about GPS positioning sattelites, is different behavior at catching sattelites from different parts of the world ??
Maybe it's impression , but at USA my car GPS gets ready for riding faster them here in Brazil.

Will wait till my brain get's cold and get back tomorrow to my jorney into the Immersion products. FatShark 10+ points / 500Mw TX plus Fatshark , just for fun , not serious FPV , EZOSD till now only disappointment .

FRED
Well, you seem to be arriving at that conclusion quite quickly. In our experience 95% of all issues is due to the user installing the EzOSD too close to the Vtx. Please start with posting some photos. Also your Vtx, where is it located, if close to the GPS, that's your problem, they need to be at least 10 inches/25 cm apart (minimum!). Most people put the EzOSD in the nose and the Vtx in the back of the tail, or in the tip of the wing with excellent results.

Cheers,

Sander.
ssassen is offline Find More Posts by ssassen
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old May 22, 2010, 09:04 PM
Delray Beach
Joined Aug 2004
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssassen View Post
Well, you seem to be arriving at that conclusion quite quickly. In our experience 95% of all issues is due to the user installing the EzOSD too close to the Vtx. Please start with posting some photos. Also your Vtx, where is it located, if close to the GPS, that's your problem, they need to be at least 10 inches/25 cm apart (minimum!). Most people put the EzOSD in the nose and the Vtx in the back of the tail, or in the tip of the wing with excellent results.

Cheers,

Sander.
Tks.
Will do an extension to the back.
As all modelers I don't quit easy .
I actually didn't conclude that the system don't work , but by itself making an extension already makes it an non plug and play as it should be , as we don't have enough wire to do that...anyway tomorrow willl try it again and post pictures / results .

Tks
FRED
asaloca is offline Find More Posts by asaloca
Old May 22, 2010, 10:26 PM
N00b
Boise
Joined Mar 2009
974 Posts
I agree it is lame we are provided with 6 inches of cable and told to space 10 inches apart =), and the solution from the manufacturer , cut solder and shrink rap using servo wire as extension, won't even point us to create the cables ourselves
dr_patso is offline Find More Posts by dr_patso
Old May 22, 2010, 11:51 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_patso View Post
I agree it is lame we are provided with 6 inches of cable and told to space 10 inches apart =), and the solution from the manufacturer , cut solder and shrink rap using servo wire as extension, won't even point us to create the cables ourselves
No, no, no .... pay attention! >10 inches between Vtx and EzOSD, *not* >10 inches between EzOSD and its GPS.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old May 23, 2010, 11:03 AM
germany - nds
Joined May 2009
115 Posts
@ssassen

yeahh :-))

well done now.The Fix comes very fast.

i have this settings in the gps:

GLL [0] RMC [1] VTG [0]
GSA [5] GSV [0] GGA [1]
ZDA [0] MCHDN [0]

Fix update rate [1]
Baudrate [38400]
RTCM baudrate [9600]
DGPS [Disable]

- With the V1.06 on the OSD.Can i use it or must i use the V1.8 beta ?
- Where i can see wich Updaterate i have ? Is this Parameter GSA ? I cant see something about 10 HZ ...

olli
fuzna is offline Find More Posts by fuzna
Last edited by fuzna; May 23, 2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old May 23, 2010, 01:17 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzna View Post
@ssassen

yeahh :-))

well done now.The Fix comes very fast.

i have this settings in the gps:

GLL [0] RMC [1] VTG [0]
GSA [5] GSV [0] GGA [1]
ZDA [0] MCHDN [0]

Fix update rate [1]
Baudrate [38400]
RTCM baudrate [9600]
DGPS [Disable]

- With the V1.06 on the OSD.Can i use it or must i use the V1.8 beta ?
- Where i can see wich Updaterate i have ? Is this Parameter GSA ? I cant see something about 10 HZ ...

olli
Great!

You have to use v1.06 firmware. The v1.08 beta (that's why it *is* called a beta) apparantly isn't working with every LS20031 yet, just the few we have bought from various sources.

The EzOSD will set 10Hz mode on startup, no need to set it via the GPS itself.

Cheers,

Sander.
Old May 26, 2010, 09:57 AM
Germany
Joined May 2010
52 Posts
EZ Antenna Tracker

Hello all,
my name is Timo and Im new here on this board. I have an issue with my EZ Tiny Telemetry and the EZ Antenna Tracker. As long as I connect them directly together with an wire (audio channel) i get 100% good packages. This means the 2 boards seems to be working. But when I use the video tx to transmit the audio, I only get a few good packages. Even when I adjust the incoming Volume of the EZ Tracker with the onboard Volume adjust screw, I only get about 1 Good Package and 150 Bad Packages which is less then 1%.
I have already recognized that the audio level of my transmitter is very high. So I already tried different Resistors in the audio line between the Tiny Telemetry and the Tx. When I used my headphone on the second audio out of my Receiver, the audio was clearly muted then before. But nevertheless still under 1% Good Packages.
Now finally I think the problem is the cheap Transmitter. Can anybody confirm this or have some other helpful hints that would be appreciated.

My Transmitter is from the Company FOX Model 800a. The Distributer is IneSun here is a link to it:

http://www.inesun.com/Brand-New-1.2G...8CH--1946.html

Hope that anyone could help me.

Regards
Timo
Cularis is offline Find More Posts by Cularis
Old May 27, 2010, 07:53 AM
wep
https://vimeo.com/wep800
Joined Dec 2006
220 Posts
Hey Sander,

As we talked about on the phone here an ezOSD question:

I want to mix 2 OSDs.(EPI-OSD and EZosd)

Since I will do a lot of hovering (MK will move sideways and backwards) the ez-osd home pointer will not point in the correct direction.
As we discussed, it will point in the right direction only if you move FORWARD. (like all planes)

The Epi-OSD shows me a real heading(kompass) and always a correct pointer to home position.
For this I would like to use the EPI-OSD.
This osd show me also some more thing directly related to the MK outputs.

But.... I also "need" the EZosd because I would like to see the RSSI signal etc for the EZuhf.

So the question is, can I turn off all indications exepts the RSSI info?
Or even better, can I choose WHAT to see and where to put it on the screen?

I bet that you want to leave the layout the way it is since that is sort the strength of you OSD but on the other hand; a choice of what and where seems even better.

Or is it not as simple as it sounds?"

I hope this will work
wep is offline Find More Posts by wep
Old May 28, 2010, 12:16 PM
Stupid gravity!
Trinity, FL
Joined Jul 1999
1,516 Posts
After a long hiatus from the EZOSD (other projects on the bench), I finally did some flying again with it. I can't believe how good this OSD is. Sat lock in under a minute. Consistent data throughout the flight. Crystal clear fonts. Wow! Sander you really outdid yourself with this OSD!
docphi is online now Find More Posts by docphi
Old May 28, 2010, 02:32 PM
Joined Nov 2001
1,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cularis View Post
Hello all,
my name is Timo and Im new here on this board. I have an issue with my EZ Tiny Telemetry and the EZ Antenna Tracker. As long as I connect them directly together with an wire (audio channel) i get 100% good packages. This means the 2 boards seems to be working. But when I use the video tx to transmit the audio, I only get a few good packages. Even when I adjust the incoming Volume of the EZ Tracker with the onboard Volume adjust screw, I only get about 1 Good Package and 150 Bad Packages which is less then 1%.
I have already recognized that the audio level of my transmitter is very high. So I already tried different Resistors in the audio line between the Tiny Telemetry and the Tx. When I used my headphone on the second audio out of my Receiver, the audio was clearly muted then before. But nevertheless still under 1% Good Packages.
Now finally I think the problem is the cheap Transmitter. Can anybody confirm this or have some other helpful hints that would be appreciated.

My Transmitter is from the Company FOX Model 800a. The Distributer is IneSun here is a link to it:

http://www.inesun.com/Brand-New-1.2G...8CH--1946.html

Hope that anyone could help me.

Regards
Timo
Dear Timo , is very difficult to know what's wrong but I advise you to see my discussion:
http://nghobbies.com/forum/index.php?topic=26.0
again special thanks to my Capt Zoltan

Other people have solved the problem this way. But I hope that t has made the connections correctly

bye
massimo is offline Find More Posts by massimo
Old May 28, 2010, 02:44 PM
Suspended Account
Netherlands, NH, Edam
Joined Jul 2004
5,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by docphi View Post
After a long hiatus from the EZOSD (other projects on the bench), I finally did some flying again with it. I can't believe how good this OSD is. Sat lock in under a minute. Consistent data throughout the flight. Crystal clear fonts. Wow! Sander you really outdid yourself with this OSD!
Much appreciated!

Cheers,

Sander.
Old May 28, 2010, 04:40 PM
Germany
Joined May 2010
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post
Dear Timo , is very difficult to know what's wrong but I advise you to see my discussion:

Other people have solved the problem this way. But I hope that t has made the connections correctly

bye

Ok thank you very much for your answer. Im at work right now and arrive home the earliest Monday morning. As soon as Im at home Ill try it. Keep you informed.

Thank you again
Old May 30, 2010, 10:28 AM
germany - nds
Joined May 2009
115 Posts
@ssassen

i have a ezosd from first generation, i think...

two questions about the current-sensor:

1. can i see wich version i have ?
2. can i changed the old current-sensor to a 100A version without other hardware modifikation ?

olli
fuzna is offline Find More Posts by fuzna
Old May 30, 2010, 05:34 PM
wep
https://vimeo.com/wep800
Joined Dec 2006
220 Posts
Sander or other tracker experts:

I can build myself the "housing" for the tracker but I just am not experienced in servo's at all. I just read the whole thread (a lot of information) but the conclusion is not that I perfectly well know what servo's to pick.

For tilt: 90degrees is enough and needs to be strong (enough)
This one is the easy one I think?
this one for example:??
http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-645...ra_torque.html

For PAN:
Can somebody give me an final advice here what to buy?

I just lost track in the thread what is the most obvious/best to buy for this.
I understand a 360 degrees is of course a minimum but I just can't find a good strong servo that does the 360.

This one I found here in the thread:
http://www.servocity.com/html/hs-785...rotations.html

Do I need this one? Is it nice to have it turn 3,5 times?
Do I need ratio gears with this?

Just lost it here..... help...:-)

Thanksssss....
wep is offline Find More Posts by wep
Old May 31, 2010, 02:45 AM
Germany
Joined May 2010
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimo View Post

bye
Hello Massimo,
I tried by today and set the TinyTelemtry to fast as described by Capt. Zoltan. But unfortunately no good results at all. Now I have 1 Good Package after 2000 Bad Packages. Things getting even worse. If anybody could confirm that the system is compatible with the Lawmate 1.3 GHz with 500mW Transmitter, then I would order it immediately. I think my problem is my bad Transmitter...