Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 25, 2008, 05:59 PM
Canada
Joined Apr 2007
92 Posts
Discussion
Modeltech Super Cub Gen-II Glow/EP 40 ARF

The Modeltech Super Cub looks to be a very nice scale plane. I have not seen any posts, pictures, or videos about it. Please post your impressions about this plane.

Here is the link...

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/123667.asp

Thanks!

FlyingBeaver
FlyingBeaver is offline Find More Posts by FlyingBeaver
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2008, 10:05 PM
North by Northwest
Joined Nov 2003
2,422 Posts
O.K. here's my 2 cents worth----It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I believe it is definitely lacking in scale detail, and also maybe gereral outline. The pic's dont show it for sure, but it looks like it has the J-3 rudder shape. It has no skylight in the cabin top, no jury struts, no flaps, and probably no balancers on the elevators. I can't tell about the forward cabin braces just behind the windshield. On a Super Cub, they should be in a "V" shape. It also has no air inlets in the front of the cowl.

The model could be a good flyer, although the wing loading is a bit high for my taste, though not too bad.

AmpAce
AmpAce is offline Find More Posts by AmpAce
Old Nov 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
Canada
Joined Apr 2007
92 Posts
AmpAce-

I appreciate your comments on the Super Cub. I did notice that the model was lacking some scale details. I was just surprised that nobody has posted about this model. From looking at the instructions it seems they have added flaps and air inlets in the cowl.

I guess you can't get everything unless you kit build... I was looking forward to building an Adrian Page 80 Cub, but he seems to have stopped production.

I was impressed by the 80" Hangar 9 J-3. Hangar 9 did have a Super Cub out a few years ago. I wish they would make a new electric version.
Old Jun 05, 2009, 07:28 PM
Joined Sep 2007
150 Posts
I just ordered the super sub ,any one have one?
RU4GOD2falcon is offline Find More Posts by RU4GOD2falcon
Old Dec 01, 2009, 11:19 PM
United States, MD, Cumberland
Joined May 2006
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingBeaver View Post
The Modeltech Super Cub looks to be a very nice scale plane. I have not seen any posts, pictures, or videos about it. Please post your impressions about this plane.

Here is the link...

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/123667.asp

Thanks!

FlyingBeaver
here you go here is a video i just found.
R/C SUPER-CUB Rev1 (3 min 33 sec)

i just ordered the super cub also i'll be using a OS FS-91S II 13x8 APC
Mr.FlyBye is offline Find More Posts by Mr.FlyBye
Old Feb 03, 2010, 06:29 PM
Canada
Joined Apr 2007
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.FlyBye View Post
here you go here is a video i just found. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_kvrc59xy8
i just ordered the super cub also i'll be using a OS FS-91S II 13x8 APC
Thanks for the reply!

I think I'm going to detail a Hobbyzone Super Cub for bush flying (tundra tires).

Have fun with your new Cub!

FlyingBeaver