HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2009, 07:46 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55
Yes...for how long? A minute? I like don's motors...these are comparable, but wound less hot, because the plane cannot carry the additional battery weight needed for even more power, without suffering consequences. Those consequences will be a very deadly stall, and broken retracts. It was NOT meant to carry around the weight of a 1000 watt setup, period. It will become a dart, a brick, and beleive me, it can bite you.
Look...you can do what you want with modifications, but this was not just some random cheap components thrown in the plane....we are not freakin' Banana Hobbies, who will sell you any junk they can.(that thing is a park flyer at best, people are going to freak when they actually get them, but BH does not have any anyway), but the most effective system for this plane, will still keeping within design parameters. The retracts work great, the handling is great, the structrual strenght is great...add another battery, add more weight, and everything changes. A second battery, for example, is over 25% gross overweight for this airplane.. With foamie EDF models, light weight is the key.
Just sounds like a saleman pitch to me for his stock setup. Do not worry yourself about posting his comments as you did nothing wrong, just reported back what you were told. I do disagree with what he says, my video prooves how well it does fly on my setup at 700 watts with two 3S2200 lipos. Oh well.

Don
The Don is online now Find More Posts by The Don
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2009, 07:52 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,004 Posts
Thanks, feel better... I don't like conflicts esp. ones that I started
What did you think about my post on cking your impellar??
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old Jan 04, 2009, 07:57 AM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,426 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
Good question actually! No adverse yaw issues at all. I was thinking the long nose would cause troubles or the distance of the nacelles, but I was never hitting rudder on the stick when flying nor thought it needed one.

Don
Sweet. Mine is going to be a long project. It's getting a full lighting system, retacts and a pair of your wicked 4000 on 4s. I may as well go ballistic as what I really intend for this airframe is to blast up to altitude, do a circuit or two along with a couple of fast flybys and come in for a hot landing. If I get 3-4 minutes of flight time that will be just fine. If I want longer flights, I can pull one of the other dozen jets and play to my heart's content. This one is going to look the part, make a bit of noise and haul buttski during a few short flybys. This is for foamy EDF shock factor, nothing more.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Jan 04, 2009, 07:58 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman55
What did you think about my post on cking your impellar??
I have a few things I am going to check. I may have a bad lipo which is what I am suspecting. But I plan on checking the battery connections on my Y harness as well. I do not think it would be a rotor issue as I run the lipos on a Y harness, so the motors see the two lipos as one big battery, not two seperate batteries as I do not feed each fan seperately. So the imbalance has to come between the lipos and the ESC connection.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2009, 07:59 AM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe 1320
Sweet. Mine is going to be a long project. It's getting a full lighting system, retacts and a pair of your wicked 4000 on 4s. I may as well go ballistic as what I really intend for this airframe is to blast up to altitude, do a circuit or two along with a couple of fast flybys and come in for a hot landing. If I get 3-4 minutes of flight time that will be just fine. If I want longer flights, I can pull one of the other dozen jets and play to my heart's content. This one is going to look the part, make a bit of noise and haul buttski during a few short flybys. This is for foamy EDF shock factor, nothing more.
Well be sure to post photos!

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2009, 08:06 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,426 Posts
Quote:
Well be sure to post photos!

Don
You got it Don. The afterburner lights and strobes will really make this bird complete. Maybe not 100% scale, but the end result should be "wow".
Old Jan 04, 2009, 08:07 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,426 Posts
Quote:
I have a few things I am going to check. I may have a bad lipo which is what I am suspecting. But I plan on checking the battery connections on my Y harness as well. I do not think it would be a rotor issue as I run the lipos on a Y harness, so the motors see the two lipos as one big battery, not two seperate batteries as I do not feed each fan seperately. So the imbalance has to come between the lipos and the ESC connection.

Don
The same thing happened on my twin 75mm F-22. I ended up having a faulty solder joint in one of the connectors that was intermittant. Sometimes it made contact, other times it would cut out. It took a bit to trace it as it never seemed to act up while I was searching.
Old Jan 04, 2009, 08:08 AM
powder springs georgia
Joined Nov 2003
2,004 Posts
Quote:

Don
Thought were running each seperate,, oh well... guess I am striking out good today.......
Joe.. keep us informed, sounds good. I want one but I have bought so many lately that my budget is getting overspent.
I am still playing with my griphen form starmax with dons 4800 motor. Love the sound of that baby .. I took off the wheels and hand launch.Also extended the rudder about 1 inch. Going to try some knife edges.
I love the way this plane can just hover to the ground. Freaks people out.
sanman55 is offline Find More Posts by sanman55
Old Jan 04, 2009, 02:37 PM
EDF rules... :)
Joined Nov 1999
13,583 Posts
Easytiger(Curtis) was banned a long time ago from this forum(RCG) for his penchant for arguing. I know he was at Wattflyer forum but I do not know if had changed his modus operandi.

Eric B.
AirX is offline Find More Posts by AirX
Old Jan 05, 2009, 10:11 AM
Joined Feb 2006
7,426 Posts
deleted
Last edited by Joe 1320; Aug 06, 2011 at 10:01 AM.
Old Jan 06, 2009, 11:36 PM
speedin n da weeds :)
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
Would a twin sf fan setup on 4s1p be lighter, 3300mah battery from say a f-16 set up?
Better yet witch fan is better?
sikky is offline Find More Posts by sikky
Last edited by sikky; Jan 08, 2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2009, 08:37 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,066 Posts
Twin SF on 4S should be better than what I have, I am at 700 watts, the setup you mention will be 950 or so.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 08, 2009, 10:25 PM
Joined Feb 2006
7,426 Posts
I really happen to like the SF/Wattage fans with the 6 blade impeller clipped to 3 blades.
Old Jan 09, 2009, 04:56 PM
Wonderfully Wicked
Willoughby, Ohio
Joined Jan 2002
13,066 Posts
For the price they are a good little fan. $13 get you a pair of them. I think they are a great bang for the buck.

Don
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2009, 12:33 AM
speedin n da weeds :)
USA, AZ, Glendale
Joined Feb 2008
595 Posts
In that plane what do you think? I'm also looking at a edo f-15 with twin sf fan good??
sikky is offline Find More Posts by sikky