HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 24, 2008, 03:52 PM
Geezer
Rickochet's Avatar
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Rave
Order From Hobby King (Hobby City)

I haven't ordered anything from HK in a bit but I did recently and wanted to let everyone how it went since I see a lot of pro and con threads about them.

First, I have never had a problem with an order from them. I placed an order late Friday Nov. 14. Not a huge order, mainly a motor, servos and a bunch of small parts. I paid with Paypal and everthing is immediately put in reserved. I check my account and everything is shipped on Tues. the 18th shipped airmail.
Sat. the 22nd I checked tracking and it has left the USPS facility in NY. Mon. the 24th and it is on my porch in KY. All contents are there. So basically that is ten days including two weekends. Not bad if you ask me.

Nice job Hobby King.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2008, 09:49 AM
Registered User
Dennis Everett's Avatar
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,586 Posts
Ill agree with what was said above , one order i made on a mon , got here on thurs. , now thats fast !, One issue i do have is , i bought a 4400 4 cell 15 - 20 c lipo , should be good for 66 amps or more , im using it at 47 amps max , after less than 10 flights it has no power , they said send it back , im not too comfortable with sending a known bad lipo on a plane (its that lipo turning into a bomb thing ) so i have a 60 plus dollar paper weight , i know people could claim bad batts to get a free one if not sent back , but........................this isnt the case , also why spend money (shipping it back) on a battery that isnt so good..Dennis
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 06, 2008, 09:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
92 Posts
I have only orderd 1000MAH 11.1v lipos ($$10) and they have all worked great for me...
timscool2008 is offline Find More Posts by timscool2008
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2008, 06:19 AM
Geezer
Rickochet's Avatar
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Everett
Ill agree with what was said above , one order i made on a mon , got here on thurs. , now thats fast !, One issue i do have is , i bought a 4400 4 cell 15 - 20 c lipo , should be good for 66 amps or more , im using it at 47 amps max , after less than 10 flights it has no power , they said send it back , im not too comfortable with sending a known bad lipo on a plane (its that lipo turning into a bomb thing ) so i have a 60 plus dollar paper weight , i know people could claim bad batts to get a free one if not sent back , but........................this isnt the case , also why spend money (shipping it back) on a battery that isnt so good..Dennis
I have never had an issue from HK. I have read some posts that trying to return something to them is a PITA. I just order small stuff like motors, servos and parts and if something is bad I will just write it off.

I wouldn't be concerned about sending a bad battery back. It may be a good idea to totally discharge it first. Attach a couple of leads to an 12v automotive light bulb and run the battery flat. If there is no ignition source the pack is basically inert.
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2008, 09:35 AM
In NY's beautifull hills
staggerwing's Avatar
Binghamton Broome Cty, New York, United States
Joined Jun 2004
1,126 Posts
Comment & question

It's been awhile for me also but just ordered 12 micro servos & they made it in a week w/ very reasonable ship $.

Question--how do you tell which items are in US warehouse ??


Thks
staggerwing is offline Find More Posts by staggerwing
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2008, 09:40 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickochet
...it has left the USPS facility in NY.
I was under the impression thier USA warehouse was in Ohio.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 07, 2008, 10:58 AM
Geezer
Rickochet's Avatar
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore
I was under the impression thier USA warehouse was in Ohio.
I think it is. The shipment I referred to was from HK's asian warehouse and must have entered the US at Jamaica, NY according to tracking.

Rick
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 07, 2008, 11:03 AM
Geezer
Rickochet's Avatar
Central Kentucky
Joined Oct 2006
3,535 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerwing
It's been awhile for me also but just ordered 12 micro servos & they made it in a week w/ very reasonable ship $.

Question--how do you tell which items are in US warehouse ??

Thks
I think you have to put them in your shopping cart individually and check shipping options. If you get a UPS option it is in Ohio. I don't know what they do if some items are in Ohio and some in Asia.

Rick
Rickochet is offline Find More Posts by Rickochet
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rant Excessive emails from Hobby City/Hobby King no stick Vendor Talk 9 Nov 04, 2008 10:52 PM
Discussion Has anyone received their order from Hobby City Yet learninginverted Mini Helis 21 Jun 23, 2008 03:10 PM
Discussion First Order From Hobby City Shipped Today Sir Raleigh HobbyKing 11 Jun 23, 2008 02:51 PM
Anyone ever order from hobby people? jondaviskorn Vendor Talk 17 Jul 11, 2005 08:59 PM
Question Anyone order from Hobby-Warehouse.com? Picoflyer Vendor Talk 0 Sep 11, 2004 10:27 PM