HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 16, 2008, 02:30 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,071 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzymarkus
Those towerpro50- 5g'ers dont fit the fiberglass frames incase anyone was wondering -- dont think you can file enough of the fame away to make them fit without compromising the integrity oif the fame. Back to the drawing board there.
Photo to follow just to prove you wrong
MikeHRC is offline Find More Posts by MikeHRC
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2008, 07:06 AM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
You mean like this ....
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...873905&page=11

sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 16, 2008, 07:07 AM
Team Mulikow 3D ---- :0)
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
Howdy AMP,

thanks for the congrats. Lol on the build duration -- you should see the pile of frames and parts here hehehehe---I am also trying to populate 10,000 parts for a site I am trying to get going. All manufacturers parts in one place (28 manufacturers :0) My problem is I have too many birds that need attention and I get to messing with one one night and another another night vurtually gettin nothing done. I bought a bunch of used birds that wernt right to begin with. Oh well it is winter.

I am struggleing with servos now for the silver frame -- the tp50's are too tall to fit 2, and I took it(silver frame @ 90% lol) apart to use the cirrus 101std that I bought for it on the stock frame you see. So not a total loss at $60 for 3 :0)

With 7 foot ceilings and a 8 x 8 space with lots in the way, I decided to let it alone for now and there no way I am going to piro it down here rof -- but yes I did get the tail straightened out with the gaui hub, between the elcheapo gyro(esky i think) and the fat hub was my problem. It now sports an align gyro and the travel is alot better with quick snaps. The motor isnt gonna 3d lol but I think its ok for now. I got tons to try here when it gets to that point but I really want that silver frame running. The flight above are only 3rd and 4th flights lol first 2 was to chase out the tail wag ;0) Im just glad I have it going finally.

Mike photo please lol I can slide one in and try to put the other on top where it belongs-- to widen the top the frame support will be in the way and to lower them would cut out the small part of the frame that connects. A pic would be great,
Markus
dizzymarkus is offline Find More Posts by dizzymarkus
Old Dec 16, 2008, 07:09 AM
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
sidneyw---
did you have to file the frame to get em to fit ?

Markus

EDIT ---- I see you did cut the connector right out -- no side effects from this have you seen yet?
Old Dec 16, 2008, 07:22 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,071 Posts
I just opened up the holes slightly a nd rubbed down the sides of the servos (on sand-paper) slightly - very tight, but a go-er.

Mike.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 07:28 AM
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
Well they fit great side to side lol but top to bottom I was nervous about dumping the connector from front to back of the frame -- it appears sidneyw has done it that way -- wanting to know the side effects of doing that ;0)

Thanks Mike,
Markus
Old Dec 16, 2008, 07:39 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,071 Posts
Quote:
Well they fit great side to side lol but top to bottom I was nervous about dumping the connector from front to back of the frame -- it appears sidneyw has done it that way -- wanting to know the side effects of doing that ;0)

Thanks Mike,
Markus
By sides, I meant top and bottom when mounted in the frame
Old Dec 16, 2008, 01:11 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,654 Posts
Quote:

Thanks Mike,
Markus
Over 100 flights since last June, still flies great. The servo can easily be part of the frame especially the wall thickness of the HXT500 for this size heli.

Side effect = outstanding
sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 17, 2008, 08:38 AM
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
orning fellas,

WHay ya all think of this little 5g motor @ 3700 KV ?

http://www.fmhobbies.com/shop/articl...0KV-Motor.html

Dunno where the heck to find a 1.5mm pinion lol

Markus
Old Dec 17, 2008, 08:49 AM
Team Mulikow
Canada, ON, Frontenac County
Joined Feb 2007
1,043 Posts
Hmmmm...looks promising!
mulikow is offline Find More Posts by mulikow
Old Dec 17, 2008, 09:19 AM
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
lol finding a 1.5mm .05 mod pinion might be a chore --its made for airplanes I am guessing with optional motor mounts and savers

Markus

24.99 includes shipping :0)
Last edited by dizzymarkus; Dec 17, 2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 05:11 AM
Team Mulikow
Joined Feb 2007
1,043 Posts
My parts finally came in for the ep200. Cant remember exactly what i did...I know i fiddled around with the delay but i got the gain down from 150 percent for the gyro to 35 percent. I still dont trust the stock gyro though. I got a deal on a used futaba 240 gyro...so ill install that when it comes in the mail. Other than that...im back up and flying.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 06:49 AM
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
Gain @ 150% lol Im down around 38 myself for the ff100 and seems to hold solid. Align 550x

I flew er arond a bit yesterday -- bummer forgot to top off batteries so after 2 mins they would peter out on me -- hoping the cx2 batteries are up to snuff as I have like 6 here :0) I can already tell I need to up the throttle curve -- about what are you guys running please. Currently I have:

0 - 20 - 60 - 90 - 100

With a pitch dump the tail kicks just a smidge -- but I can hear the motor rpms just arnt there.Thinking I will try 0-20-90-95-100.
Even in 2 minute sprits it was a riot to see that little thing hanging in mid air tooling around. On to the servo deal and the silver frame.

If I line everything up it appears the servo will rub the main gear with the towerpros or real real close to it. You guys that close? I dont have anyroom on top as the frame supprt tubes and screws are already topped right out, I must go downward. Just tuff to cut that frame I guess hehehehehe. Wish I could go up a bitmore :0)

Markus
Old Dec 18, 2008, 02:24 PM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
4,071 Posts
Markus,

I use a 0, 95, 95, 95, 100 throttle curve - it means that I won't lose too much headspeed doing stall turns etc.

Cheers,
Mike.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 07:44 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined Feb 2007
1,043 Posts
0, to 95???? thats a jump