HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 30, 2008, 08:59 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,079 Posts
They show the 200 in the index. Got mine from Hobbyking.
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2008, 03:24 PM
Lake Zurich, IL
Joined Jan 2008
5,653 Posts
Put on semi scale skid today.

sidneyw is offline Find More Posts by sidneyw
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:14 PM
Team Mulikow 3D ---- :0)
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
The used FF100 finally got here. It was packed very nicely and got here in one piece. I am hopeing to get enough time tonite to pop a reciever in and get it all trimmed out. It hasnt been my month lol too many projects and nothing gets done. Anywho heres some pics of what I got :
dizzymarkus is offline Find More Posts by dizzymarkus
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:45 PM
Australia...we live inverted.
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Looks good Dizzy,

One problem...I just scratched my laptop lcd with a small phillips trying to turn the struts the correct way!

Hopefully happy Ele100 flying!!

Amp
Ampdraw is offline Find More Posts by Ampdraw
Old Dec 03, 2008, 06:53 PM
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
lol on the newer fiber frame yeah I chuckled
I wondered who would be the first :0)

Markus
Old Dec 04, 2008, 07:47 AM
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
Howdy fellas,
Having a few issues I was hopeing someone could help me with.

When I recieved the ff100 it had a broken tail blade grip(missing completely) all that was there was was a single bearing and the blade grip bolt. I didnt have anyo f the original tail grips as he had on so I used a new hub and grips w/ slider on the old tail shaft. I am posting a few pics and a vid -- heres the deal:

In the video you can see I get a ton of pitch one way and none (almost 0) the other way. I am moving the linkage by hand so it isnt the atv's or anything to do with the servo. It appears like the slider arms that connect to the slider are to short. If I manually put the slider in the center, the blades are not at 0 pitch. It is very intrigueing to deal with this tail setup, my original problem with the frst was the tail hub :0( ANyhow heres some pics and vid -- hope I explained it clear enough so everyone understands what I mean.
----Im gonna post this in the other thread as well------
Thanks in advance for any insight,
Markus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuaVE2TtYkQ
Last edited by dizzymarkus; Dec 04, 2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old Dec 04, 2008, 09:42 AM
Team Mulikow 3D
Oxfordshire, UK
Joined Jan 2007
3,901 Posts
Markus,

I am at work at the moment so this is from memory, but I think that you have your tail blade holders back to front. Un-clip them, spin them 180 degrees and then re-attach, you will obviously need to turn the tail rotor blades around also. You will then have almost no movement in the other direction (but that's OK as the main rotor torque will turn it that way) and enough movement for good control when you want it.

I may be wrong though - I'll check when I get home.

Mike.
MikeHRC is online now Find More Posts by MikeHRC
Old Dec 04, 2008, 11:03 AM
road wart
United States, CT, Stonington
Joined Aug 2003
2,909 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHRC
Markus,

I am at work at the moment so this is from memory, but I think that you have your tail blade holders back to front. Un-clip them, spin them 180 degrees and then re-attach, you will obviously need to turn the tail rotor blades around also. You will then have almost no movement in the other direction (but that's OK as the main rotor torque will turn it that way) and enough movement for good control when you want it.

I may be wrong though - I'll check when I get home.

Mike.
Or the link from the slider to the tail grips is the wrong one or length
racie34 is offline Find More Posts by racie34
Old Dec 04, 2008, 02:16 PM
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
thanks Mike -- that was a thought but it didnt look like the sliders would align -- will look more into it tonite.

Racie
please see above pic -- the slider is center yet look at the pitch of the tail blades :0)

Markus
Old Dec 04, 2008, 03:17 PM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Dizzy,
That is set up correctly. Both the tail grips and main grips are lead control configuration.
The slider will never sit in the centre of the shaft. In your third pic fo example you can see in this position if you rotated the slider it would make contact or be very close to the bell crank mount. Turn the slider and move it till it makes contact and thats just too much travel in that direction. Obviously when the brass sleeve inner part hits the tail hub is full in the other direction- thats your range of travel and it uses only the furthest half of the shaft from the tail case.

When the slider moves towards the end of the shaft that is nose left control which is assisted by torque so you dont need much wheras slider closer to tailcase is opposing torque so more req'd.

Also the retaining nut should be flush with the end of the thread (loktight) with the hub hard against it for reasonable throw.

Another thing I noticed is that tail has one of the old hubs like you were having troubles with a while ago. The diameter is about double the newer ones which is really going to effect how much throw you get in the outward (nose left) direction but torque is this direction so may be ok

Make sure you set your endpoints so the slider cant catch the crank mount at full range.

On another note I have removed the top pulley entirely after the lip wore off b4 first flight in testing and caused the belt to flip down the side.

Amp

Edit Looking at your vid it looks as though your blades are backwards wheras in the pics it is definately set up correctly (hard to tell in the vid though)
Last edited by Ampdraw; Dec 04, 2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old Dec 04, 2008, 03:44 PM
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
Thanks for the input AMP-- I am just gettinin and shower dinner stuff -- then I will get to messing with it again.

Spooling up tells me I am not getting enough pitch outward (nose left) on the shaft. If i just touch the tail controls (nose right) it circles -- I can stop it from circling but have no authority the other way other than stopping the circle. The pics and vid are of the same. I will try to do some clearer tonite. I have been totally fed up -- the tail was the problem I had on the original ff100 and the hub set screw not grabbing. It may also be the el cheapo esky gyro on board also -- I have an align 550x Ill try tonite also.

Thanks fellas,
Markus

SIDE NOTE:
It has the ELE esc init and has brake on :0( rather a soft brake but none the less lol -- where did ya find the proper esc settings AMP ?
Last edited by dizzymarkus; Dec 04, 2008 at 03:57 PM. Reason: added pics
Old Dec 04, 2008, 04:12 PM
Joined May 2008
5,409 Posts
Sent the Manual to your hotmail account on your RCG blog.

Think that hub may be too fat limiting travel. Could dremel off the inner side to allow the slider to move further or get a Gaui one or the newer ele one. See my previous pic and the dia of the Gaui hub. Gaui one will work with those grips.

Amp
Old Dec 04, 2008, 04:37 PM
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
Thanks bud -- was just mentioned in another thread also :0) -- why the heck would they sell them as replacements then? DUH rof I compared the two -- the newer one I bought and this one and be darned if I can tell the diff -- shaft same length and diameter etc. Off to order the ep100 hub :0)

Markus
Old Dec 07, 2008, 07:48 AM
Oswego, NY
Joined Sep 2007
2,053 Posts
Wow my parts are in NYC already from HK -- in 3 days wooo whoo should be to me by wednesday

Markus

I have gottent he old hub to work with the new grips -- just havent had time with xmas shopping thisd weekend to get at it. I went and got something I been wanting for some time -- quite pricy for a light but heres the before and after photos ith and without the maglight.

Markus