|Nov 23, 2008, 05:49 AM|
After the successful test flight, it was time for the finishing touches.
The remnants of the original paint were removed with methylated spirits, creases and joins filled with Red Devil lightweight filler, then a new coat of paint applied to replicate the colours of Francis "Gabby" Gabreski's P47 "HV-A".
No one seems to know exactly how the Gabby P47 was finished, so I chose a version that looked good for orientation - invasion stripes on the lower half only.
I found an article that quoted Gabreski stating that his planes were painted in RAF colours applied in the "German way".
So I used the following colours (all Tamiya spray cans):
I am indebted to Cuban08 (Sam) for sending me his decal files.
ImagesView all Images in thread
|Nov 23, 2008, 09:21 PM|
Thanks F-86 - as I said in the first repair post - there is a twist to the tail and the P47 bit the dust again (my fault this time, and the reason why I now avoid hand launches ). I'm toying with the idea of Silkspan after the success I had on my GWS 190 - just a bit concerned about the weight. I'll add to the saga in the near future.