HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by wellcraft, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 03:38 AM
Suspended Account
Malabar, FL
Joined Nov 2008
34 Posts
Trader Rating: 2
Sold
Hangar 9 Sundowner new in box ARF

I've got a really big sundowner that's new in box ARF, I'll never build or fly it so I'd like to sell it. The only way this can be shipped affordably and safely is greyhound so you'll need to find a station near you and pick it up. I'll double box it and pay the shipping. $340.00. Not a scratch on it, still in sealed bags.
Just too big for me.
wellcraft is offline Find More Posts by wellcraft
Last edited by wellcraft; Nov 23, 2008 at 03:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2008, 12:51 PM
I'm a registered user!!!
Joined Feb 2008
518 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
pics?
*314*john*314* is offline Find More Posts by *314*john*314*
Old Nov 23, 2008, 03:40 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Sent you a PM a while ago. Let me know how it looks to you.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Nov 23, 2008, 03:49 PM
Suspended Account
Malabar, FL
Joined Nov 2008
34 Posts
$340 is firm. Pics available online, new in box is nothing more to see than new in box, sealed bags. Have some faith, we're all in the hobby.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 04:36 PM
I'm a registered user!!!
Joined Feb 2008
518 Posts
we all may be in the hobby, but we dont know if you are
all we want is proof, people dont want to be screwed over, especialy during the holidays
Old Nov 23, 2008, 04:43 PM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,041 Posts
Trader Rating: 37
Just replied by PM. I'll take it. I'd appreciate it just like John said for a verification of the box would be great.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Nov 23, 2008, 04:57 PM
Love is like Pi: Irrational
USA, ND, Grand Forks
Joined Jan 2005
2,159 Posts
Trader Rating: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft
$340 is firm. Pics available online, new in box is nothing more to see than new in box, sealed bags. Have some faith, we're all in the hobby.
I have faith in most people.
But I hope you understand, that such a statement comes off as being quite fishy/iffy.

Ron
ronmeister is offline Find More Posts by ronmeister
Old Nov 23, 2008, 06:53 PM
EA OUTLAWS
Polk City Florida
Joined Jun 2008
491 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Especially from someone who just joined and has a 0 trader rating and this being one of there first post
EAO HarleyMan is offline Find More Posts by EAO HarleyMan
Old Nov 23, 2008, 09:11 PM
Suspended Account
Malabar, FL
Joined Nov 2008
34 Posts
I understand. I've been in the hobby 35 years. We built this RC camaraderie on mutual trust, patience, and welcoming new people to it. Back in the days of classifieds in RC magazines in the 1970s, we did deals through US mail, and often cash in an envelope. I'll comply with the current trend, and in my initiation I suppose here tonight, with visual proof. Technology is nifty, but I didn't know I had to provide pictures for defending my character as a fellow modeler, how can new be not new? Sorry if my comment offended anyone. I'm direct to the point, but I respect your requests. I'd like to be given a break and come aboard. Sorry this is my first transaction here. We all started here with zero at one time I presume?

I can ship same day funds arrive, greyhound gets it there safe. I'll pack it as if I'm receiving it, and double box it, and insure it. I'll take a check or money order. I'll provide any information the buyer requests privately, AMA#, drivers license, whatever. I've also lived here since 1977.

It's a pleasure to write to you all.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 09:23 PM
I'm a registered user!!!
Joined Feb 2008
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcraft
I understand. I've been in the hobby 35 years. We built this RC camaraderie on mutual trust, patience, and welcoming new people to it. Back in the days of classifieds in RC magazines in the 1970s, we did deals through US mail, and often cash in an envelope. I'll comply with the current trend, and in my initiation I suppose here tonight, with visual proof. Technology is nifty, but I didn't know I had to provide pictures for defending my character as a fellow modeler, how can new be not new? Sorry if my comment offended anyone. I'm direct to the point, but I respect your requests. I'd like to be given a break and come aboard. Sorry this is my first transaction here. We all started here with zero at one time I presume?

I can ship same day funds arrive, greyhound gets it there safe. I'll pack it as if I'm receiving it, and double box it, and insure it. I'll take a check or money order. I'll provide any information the buyer requests privately, AMA#, drivers license, whatever. I've also lived here since 1977.

It's a pleasure to write to you all.
thansk for the pics, but thats just the thing.
how could we know if you have been a modeler of 35 years? we knew nothing about you till you explained and proved us something

will you do trades?
Old Nov 23, 2008, 10:16 PM
Suspended Account
Malabar, FL
Joined Nov 2008
34 Posts
Thank you. Sid3ways said he'll take it, I'm waiting for his reply.

I'm building an old shoo-fli bipe from Pica right now, I'm in the home stretch, just at the covering and finishing steps.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 11:10 PM
Lower, Lower
Penticton,BC, Canada
Joined Feb 2004
1,423 Posts
Trader Rating: 287
wellcraft;

Welcome.
bc-slowflyer is offline Find More Posts by bc-slowflyer
Old Nov 23, 2008, 11:48 PM
AMA 910957
United States, WA, Hoodsport
Joined Mar 2008
5,230 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
Wellcraft,

Please don’t take offense at being asked to show what you are offering for sale.

As you point out, the way of doing business has changed for our hobby. Consider how easy it is to get going in R/C these days. The availability of ARFs has fast-forwarded R/C into buy it Saturday afternoon and “fly” (more like “try”) it Sunday morning. It is not necessarily the case that one is dealing with someone that has poured their talent and time into this hobby.

I learned that a new co-worker has been into R/C for a while and had several aircraft. I had the current copy of Model Aviation on hand and asked him if he had read it yet. He responded that he did not belong to AMA. I told him that the insurance was worth the price of membership alone. He told me that he had a better “insurance” plan. If he could flee the scene of the accident, he would do just that. In a thread here on this forum, a modeler asked about placement of AMA membership number display on his aircraft. A few modelers made the point that they did not display identification on their aircraft as to leave no trace, therefore no reliability.

These are the times, sir. The right thing to do is now considered noble and beyond.

You may feel that your character was called into question, but please understand that this mode of selling is very flat, one dimensional. I peruse this area of the forum often, and pictures are the norm, even for never opened shrunk-wrapped packages.

Pictures are proof, and proof (or the illusion of…) is the new handshake.

EJWash
EJWash1 is offline Find More Posts by EJWash1
Old Nov 24, 2008, 07:42 AM
EA OUTLAWS
Polk City Florida
Joined Jun 2008
491 Posts
Trader Rating: 48
Hi Wellcraft I by no means was trying to call your character into question, its just that there are so many people pulling scams these days its hard to know who to trust and who not to. I remember the days when a mans word was all you needed but not so much these days. If I affended you it was not intentional I apologize. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words.Welcome to the forums and good luck on the sale of your Sundowner.

Jerry
EAO HarleyMan is offline Find More Posts by EAO HarleyMan
Old Nov 24, 2008, 01:25 PM
Bloomington, MN
Joined Jan 2007
149 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
I think asking for pictures of a NIB item is somewhat less than useful. If someone can explain to my why photos that could be found anywhere on the Internet are useful to show either ownership or intention, I would like to hear them.

To me, photos are useful for showing the condition of an item. NIB items have a known condition. Personally, I would be reluctant to unpackage a NIB item solely to take photos of it. At that point, the item is no longer NIB.

Photos are great, but let's be realistic. If a person was out to scam someone, photos themselves do absolutely nothing to prevent that. There is no protection that a photo of an item alone provides.
Mike Larson is offline Find More Posts by Mike Larson
Closed Thread