Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 05, 2001, 04:29 PM
Aloha, Oregon USA
Joined Jan 2001
6 Posts
Dreaming about R/C Flying...

Do you folks ever dream about flying R/C's?

Last night I had a dream (nightmare?) that I was flying an electric twin similar to the "Sportwin" shown in the July issue of S&E Modeler. I pulled the plane into a loop close to the ground but appearently didn't have enough power/speed to get more than vertical where it stalled. Without sufficient altitude I was only able to get it leveled out before it slid into the ground breaking off both motor nacelles at the wing (OUCH). Fortunately, I woke up before I had to let my wife know about the wreck and subsequent expenses!

I guess if I could confine all my crashes to the R.E.M. realm, It'd be OK, but it doesn't always work out that way!

Am I the only one who dreams about flying?

And how come I don't dream about something cool like winning a contest or something? Perhaps it was prophetic and I shouldn't build the "Sportwin" (as if I need another project anyway ;-))
R. Linscheid is offline Find More Posts by R. Linscheid
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 07, 2001, 02:20 PM
Mie oo Karjala poikii
Ruokolahti, Finland
Joined Apr 2001
704 Posts
I've had nightmares now and then, usually after an unsuccessful flying session. I live the desperate moments of my crashes again and wake up being sweaty and horrified...

It's funny that I've never have had a pleasant dream about this hobby, it has always been a nightmare...

-=Mike=-
Tyson is offline Find More Posts by Tyson
Old Jun 07, 2001, 03:18 PM
heli on the brain
Apple Valley/Victorville, Ca
Joined Apr 2001
544 Posts
...i never actually dream about flying itself, but when i work on a project for too long during the day/night i will have dreams where i just continuously measure and re-measure which ever model ill be working on. I dunno why , but when this happens i know im burnin my r/c wick a bit too fast!

DeZ
dezflyer is offline Find More Posts by dezflyer
Old Jun 07, 2001, 03:30 PM
oakdale, ny, usa
Joined Aug 2000
3,985 Posts
Hey Fellas....I think dezflyer said it best: "You might be burning that RC wick a bit too fast"

Maybe is time to take a step back,deep breath and look at what is important in life.

A while back I was heavy into R/C fast ellectric boats. One day I came back from the pond, put everuthing back on the shelves and never touched the boats again.

I think it was a mental safety valve i was staying up late to work on the boats and stuff...It started to not be fun.

Planes (so far) have a healthier aproach for me. Maybe I just learned something.
poobs is offline Find More Posts by poobs
Old Jun 07, 2001, 11:44 PM
HobbyKing
Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong
Joined Apr 2001
4,455 Posts
Hey R. Linschied, as soon as I graduate (on the 16th) and get some free time we'll have to get together and do some flying. Where do you fly again, was it the OGI field?
Paul Susbauer is online now Find More Posts by Paul Susbauer
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 08, 2001, 12:10 AM
Ste-Therese, Qc, Canada
Joined Mar 2001
69 Posts
I seldom dream about R/C and when I dream about it, nothing seem to work right and the airplane never leave the ground. I don't worry much about because other dreams follow the same pattern: if I dream of ski, I never leave the chairlift, if I take the bus, I never ride on the right route, if I drive... well, you get the pattern I have more chances of dreaming about R/C (or any other subjects) if I experienced a strong emotion while doing R/C (crash!). I had some successful R/C dreams after a crash!
Spiff is offline Find More Posts by Spiff
Old Jun 08, 2001, 02:17 AM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,488 Posts
I dream of large hamsters......

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Jun 08, 2001, 02:38 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,473 Posts
Do they have their own parachutes, Tim?

Leccy
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Jun 08, 2001, 05:52 PM
Isle of Wight, UK
Joined Jun 2001
212 Posts
I don't think I've dreamt about flying, but my little boy, who's three and a half, said he'd been dreaming about Fokker monoplanes the other morning, and we just have a Pico Stick!
alterego is offline Find More Posts by alterego
Old Jun 08, 2001, 06:22 PM
What's a Member??
Sydney,Australia
Joined Mar 2000
632 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tim hooper:
I dream of large hamsters......

tim
Anybody seen 'The Nutty Professer II:The Klumps'?? Hehehe
Recently I just had a weird dream which had nothing to do with planes. Suddenly a plane just kinda flashes infront of me and that was it?? I dunno, but seems kinda weird to me
Alex

Regecide is offline Find More Posts by Regecide
Old Jun 08, 2001, 08:19 PM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts

Tim, in my dreams, your large hamsters are piloting my models poorly, make them stop...

Looee
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!
Old Jun 09, 2001, 12:19 AM
SF Bay Area, California, USA
Joined May 2001
383 Posts
I had a dream once when everybody I know were into RC airplanes, and the sky was filled with many of them. It was a happy dream.
rcastab is offline Find More Posts by rcastab