HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:11 AM
Joined Sep 2007
15 Posts
Discussion
Banana Hobby P-51 w/2.4 GHz Tx/Rx

Howdy Folks,

I just advance ordered the "BlitzRC" P-51 mustang from Banana Hobby. The RTF package includes a 2.4 GHz Tx/Rx set-up. Is this the same plane as the Art-Tech P-51 only with a different (hopefully better) radio ? Or could it be a Walkera model I seem to remember finding on the internet somewhere ? I expect to actually see it here in Cincy in a couple of weeks. It looks mighty nice in the pictures and seems to fly very well in Pete's video. Not a speed demon but quite agile. Let me know what y'all think...

Cincinnati Slim
cypherpix is offline Find More Posts by cypherpix
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:21 AM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,811 Posts
link us so we can see what you are talking about thanks
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Nov 19, 2008, 02:57 PM
The building never ends!
Tucson, AZ
Joined Oct 2008
1,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cypherpix
Howdy Folks,

I just advance ordered the "BlitzRC" P-51 mustang from Banana Hobby. The RTF package includes a 2.4 GHz Tx/Rx set-up. Is this the same plane as the Art-Tech P-51 only with a different (hopefully better) radio ? Or could it be a Walkera model I seem to remember finding on the internet somewhere ? I expect to actually see it here in Cincy in a couple of weeks. It looks mighty nice in the pictures and seems to fly very well in Pete's video. Not a speed demon but quite agile. Let me know what y'all think...

Cincinnati Slim
It is, essentially, an Art-Tech P-51D with a pilot, a steerable tailwheel, and some new paint and decals. Along with a bigger LiPo, and a more beefy ESC (25A instead of 18A.)

Which means that yes, it's not very fast, but it should be very agile.
Quote:
Originally Posted by papabatman
link us so we can see what you are talking about thanks
http://www.bananahobby.com/1786.html
Ensign Jimmy is offline Find More Posts by Ensign Jimmy
Old Nov 19, 2008, 03:14 PM
Shut up and fly
United States, CO, Firestone
Joined Jun 2008
10,811 Posts
nice. don't have one, but it is on the list. heard great things about this plane
papabatman is offline Find More Posts by papabatman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: fun with a parkzone
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:07 PM
Yea..When mowers fly!
The White House?
Joined Apr 2008
1,574 Posts
Cypher,
Check this out.....

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=956345

Just a lil price comparison.......
Jay-viator is offline Find More Posts by Jay-viator
Last edited by Jay-viator; Nov 20, 2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 04:25 PM
Joined Sep 2007
15 Posts
BlitzRC works stuff for cheap...

Interesting but...

With the pre-order discount and the 1800 vs 1300 size battery I'll still go with doing business with Pete at Banana Hobby. The prices are tempting but I don't know...I'll let some other folks order stuff from this place and see what happens. I'm not giving my credit card number to some Chinese wholesale outfit and waiting to see what happens! I'm pretty confident I'll have a plane here in Cincy sometime after thanksgiving and if there is a problem or a question I can pick up the phone and call the vendor and have a conversation in regular English. (Or at least a Southern California dialect thereof...)

I have to admit, the desert camo version of the Mirage 2000 looks awfully tempting...

http://www.lisahobby.com/index.php?t...product_id=198

But I'll wait until I get my Mustang and either learn to fly and/or crash it first.

If nothing else I'll still have a 2.4 GHz TX/RX and extra battery !

Cheers,
Old Nov 24, 2008, 05:17 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Sorry about the late chime in here guys! I have been really busy! Thank you for the support and you will really enjoy the P-51. To address the other website offering the P-51, they are in direct violation. Banana Hobby has the rights and exclusive ownership of this P-51. We have contacted the manufacturer and they will take care of this. That website basically stole our descriptions and photos. They are located in Indonesia. I believe they do not even have this in stock. I decided to make this version of the P-51 with the manufacturer and we are suppose to be the only company whom carries them.

I appreciate your support and I will continue to work hard to make sure I back my products 100% with customer and product support!

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Nov 26, 2008, 09:18 AM
Joined Sep 2007
15 Posts
It's on it's way !

Got the e-mail from BananaHobby and followed the UPS link...

The 2.4 GHz P-51 "Stang is on it's way to me and should be here in Cincinnati by the middle of next week. Really looking forward to getting it and will report as things develop.

http://www.bananahobby.com/1786.html

Since this appears to be an upgrade of the Art-Tech P-51 does any body have any suggeations for cost-effective battery/charger combos ?

It ships with a 1800mah 11.1 Volt Li-Po Battery pack.

Probably want a couple of spares an maybe a better charger pretty soon...

Cheers,

Cincinnati Slim
Old Nov 26, 2008, 09:57 AM
Checking CG is for NERDS!
Joined Jun 2005
5,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
Sorry about the late chime in here guys! I have been really busy! Thank you for the support and you will really enjoy the P-51. To address the other website offering the P-51, they are in direct violation. Banana Hobby has the rights and exclusive ownership of this P-51. We have contacted the manufacturer and they will take care of this. That website basically stole our descriptions and photos. They are located in Indonesia. I believe they do not even have this in stock. I decided to make this version of the P-51 with the manufacturer and we are suppose to be the only company whom carries them.

I appreciate your support and I will continue to work hard to make sure I back my products 100% with customer and product support!

Pete
Pete, it sounds like you're in a never ending battle with these fly by night places...
Smokescreen38 is offline Find More Posts by Smokescreen38
Old Nov 26, 2008, 04:32 PM
United States, CA
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen38
Pete, it sounds like you're in a never ending battle with these fly by night places...

With the supplier of this particular P-51, we know for a fact that none are being sold to any other retailers. The vendor in question here in the above post, they do not have them in stock nor will they have them in stock. It is a false ad and we have contacted the proper people to have it removed. They were trying to direct ship the P-51's from our manufacturer to a buyer. The whole ad on that site is a direct copy and paste of our description.

Ya we don't anticipate getting a handle on this "exclusive" issue anytime soon. We are dealing with it as it comes. We are doing our best.
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby