HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 01, 2001, 12:28 AM
Ft.Collins Colorado U.S.A.
Joined Jul 2001
33 Posts
A glider for a beginner

Hi! I was just curious what would be a good glider for a beginner that will be doing hand launches(so probilly an electric glider)
And i will need a plane that is pretty small,
maybe 1-2Meters, and something not to hard to build.
Yoda Dog is offline Find More Posts by Yoda Dog
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 01, 2001, 03:27 AM
Atlanta, GA
Joined May 2000
602 Posts
If you're looking for a powered glider to use as a primary trainer, i'd look into Darwin garrison's Push-E-cat, because it's made of EPP foam and uses a fairly standard S400 system. http://www.rc-aero.com .

I myself have not flown the push-e-cat myself, so you might do a search on ezone and read up on it.

I actually taught myself on a DAW S1-26 EPP foam glider, launching off a light hi-start. Also a very nice first glider/plane; just don't expect to contest performance out of it. Pretty darn near indestructible -- EPP is definitely the way to go!

G'luck.
Lee

[This message has been edited by chlee (edited 08-01-2001).]
chlee is offline Find More Posts by chlee
Old Aug 01, 2001, 10:09 AM
slope'n the Colombian Andes
Colombia, Antioquia, Girardota
Joined Mar 2001
4,700 Posts
Do check out the Just from ES Composites (http://escomposites.com). It's hand-launch glider sized, and it flies as good as it packs small. See my "Just" shredding air post earlier in this forum.

Dieter
ShredAir is offline Find More Posts by ShredAir