HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2003, 06:03 AM
Joined Nov 2001
1,099 Posts
someone has used this micro wireless cam with Piccolo or Hornet?????

Hi to all my friend

someone has used this microcam wireless with the Piccolo or MS Hornet?

Which it is the video quality of them?real range??

I would want to buy also this monitor,2"TFT audio+video . You what thoughts of this?
massimo is online now Find More Posts by massimo
Last edited by massimo; Feb 25, 2003 at 06:41 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2003, 06:44 AM
Joined Nov 2001
1,099 Posts
sorry
pic microcam wireless & Monitor TFT 2"

Thanks To all
Old Feb 25, 2003, 06:45 AM
Joined Nov 2001
1,099 Posts
Monitor TFT 2"
Old Feb 25, 2003, 09:09 AM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2003
119 Posts
Wah so coincidence, I just check it out at an electronic shop right here in Singapore, going for S$135.00 per set. INclude the camera( w built in tx ) and wireless single ch rx. Cheers
daddyhobby is offline Find More Posts by daddyhobby
Old Feb 25, 2003, 03:14 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2002
748 Posts
That electronics shop doesn't have a web site does it ?? It would be good to see any links you may have to sites supplying that sort of gear. I'm aware of the rccam and black widow systems.

Thanks, Ingmar.
imeins is offline Find More Posts by imeins
Old Feb 26, 2003, 07:52 AM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2003
119 Posts
Arrh, I don remember tat shop having a web site. Its near my work place, the next time I pop over will check out w the owner. Cheers
Old Feb 26, 2003, 03:53 PM
Australia
Joined Nov 2002
748 Posts
Is it PAL ? I can't recall what you normally use over there. Alternatively.. since it's on your way to work.. If they perform well would you consider sending one to Australia for a suitable bribe (er I mean handling charge!) ? Maybe just the name and address of the shop would do me.

Do they have the camera and rx available as seperate items ?

Just a thought.

Ingmar
Old Feb 26, 2003, 04:14 PM
Joined Nov 2001
1,099 Posts
Hi to all my friends

I have send you microcam link in private msg.

Best Regards

Massimo
Old Feb 26, 2003, 07:59 PM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2003
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by imeins
Is it PAL ? I can't recall what you normally use over there. Alternatively.. since it's on your way to work.. If they perform well would you consider sending one to Australia for a suitable bribe (er I mean handling charge!) ? Maybe just the name and address of the shop would do me.

Just a thought.

Ingmar

OK I'll get you the shop name. In the event u need to get one, just let me know, no need handling charge... Just pay wat is required, in case i need something over yr side in future. hee hee
Old Feb 26, 2003, 09:15 PM
It's a really big number.
Brisbane Intl, Australia
Joined Jan 2001
1,315 Posts
imeins,

Look up www.oatleyelectronics.com.au

I have a ccd 'sugar cube' camera + 2.4ghz Full colour+stereo TX / RX combo from them to fit on my s400 planes - cost AU$195, and took about 2 hours to assemble. For the TV I used a $120 LCD telly from a pawn brokers that I can clip onto my TX arial.

You have to stick some extra bits (about $1 from Dick Smith) on to get TX / Cam to work correctly, and the markings on the boards are incorrect, but they work FANTASTIC once you get them together, no RF noise or saturation on radio RX at all in both PCM and PPM.

When I have the time (and it stops raining up here) I'll send it up to capture some footage and post it somewhere.

They have several TX units - the most micro TX they sell is VERY small and light (1.0cm x 1.0cm x 1.2cm), but doesn't have the signal quality (less internal sheilding) of the bigger unit (same size as matchbox, but 1/2 as thick). I don't think it has audio either.

Each gets about 100m. You can use a 90 deg directional antenna made from pringles tube on RX and get over 500m. On the open ground, I can get 80m on standard arials.

I don't know how much it weighs, but I have it a guess its about 40 - 50g with TINY battery pack. Not too heavy, just would make your hornet less zippy. I have been thinking of trying it on mine

-Tim
Googleplex is offline Find More Posts by Googleplex
Old Feb 27, 2003, 10:55 AM
Joined Aug 2002
7 Posts
Build your own "cantenna" for 2.4Ghz

http://www.turnpoint.net/wireless/cantennahowto.html
DarkWing is offline Find More Posts by DarkWing
Old Mar 03, 2003, 11:05 PM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2003
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by imeins

Just a thought.

Ingmar
Hi Ingmar, heres the address

Continental Electronic Enterprise
10, Jalan Besar #B1-25 Sim Lim Tower
Singapore 208787

Tel: 65 62934674
Fax: 65 62972613
email: continental@pacific.net.sg

They don have any website tho.

Cheers
Old Mar 04, 2003, 06:27 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2002
748 Posts
Thanks for the address. I'll send them an email to check it out.

Ingmar
Old Mar 04, 2003, 06:41 PM
Joined Oct 2002
349 Posts
daddyhobby
i'm from singapore too!
i thought singapore has restrictions on people buying small camera in case some people use it to spy?
i'm not sure...
can the camera be configured to connect to a larger screen?
Glenn Cain is offline Find More Posts by Glenn Cain
Old Mar 05, 2003, 02:28 AM
Singapore
Joined Feb 2003
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Glenn Cain
daddyhobby
i'm from singapore too!
i thought singapore has restrictions on people buying small camera in case some people use it to spy?
i'm not sure...
can the camera be configured to connect to a larger screen?
Hi Glenn, yeah yeah, don know for wat reason they enforce this restriction...?? In fact most shop selling the wireless spy cam put up big sign "FOR EXPORT ONLY" I spoken to the shop owner and he mentioned he sold several hundred set already. The usual saying, do it smartly and don get caught..heee hee

As long as you link your TV to the receiver, there is should not be any restriction to the size of screen.

Cheers

Mike