HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:00 PM
Joined Nov 2008
12 Posts
Discussion
Horror Story about Banana Hobby

Guys this is a heads up to this company who has clearly ripped me off! I'm sure of it because all they do is hide in the virtual world and refuse to answer any email questions a customer has about his order status.

Here is my email that I have sent to Banana Hobby. I emailed you three times about my order and I have yet to get any response from you. Maybe I can get one through your sponsored page since users read it. I bet I can! Here is my email to your lousy company! My order # is yhst-39858413893234-31729.

Banana Hobby,

This is now my third email to your lousy customer service department. I order this on the 10th of November and still I have yet to receive any email from you which I have checked to ensure I had entered my email correctly.

Where the (bleep) is my order? I will put your (bleep) company on blast at www.rcgroups.com which is where you post if I don't get a (bleep) response from your (bleep) company. Either refund my $304.80 to my card or send me my (bleep) item. Does this get the (bleep) message across to you?

Now I'm in business for myself, I own a 80,000 square foot warehouse and I have two daily pickups with UPS and FedEx. And I know when the tracking # 1ZX388V40393854798 says billing information received, all it means is that you printed out a (bleep) label and haven't sent the item out for shipment. Now my brother works in the BBB and this will surely not go unnoticed unless you do something about it.

BTW, this was a birthday gift which I don't have for tomorrow now and I ordered it 7 days ago when it said in stock.

Hope you guys read this post. Word of the wise, I wouldn't recommend anyone to this site/company and I will be posting on every forum I can find where they post and advertise via a simple Google search. BTW, this is still unresolved, I still haven't gotten a response from them, and they still have my money.

Rich
RVB80 is offline Find More Posts by RVB80
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:11 PM
Suspended Account
FREE Gene!!! Get Banned!!!
Joined Jun 2005
1,679 Posts
Sorry for you bud..........However this rant doesn't belong here in EDF. Better to post in the "Vendor" forum.

-Mike Warren
Speed is Life is offline Find More Posts by Speed is Life
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:12 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
2 things:

1. Why is this post here and not in the Vendors forum.
2. Did you try a phone call?

Anyone who's been in RC for enough time has had an order go bad. In all but one case was the issue not resolved in a good way...

I have also ordered from a few vendors here that never send a confirmation email, but past experience of delivery has me ordered from them again.

Bob
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:22 PM
Joined Nov 2008
12 Posts
Bob, Mike,

Yes I know this rant doesn't belong in this forum but I noticed more people view this section of the site and I wanted more people to notice what is going on. Especially considering this is suppose to be a place of business. It's all about business ethics and these clearly don't have any and clearly don't deserve to be in business selling anything.

Best regards,
Rich
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:23 PM
GRX
gettin on the banned wagon
Joined Jun 2008
601 Posts
You only ordered it on the 10th, last monday, if the order wasnt processed until tuesday then its only been four days, geeze gimmie a break! How was it supposed to be shipped? Ground? Where do you live?
GRX is offline Find More Posts by GRX
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:30 PM
Joined Nov 2008
12 Posts
I ordered it yes on Monday and order was processed on Tuesday. I live in Northern California and I order everything online. It only takes 1 day from the time UPS gets the shipment which is why I only use UPS and only pay for ground everytime. But my rant is not about the delay. I understand transit times is completely out of there control. Also, according to UPS, only billing information has been received. This means UPS doesn't even have the shipment yet. So why do they say that they have shipped it by printing out a label to have a tracking number in the order status section, but the tracking # hasn't been picked up yet. My rant is about the fact that I have emailed them 3 times asking about my order, my status, or even just a reply and have yet to receive any response from them.
Last edited by RVB80; Nov 17, 2008 at 10:39 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:35 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,862 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB80
Yes I know this rant doesn't belong in this forum
You already posted a complaint in the proper forum:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=955226

Give them a call and discuss your concern, it's much better then going off on a rant. The world is not perfect.

Bob
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:40 PM
Joined Nov 2008
12 Posts
Bob,

When I called them, they just put me on hold for so long that I just hung up.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:50 PM
GRX
Joined Jun 2008
601 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVB80
Guys this is a heads up to this company who has clearly ripped me off! I'm sure of it because all they do is hide in the virtual world and refuse to answer any email questions a customer has about his order status.

Here is my email that I have sent to Banana Hobby. I emailed you three times about my order and I have yet to get any response from you. Maybe I can get one through your sponsored page since users read it. I bet I can! Here is my email to your lousy company! My order # is yhst-39858413893234-31729.

Banana Hobby,

This is now my third email to your lousy customer service department. I order this on the 10th of November and still I have yet to receive any email from you which I have checked to ensure I had entered my email correctly.

Where the (bleep) is my order? I will put your (bleep) company on blast at www.rcgroups.com which is where you post if I don't get a (bleep) response from your (bleep) company. Either refund my $304.80 to my card or send me my (bleep) item. Does this get the (bleep) message across to you?

Now I'm in business for myself, I own a 80,000 square foot warehouse and I have two daily pickups with UPS and FedEx. And I know when the tracking # 1ZX388V40393854798 says billing information received, all it means is that you printed out a (bleep) label and haven't sent the item out for shipment. Now my brother works in the BBB and this will surely not go unnoticed unless you do something about it.

BTW, this was a birthday gift which I don't have for tomorrow now and I ordered it 7 days ago when it said in stock.

Hope you guys read this post. Word of the wise, I wouldn't recommend anyone to this site/company and I will be posting on every forum I can find where they post and advertise via a simple Google search. BTW, this is still unresolved, I still haven't gotten a response from them, and they still have my money.

Rich
I hate to tell you this but your looking like a fool, you ordered it 5 business days ago, and you've already emailed them three times cursing them out and posted that they have "clearly ripped you off" If your new to the hobby, as you stated in another thread, then you really need to cool your heels. Crap happens, UPS loses a package, bannana guys dog died, who knows, most of these vendors arent big comapnies but rather small shops run by a few people who dont have 80000000 square foot warehouses, I think your jumping the gun a little and just need to chill out. I ordered something from a much larger vendor last week also and the UPS tracking number they gave me doesnt show as valid, yet, guess how many bleepidy bleepin emails I have sent them so far, ZERO.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:51 PM
Suspended Account
FREE Gene!!! Get Banned!!!
Joined Jun 2005
1,679 Posts
Rich,
So, you are irritated at the perceived customer service issues with Bananna. This is not the place for your issues.

Your attempt to "educate" or "inform" all of us is not warranted in this specific forum. You will not gain many adherants as a new poster with a personal vendetta aired in public.

I would strongly suggest that you close this thread and delete your posts

-Mike
Speed is Life is offline Find More Posts by Speed is Life
Old Nov 17, 2008, 10:54 PM
GRX
Joined Jun 2008
601 Posts
Also since they are located in LA did you consider that half of LA county is on fire right now? Maybe the UPS guy couldnt get the big brown truck through the flames to get you your palne in time for you birthday? After a little research it appears as thogh Banana Hobbies is located right in the SAYRE fire are where close to 10000 acres are on fire and only 40% contained, also the fire has increased in size 572% in the last 24 hours

Go here and click number 2 then compare that to this link and zoom out.

Fire Information Report for Sayre
Wildland Fire Incident
Report Date: 17-NOV-08
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Burnt Area: 10,077 Acres (572% increase from yesterday)
Cause: Under Investigation
Incident Team Type: IMT Type D
Team Leader: West, Lane, Tripp
Containment Status: 40% contained)
Expected Containment: Unknown
Fuels: Fuel Models, 4 and 5. Extreme 3557344.00 3171COMM
Last edited by GRX; Nov 17, 2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 11:01 PM
Joined Nov 2008
12 Posts
Hi Mike,

Because I respect what you have said, I will close the post. Thanks so much for the advice! I deal with clients in the 10K - 100K range and if I treated my customers by not answering their emails or phone calls I would be out of business. I guess because of the clients I deal with on a daily basis, it has made me picky about this aspect of business.

Also guys, I understand the transit times. This is not my issue. My issue is that I can't get any reply from them whatsoever. I understand things happen, but I at least deserve the respect as a customer to receive an email letting me know. This is all I want.

Best regards,
Rich
Closed Thread