SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by shanesmadhouse, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 17, 2008, 04:40 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
684 Posts
Gallery
Plane in the Hanger.

Another from Shanes Hanger. This one was saved from the terrible Ebay at a very great price. When it came home it was not looking good for restoration but we have the time and know how. I think it looks good. Have started to convert to electric. From a SIG Cessna Skylane 60 size to what she is now. Just waiting on the engine and wondering if I will keep her at all as its just too large for me. Any takers? This plane serial number is VH- KLS, the wifes initials, just to get her involved. Next civi plane will have the kids initials when one comes into the hanger. Will fly on either S5 lipo or 21.6 V NiMh 4000mAh with a 12 inch prop if my calculations are correct. AUW planned is just over 6 lb.
Shane
shanesmadhouse is offline Find More Posts by shanesmadhouse
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Just some of the hanger.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2008, 04:52 PM
Landin' On The Canopy BAD
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
was that Cessna an ARF or kit build? can you post a link to where I would get one? Love your design, Im waitin' till after Christmas to get my stuff
F-86FLIER4LIFE is online now Find More Posts by F-86FLIER4LIFE
Old Nov 22, 2008, 01:20 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
684 Posts
Saber Jock,
Well unfortunatly I would not even start at guessing where to purchase one. It was brought on Ebay from a guy who was just about to travel around Australia so he had to get rid of him other babies. Also got an VMAR F4U 60 size and another plane all fro $50. A good deal and am very happy with.
The plane itself is a SIG Skylane 182, originally to be fitted with a 60 size motor but just changing to electric.
Thanks for the compliment on the design, watching the wife scrap book does pay off every once in awhile. The rego number is the wifes initials, trying her to change her mind on getting rid of it once its finished. All three planes were brought to fix then get rid of.
Like you always waiting to see what Santa brings but I am moving over xmas so it might not be all that nice.
Cheers Shane
PS yes I love the F-86 also.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2008, 01:37 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
684 Posts
Cessna

Saber Jock,
Well unfortunatly I would not even start at guessing where to purchase one. It was brought on Ebay from a guy who was just about to travel around Australia so he had to get rid of him other babies. Also got an VMAR F4U 60 size and another plane all fro $50. A good deal and am very happy with.
The plane itself is a SIG Skylane 182, originally to be fitted with a 60 size motor but just changing to electric.
Thanks for the compliment on the design, watching the wife scrap book does pay off every once in awhile. The rego number is the wifes initials, trying her to change her mind on getting rid of it once its finished. All three planes were brought to fix then get rid of.
Like you always waiting to see what Santa brings but I am moving over xmas so it might not be all that nice.
Cheers Shane
PS yes I love the F-86 also.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:35 AM
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
Lol I do love the F-86 a bunch, best jet to ever be on the American Force. Whenever you might be selling it with the E-conversion, I would be interested. My Cessna in my hangar (if you could call it a Cessna ) Has well... Seen better days. Great job and can't wait for the completed project
Old Nov 24, 2008, 02:17 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
684 Posts
The cessna as you can seee is one large plane? Will be o hold for a month due to moving and waiting to find a suitable motor/ esc combo. Will post the end result and flight test. Will keep you in mind, where you live?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 24, 2008, 03:07 PM
Lee's Summit, MO
Joined Jan 2008
1,481 Posts
Well... A long way away from you the Kansas City, Missouri area.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 10:13 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
684 Posts
Getting closer to finishing.

Cessna now has an motor so just fitting it finally. Should be in the air by the weekend is here, Love public holidays to dinker with the planes.
Cheers Shane
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2010, 06:23 AM
If it flies, I crash it!
USA, NH, Londonderry
Joined Nov 2006
912 Posts
Your daughter

Did you ever notice that your daughter put her sneakers(shoes) on backwards?
dlazarus6660 is offline Find More Posts by dlazarus6660
Old Apr 25, 2010, 02:19 AM
Buildings what I enjoy.
Australia, QLD, Witheren
Joined Nov 2007
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlazarus6660 View Post
Did you ever notice that your daughter put her sneakers(shoes) on backwards?

Well there you go, After looking at these pictures numerous times I never noticed. She still has a very bad habit of doing that.
I will tell her that she is a wally for doing that.
Cheers Shane
RCG Plus Member