HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2009, 09:53 AM
USA, OH, cambridge
Joined Sep 2001
1,003 Posts
Doug,
Thanks for the shots, this is exactly what I had in mind. With the motors located in this area, space is limited. I used burgandy vinyl for my seats so the couch will follow the same color. The furniture should go together ok. I have some walnut and mahogany sheets to make them out of.
Frank
fgroza is offline Find More Posts by fgroza
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2009, 05:36 PM
New Jersey
Joined Jan 2008
304 Posts
Frank,
I made the whole stateroom removable as the gel cell and all the terminal blocks and esc's are under it. The motors are on the aft side of the bulkhead under the rear deck. The couch was carved out of balsa blocks as was the coffee table. As I said before nothing fancy just enough to give the impression. When the cabin is in place it is very effective. It depends how much time and effort you want to put to the project . Have fun with it.

Later

Doug
tinknocker is offline Find More Posts by tinknocker
Old Jul 02, 2009, 09:46 AM
USA, OH, cambridge
Joined Sep 2001
1,003 Posts
Latest photos. I did a burnished dash with J-Tec gauges. Made the controls out of leftover parts and some pins. Portholes are glued in ready for paint. I built a interior that uses magnets to hold it in place. Photos later.
Frank
Old Jul 05, 2009, 08:59 PM
USA, OH, cambridge
Joined Sep 2001
1,003 Posts
Started painting. Stateroom finished sans table junk- light,books, etc. Got my stuff from Mack Marine- lights, some machined fittings and other stuff.
Frank
Old Jul 05, 2009, 10:14 PM
Grumpa Tom
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
23,992 Posts
Instrument panel looks awesome!
Kmot is offline Find More Posts by Kmot
Old Jul 06, 2009, 01:12 AM
Monterey Bay California
Joined Feb 2004
14,157 Posts
Looking nice!
Aerominded is offline Find More Posts by Aerominded
Old Jul 06, 2009, 10:04 AM
USA, OH, cambridge
Joined Sep 2001
1,003 Posts
Thanks for the replies. The floor covering is from Hobby Lobby- craft store- it is a thin foam sheet available in several colors. Works well for carpet. The dash is scrap aluminum sheet and I used steel wool taped to a piece of dowel rod chucked in a drill to do the turning. Gauges are from J-Tek- airplane section of LHS. They are for 1/12'' scale- 5/32 and 1/4'' dia. They are available in many sizes.
Frank