HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2003, 06:29 PM
Wayne's World - Illinois
Joined May 2002
847 Posts
Mr Lin- a question of logivity...

I've heard of folks saying that the motors "only last so long, then they need to be replaced"...givin that this is happening under recommended battery power{no-one here wants more power do they?!} and not under hotter packs...just how long a life can one expect from GWS motors? I own the P-51d, an SS, and a J3 stick with two wing sets{biplane}...the mustang and SS are stock motors and gear drive, while the J3 bipe is an SS motor combo. I'd be curious as to the general life spans of these motors. A ballpark guess in hours of usage or even an exact guess or known number would be greatly appreciated.
I'm building about 4 whitefoam warbirds for this spring and could use a schedule for motor changing after so many hours of use.
-Thank you -Bob

PS-if your interested, the planes are as follows;
-He219
-Bf110
-gloster gladiator
-H22 Nomad
Scratchbuilder is offline Find More Posts by Scratchbuilder
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2003, 06:34 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,796 Posts
I still have an oringinal motor in a Lite Stick that is 3+ years old. It is even the wiper motor.
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk
Old Feb 24, 2003, 08:04 PM
Master ReKitter
San Diego,Ca, USA
Joined Aug 2000
2,756 Posts
I was seeing 30ish flights on my SS motor. By the 3rd motor I gave up and went with an AF 010 /Superbox. I also have a Mega 16/15/7 powered SS as well. Takes off like a scaled cat, but needs a lot of downthrust.
Anyone know where I can get an EPP funfly type wing for the SS?

I want a poor man's funflyer that can take a little abuse...
uglyplane is offline Find More Posts by uglyplane