HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 26, 2008, 04:55 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln
Only if you get the trim right. You only lose the good ones.
I have been treated with witnessing a free flight gone away.

This summer, at the Airport, "Pops" was flying his Sig. I told him that the thermal activity was high that day, and he needed to use some caution.

He launched downwind, and we saw the Sig climb and circle.
It kept climbing and circling to about 200 ft or so, then it was carried downwind with the thermal it was launched into.
We kept watching it climb and drift downwind for at least 5 minutes before we completely lost sight of it.

Pops found the plane later that day.
It was completely on the other side of the Airport just in front of a line of trees that boarded the closed down runway.
He got lucky twice that day.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 26, 2008, 01:52 PM
Pensacola, FL, USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw10
Thanks again for all the information. The ends of my fingers have letter indentations form all the typing.
Scott,
Hope you will bookmark this thread, and come back periodically telling us details of your experience in forming a group, and what planes the group actually bought.
Regards,
John255
John255 is offline Find More Posts by John255
Old Nov 26, 2008, 03:58 PM
Joined Aug 2007
50 Posts
I plan to and fortunately the winters here are short and it won't take long to get something going. I have already made contact with people in the scouts and will wait to see what they do.
scottw10 is offline Find More Posts by scottw10
Old Sep 03, 2009, 12:10 PM
Pensacola, FL, USA
Joined Dec 2000
3,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottw10
I hope this is the correct place to put this. Is there any sort of event where you use a 1.5 M airplane and use a zip start? I am wanting to get a group going that can use this type of event. It is perfect for small parks which we have a lot of. With the zip start everyone launches from the same point and the aircraft does not have to be expensive.
Scott,
Well about a year has passed since we had that lively discussion on mini-hi-start and I just wondering how it all turned out.

Did you get a group together, and what's going on?
Regards,
John255
John255 is offline Find More Posts by John255