Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 24, 2003, 04:45 PM
Boulder, Colorado
Joined Apr 2002
800 Posts
Terry Components Stock Weight?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the stock weights are for the following parts of a Graupner Terry. I have done some fiberglass enhancements and wanted to know what additional weight I have put on.

Wing with metal inserts:
Horizontal Stabilizer with metal insert:
Fuselage by itself:

Thanks,

David
Bigwave is offline Find More Posts by Bigwave
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2003, 12:21 PM
Stockholm, Sweden
Joined Jul 2002
1,249 Posts
The only part I can help you with is the wing. Itīs 88 g (3,1 oz) with metal parts and stickers.

Check my site for some tips about the Terry. I specially recommend my wing retainer reinforcement. I donīt think the wing bolt blocks will stain a wingtip-first landing without it. You will find this mod on page #3:
http://www.flyingmodels.org/projekt/...rry/Link_e.htm

My current set up is Mega 16/15/6 with 9x4,5 prop and 7 to 10 500AR cells. 7 cells gives god power climbs. 10 cells gives vertical performance! AUW is 575 g (20,3 oz). Next thing I will do to it is to remove al dihedral and add ailerons.

// Fredrik Wergeland
Sweden
www.flyingmodels.org
The Great Electric Motor Test
Fredrik W is offline Find More Posts by Fredrik W