SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:04 AM
United States, CA, Ridgecrest
Joined Aug 2007
518 Posts
I am in heaven now with the tank have all systems working well and will do some test firing to day for distance with the gun I will not do anymore upgrades to the gun until there is something out there that can beat it now the instruction manual stated the the gun in this tank came with a up grated gun.. O well now it is even more up grated. I will keep you posted on the results of the gun test today..
peskeybobcat is offline Find More Posts by peskeybobcat
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:33 AM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Were watching you Pesky!

How about some video of you testing??? You might have to buy another tank just to show us in detail, (pictures) your gun upgrades!

The Blitz
Blitzkrieg65 is offline Find More Posts by Blitzkrieg65
Old Nov 19, 2008, 07:18 PM
Joined Aug 2007
518 Posts
Had fun to day The gun worked flawlessly and so did the tank Took some photos of the tank but the photo of the gun is of another post in the forum best I could do seeing how I did not take photos of the gun upgrade.
I did put a washer on the plug the rubber plug seem to soften the blow of the sudden stop of the plunger inside the gun it sounds smooth and no signs of stress on the gun..
Last edited by peskeybobcat; Nov 19, 2008 at 07:29 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 09:25 PM
Joined Aug 2007
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg65
Were watching you Pesky!

How about some video of you testing??? You might have to buy another tank just to show us in detail, (pictures) your gun upgrades!

The Blitz
All in good time my friend. are you able to get Metal road wheels for 1/16 PANZER III and metal swing arms?
Last edited by peskeybobcat; Nov 19, 2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 11:30 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peskeybobcat
All in good time my friend. are you able to get Metal road wheels for 1/16 PANZER III and metal swing arms?
Yes i can get every part you need, metal road wheels with real rubber tires, top track ilders wheels metal and mounting bracket metal, shocks and swing arms metal, and even adjustiable rear idlers! Build instructions included!

The blitz
Old Nov 20, 2008, 11:53 AM
Joined Aug 2007
518 Posts
Quote:
Yes i can get every part you need, metal road wheels with real rubber tires, top track ilders wheels metal and mounting bracket metal, shocks and swing arms metal, and even adjustiable rear idlers! Build instructions included!

The blitz
Cool Blitz I have to wait until after the first of the year because things is titer now with X-mus and all.. Hey I will be driving by Escondido on my way down to my brothers house in Sandiego for Thanksgiving maybe I could stop by and see the Tank battlefield there? anyways I do plan to trick this thing out so you will be hearing from me on them parts. Hey I was thinking of making a steel bottom half of the tank or just order one if they make one?
Good luck with your X-Mus sales this year..
Old Nov 20, 2008, 03:15 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
Well I could not stand it anymore so into the airsoft gun I went...The components was not as complicated as I thought..Read the airsoft upgrade on the other site and I ended up putting a rubber spacer about a 1/2"long inside the plunger as to give the spring some more Giddy up.. It worked and worked good also I took note that there was no lube on the slide for the plunger so I used some white lithium grease and it seem to help I guess I should of took photo but I was having so much fun I forgot anyway The gun is killer now hits hard..

Pesky I saw that post, Brilliant let me know how that works for the long run!

We need to talk more on this PM sent! Also I have your parts coming in very pricey your wife may not want be inviting me over for dinner anytime soon but if you don't want them I am going to put them on my Stug III

The Blitz
Old Nov 20, 2008, 03:20 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
I am planning on having a little battle in Kit Carson Park on the Friday after Thanksgiving, will you be coming by then!>?
Old Nov 20, 2008, 03:32 PM
Joined Aug 2007
518 Posts
Upgraded parts

I have posted these parts so you can see what I am wanting to do but I must say it will be at small amounts because of the expensive pieces.
PM? I don't know what you mean buy that PM. I can not find the metal Idlers on my tank Can you show me a photo of what they was calling metal idlers
on the tank, because the order I placed did specify metal Idlers?
Thanks
Last edited by peskeybobcat; Nov 20, 2008 at 03:45 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 05:25 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
I have posted these parts so you can see what I am wanting to do but I must say it will be at small amounts because of the expensive pieces.
PM? I don't know what you mean buy that PM. I can not find the metal Idlers on my tank Can you show me a photo of what they was calling metal idlers
on the tank, because the order I placed did specify metal Idlers?
Thanks
I have all coming in but the 1st picture 4th picture, 6th & the 8th! Now the 1st, 4th and 8th picture are all part of the metal hull right, and you buy that all at once correct?? And I do not think that the metal hull is availiable yet???
Now the 6th picture is and item that adds no strucltural help, but I guess if you are going all out you want that too, but I did not order that it is hidden by the Drive sprocket anyway!

A PM is a Private Message ( Top Secret ) if you look at the top right corner under your name if should say Private Messages (1)

The Blitz
Old Nov 21, 2008, 11:52 AM
Joined Aug 2007
518 Posts
[QUOTE=Blitzkrieg65]I have all coming in but the 1st picture 4th picture, 6th & the 8th! Now the 1st, 4th and 8th picture are all part of the metal hull right, and you buy that all at once correct?? And I do not think that the metal hull is availiable yet???
Now the 6th picture is and item that adds no strucltural help, but I guess if you are going all out you want that too, but I did not order that it is hidden by the Drive sprocket anyway!

A PM is a Private Message ( Top Secret ) if you look at the top right corner under your name if should say Private Messages (1)

The Blitz[/QUOTE
I bet Blitz is seeing $$$$$ over the photos above Lol!!
In good time Blitz I will have the $$$$$ but not till after the Holidays... I must SAVE SAVE SAVE.....
Old Nov 21, 2008, 04:27 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
[QUOTE=peskeybobcat]
Quote:
I have all coming in but the 1st picture 4th picture, 6th & the 8th! Now the 1st, 4th and 8th picture are all part of the metal hull right, and you buy that all at once correct?? And I do not think that the metal hull is availiable yet???

The Blitz[/QUOTE
I bet Blitz is seeing $$$$$ over the photos above Lol!!
In good time Blitz I will have the $$$$$ but not till after the Holidays... I must SAVE SAVE SAVE.....
No problem and if I could get them at a great price I would see $$$ but really I would just break even, I am in this for fun, and to get a part cheaper here or there! I normally don't stock these but I like your enthusiasm you have brought to the hobby!

The Blitz
Old Nov 21, 2008, 07:22 PM
Joined Aug 2007
518 Posts
No problem Blitz Thanks for the kind words.. It really sucks being disabled I need to get a shed up so I can start working on a bench out in a shop but I am to disabled now I can not build it all by my self so I must pay some one to put it up for me and that will not be until next march anyway This tank hobby has been a joy for me because I can do it out side on the picnic bench I miss terribly building my airplanes but I will get back to it ASAP..
It has been cool meeting all you new tanker people and I will most likely will stay with the hobby and do airplane too.. My gun upgrade is simple and it is still working perfectly.
Old Nov 21, 2008, 07:58 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
No problem Blitz Thanks for the kind words.. It really sucks being disabled I need to get a shed up so I can start working on a bench out in a shop but I am to disabled now I can not build it all by my self so I must pay some one to put it up for me and that will not be until next march anyway This tank hobby has been a joy for me because I can do it out side on the picnic bench I miss terribly building my airplanes but I will get back to it ASAP..
It has been cool meeting all you new tanker people and I will most likely will stay with the hobby and do airplane too.. My gun upgrade is simple and it is still working perfectly.

Cool on all accounts! I am going to test your upgrade in my Bulldog, well its the only one with the gun left in it! But it is my yard guard DOG so with the camera in it and water proofing, it should be able to pack a wallop too!!!

The Blitz
Old Nov 21, 2008, 09:20 PM
Joined Aug 2007
518 Posts
Some hints

It was kind of tough closing up the gun caseing with the extra spring tension so I just put the casing together with the spring sticking out the back and then twisting the spring into the caseing until it was all in then closed up the casing all the way..
I am going to be gone a few days so happy TERKEY day everyone..
Last edited by peskeybobcat; Nov 22, 2008 at 12:14 PM.