SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by jokeane, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Nov 10, 2008, 09:33 AM
"Spark Chaser"
United States, WI, Middleton
Joined Jun 2004
351 Posts
Discussion
Working on Brio repairs, and setting up an Aspera

I've been doing some 'hanger shuffling' and repair work now that the weather in Wisconsin has officially turned nasty.

I've sold a number of NIB kits I had sitting around which were on the small side wingspan-wise.

This weekend I fixed up the Brio. Looks like it will fly again in spring. It turns out that repairing the wing was really pretty easy. Since I have only five 2.4Ghz receivers, I might move one of my 72Mhz receivers into the Brio. I ordered another NIB Brio off R/C groups... just in case. ;-)

I also picked up an 3D Hobby Shop Aspera airframe from a guy I met from McFarland. I'm placing the motor from the Sky Cat into this airframe. It needs smaller servos than I used in the Sky Cat, so I'll be using HiTec HS-65's. This one gets a Spektrum 2.4Ghz receiver.

So it looks like I'll have two pattern type planes ready to fly in the spring.
jokeane is offline Find More Posts by jokeane
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Le Fish aerobatic slope glider
to remove ads between posts