HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by szastoupil, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 09, 2009, 10:57 PM
Scott Zastoupil
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,627 Posts
Tomorrow night may be a crap shoot in terms of weather, but I'll stop by. I'll be there Saturday too hopefully with a winch model and wing rods(if I'm lucky this time).
szastoupil is offline Find More Posts by szastoupil
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2009, 11:49 PM
Appleton, WI
Joined May 2009
241 Posts
Saturday is looking pretty windy in the afternoon. It might be too windy for the gentle lady, after all she likes it....gentle LOL. I might go out saturday morning instead. If Fri evening looks ok then I will try to make it then as well.

E
Ich Bin is offline Find More Posts by Ich Bin
Old Jul 10, 2009, 05:28 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Oct 2003
661 Posts
I had a great time flying my 2.5 Spider last week with Bob, Tom and Tom!
I may show up to maiden my new Xplorer Sat or maybe Sunday depending on weather and if I get the throws programmed in time. It's a beautiful plane - so far...
hbielich is offline Find More Posts by hbielich
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:32 AM
Appleton
Joined Sep 2004
76 Posts
I'll be there Saturday afternoon with my Graphite 3.2 full house sailplane and an electric sailplane or two. I'm getting a forecast of WNW winds at 11 mph at 1:00 pm dropping to 9 mph by 4 pm with no gusts.

I also had a great time flying with Howard, Bob and Tom last Saturday.
ButeoBorealis is offline Find More Posts by ButeoBorealis
Old Jul 10, 2009, 09:17 AM
Appleton, WI
Joined May 2009
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButeoBorealis
I'll be there Saturday afternoon with my Graphite 3.2 full house sailplane and an electric sailplane or two. I'm getting a forecast of WNW winds at 11 mph at 1:00 pm dropping to 9 mph by 4 pm with no gusts.

I also had a great time flying with Howard, Bob and Tom last Saturday.
That would be good, but weather.com says 16mph at 1pm and not tapering off much. 16 is too much for my plane.

E
Old Jul 11, 2009, 07:28 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Oct 2003
661 Posts
I'm not going to make it Saturday, but if some one shows on Sunday I might make it out then.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 08:50 AM
Appleton
Joined Sep 2004
76 Posts
Eric, my forecast now shows winds similar to yours. WNW at 14 mph by 1:00 pm gusting up to 22 mph during the afternoon.
ButeoBorealis is offline Find More Posts by ButeoBorealis
Old Jul 11, 2009, 09:52 AM
Appleton, WI
Joined May 2009
241 Posts
Yeah I'm showing 14-16mph by 1pm, so that is too windy for me. Sunday looks great though. I will go out sunday and bring my high start if anyone needs it. It is plenty strong to launch 3-4lb planes.

See you tomorrow.

E
Old Jul 11, 2009, 11:52 AM
Scott Zastoupil
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,627 Posts
It looks like the conditions changed for the higher windspeed. I think I'll not make the trip and stay home today and hope for better weather tomorrow.

Bob, are you going to be out tomorrow with the winch?
Old Jul 11, 2009, 12:38 PM
Fond du Lac, WI
Joined Mar 2005
559 Posts
The forecast now shows winds 20-30 mph, which is a bit much so I've decided to stay home today (Saturday) and fly tomorrow (Sunday). I'll be there with the winch at about 1:00 pm.
Bob J.
Bob J is offline Find More Posts by Bob J
Old Jul 11, 2009, 09:46 PM
Madison, WI
Joined Oct 2003
661 Posts
I was going to bring both an electric fuse and standard fuse for the Explorer, but when I tested the motor on the E fuse today, the Phoenix 80 controller burst into flames!!! I don't know what went wrong, but I will only be bringing the standard fuse tomorrow.
It looks like a good day for that anyway. See you all at 1:00 pm...
Old Jul 12, 2009, 12:07 AM
Scott Zastoupil
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,627 Posts
Don't throw the controller away. You can send it in and get a significant discount on a new one. I want to say around 50%. I busted a 45A controller into pieces in a crash and purchased a new one for about half off when sending it to Castle.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 07:31 AM
Madison, WI
Joined Oct 2003
661 Posts
I think they should be replacing this one for free AND check out the motor to see if any damage occured to it as well! This was a brand new never been used controller and Neu motor from SUSA. At least the fuse is OK.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 10:49 AM
Dave Hones
Neenah
Joined Jul 2009
12 Posts
Are glo/gas planes allowed at Anderson. I talked to a member a couple of years ago and he said that as long as we dont get gas on the sod they didnt mind. Is this still the case?
FlynMX is offline Find More Posts by FlynMX
Old Jul 12, 2009, 11:31 AM
Scott Zastoupil
USA, WI, Waupaca
Joined Aug 2002
1,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlynMX
Are glo/gas planes allowed at Anderson. I talked to a member a couple of years ago and he said that as long as we dont get gas on the sod they didnt mind. Is this still the case?
Hi. Please sign your name in your posts. It's hard to tell who you are with only a single post and nickname. There is no automatic signature on RCGroups. But you can always post in the Custom User Title: in "My RCGroups" on the left side of the page and "Edit Profile".