SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 24, 2009, 07:47 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,921 Posts
Addiction , your post are known far and wide but you are correct here. We "are" just about out of business every day

That is what keeps us going and honest unlike some of the vendors we have dealt with ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiction
would be funny if AH runs out of business too
atlav8r is offline Find More Posts by atlav8r
Site Sponsor
Last edited by atlav8r; Apr 24, 2009 at 07:56 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2009, 07:58 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
atlav8r,

About the same here.... tough to know full well that if you take a week off and do nothing or tick off a selection of clients, you're doomed

Paul.
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old Apr 24, 2009, 07:58 AM
PLD
Magicsmoke maker
Australia, QLD, Charters Towers
Joined Dec 2003
17,403 Posts
Or rather, I should say... it spurns you to deliver your best
PLD is offline Find More Posts by PLD
Old Apr 24, 2009, 04:11 PM
Joined Nov 2007
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlav8r
Addiction , your post are known far and wide but you are correct here. We "are" just about out of business every day

That is what keeps us going and honest unlike some of the vendors we have dealt with ;-)

lol, you remember

hey, i just wantet to order some ultimate AMR from atlantahobbyshop.
couldnt find them yet
you should update your webshop
addiction is offline Find More Posts by addiction
Old Apr 25, 2009, 10:10 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,921 Posts
Well since you are trolling for a reply.. you are sure to know that PA last year decided to only sell direct cutting out their distribution agreements in the USA. Several companies have decided to go it alone in this way fully absorbing the cost of warehouse space, advertising, trade show cost, employee cost and customer support cost as well as the other expences necessary to operate. These are business decisions that companies need to make.

We do have a full warehouse of their other goods that we have at close out pricing but as you are outside of the USA we would of not been able to help you due to our prior agreement with PA to only sell inside the USA. I am however reading that they have sold less than a small container of the new bipe in the USA and that it has had issues so I am sure you can find one if you really want one. I also see that the Mfg who was making their motors has decided that ethics are more important than business and to no longer Mfg. motors for them (a powerful statement from a very reputable Chinese company).

In the end I guess we have been blessed after all.
Now back to the topic of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addiction
lol, you remember

hey, i just wantet to order some ultimate AMR from atlantahobbyshop.
couldnt find them yet
you should update your webshop
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 25, 2009, 11:10 AM
Master Of The Crash
Vass, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2009
108 Posts
atlav8r What is PA?
Big Johnny is offline Find More Posts by Big Johnny
Old Apr 25, 2009, 08:55 PM
Foam-n-Stein
Syracuse NY
Joined Dec 2004
43 Posts
Good gods! I thought I lost my job when I read this one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsa Wood
Walt's Hobby Shop in Brooklyn N.Y. closed down a while ago.

Hi, I work at Walt's Hobby Inc, in syracuse ny, and we are here and will remain here for the forseeable future

No matter what's happening, people will always want to spend time tinkering with something or other!

We're more than happy to help them with that!

-Mike
Ravenseye is offline Find More Posts by Ravenseye
Old Apr 25, 2009, 09:04 PM
Master Of The Crash
Vass, North Carolina
Joined Jan 2009
108 Posts
When did Hobby Master In Raleigh, NC Close? Went there today, planning to spend some greenbacks. Store Is empty as my bosses head!!
Big Johnny is offline Find More Posts by Big Johnny
Old Apr 26, 2009, 07:02 AM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, OK, Henryetta
Joined Nov 2005
25,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Johnny
When did Hobby Master In Raleigh, NC Close? Went there today, planning to spend some greenbacks. Store Is empty as my bosses head!!
I saw something about it back on the 24 March. Don't know for sure though.

Frank
Murocflyer is online now Find More Posts by Murocflyer
Old Apr 26, 2009, 07:03 AM
Joined Nov 2005
25,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenseye
Hi, I work at Walt's Hobby Inc, in syracuse ny, and we are here and will remain here for the forseeable future

No matter what's happening, people will always want to spend time tinkering with something or other!

We're more than happy to help them with that!

-Mike

That's good to know Mike. LHSs are a dieing breed it seems.

Frank
Old Apr 26, 2009, 07:07 AM
Joined Nov 2005
25,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlav8r
Well since you are trolling for a reply.. you are sure to know that PA last year decided to only sell direct cutting out their distribution agreements in the USA. Several companies have decided to go it alone in this way fully absorbing the cost of warehouse space, advertising, trade show cost, employee cost and customer support cost as well as the other expences necessary to operate. These are business decisions that companies need to make.

We do have a full warehouse of their other goods that we have at close out pricing but as you are outside of the USA we would of not been able to help you due to our prior agreement with PA to only sell inside the USA. I am however reading that they have sold less than a small container of the new bipe in the USA and that it has had issues so I am sure you can find one if you really want one. I also see that the Mfg who was making their motors has decided that ethics are more important than business and to no longer Mfg. motors for them (a powerful statement from a very reputable Chinese company).

In the end I guess we have been blessed after all.
Now back to the topic of this thread.
This is turned out to be a very interesting thread indeed.

Cliff, where can one find more background history on what you are talking about here? -Thanks.

Also, you mentioned just keeping afloat, and since we are discussing the impacts of the big stores on the little guys, do you think the market share of HC is hurting your sales? Do you know if the big three here in the US are growing or are they starting to see a drop in profits also.

Thanks,

Frank
Old Apr 26, 2009, 07:09 AM
Joined Nov 2005
25,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pldaniels
atlav8r,

About the same here.... tough to know full well that if you take a week off and do nothing or tick off a selection of clients, you're doomed

Paul.
Paul,

Are things that touchy there also? As you might know, we've been a little bit of a economic slowdown and I have to believe that has cut into American's spending on RC goodies. Are you seeing the same there?

Thanks,

Frank
Old Apr 26, 2009, 08:32 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,921 Posts
Me saying we were just staying a float was just sarcasm at addiction. Our business is actually doing really well this year, in fact we have never had a down year since we started the business and with the $ we have been pouring in infrastructure and internal systems we are being more and more efficient and our margins are up. We can now process more orders with one person than we were doing 2 years ago when we needed 3 people. We have a very new site coming on line in the next 60-90 days with all new hooks into our internal systems for better customer feedback and online experience. A new message board, an online radio station with live and Pod cast RC talk shows as well as TV in the future.

Life is good here!

Cliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by murocflyer
This is turned out to be a very interesting thread indeed.

Cliff, where can one find more background history on what you are talking about here? -Thanks.

Also, you mentioned just keeping afloat, and since we are discussing the impacts of the big stores on the little guys, do you think the market share of HC is hurting your sales? Do you know if the big three here in the US are growing or are they starting to see a drop in profits also.

Thanks,

Frank
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 30, 2009, 08:49 PM
Joined Nov 2005
25,288 Posts
Cliff,

Glad to hear all is well. Since you are in the business, is Hobby City/King starting to cut into the profits of American companies? They seem like they are doing a lot of business. Especially anytime anyone mentions where to buy stuff, they always mention HC first.

Frank
Old May 04, 2009, 08:55 AM
Cumming Ga
Joined Apr 2002
2,921 Posts
i Frank,
Just back from SEFF and am worn out!

We have not seen any effect on our business with the exception of higher sales of our own products once consumers see the quality of what they are getting from some of the various other companies out there.
Site Sponsor