SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 23, 2003, 12:12 PM
jah
BALD MEMBER
North Georgia
Joined Nov 2001
1,851 Posts
Post your pics of the Lifelike 757 conversion

I noted all the different approaches taken to convert the Lifelike Glider to electric R/C flight, and thought a thread highlighting all the pics would be a good idea.

Here is the "best" conversion so far, Daren's Beluga. AWESOME!!! Hard to believe it started "life" as a foam toy!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=93793
jah is offline Find More Posts by jah
Last edited by jah; Feb 23, 2003 at 12:28 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 23, 2003, 12:30 PM
jah
BALD MEMBER
North Georgia
Joined Nov 2001
1,851 Posts
Here is my C141-K (as in kinda) "attempt". It now is a Vasa55/speed280BB powered bird. Waiting for its maiden.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=c141
first C141 thread
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...highlight=c141
c141 flight attempts
Old Feb 23, 2003, 12:31 PM
jah
BALD MEMBER
North Georgia
Joined Nov 2001
1,851 Posts
Here is the latest iteration, a EDF75 twin powered A??, as in Awhat! (Kinda an A10)
Old Feb 23, 2003, 12:50 PM
Los Alamos, NM, USofA
Joined Nov 2000
3,122 Posts
Re: Post your pics of the Lifelike 757 conversion

Quote:
Originally posted by jah
Here is the "best" conversion so far, Daren's Beluga. AWESOME!!! Hard to believe it started "life" as a foam toy![/url]
Thanks Jerry. BTW, it's still a foam toy, just more expensive!

I took it out yesterday, but high winds kept me grounded.

Daren
Daren is offline Find More Posts by Daren
Old Feb 23, 2003, 07:19 PM
Terry Dunn
United States, TX, Lubbock
Joined Jan 2001
844 Posts
The standard:
http://users2.ev1.net/~NBAD/757.htm

More involved:
http://users2.ev1.net/~NBAD/f100.htm

A DC-3 is in the works now.

Yes, Daren's Beluga is awesome
mopar_man is offline Find More Posts by mopar_man
Old Feb 23, 2003, 07:32 PM
Notorious Battery Abuser
United States, MA, Cambridge
Joined Jul 2002
311 Posts
Oh, a Beluga. Could have been a Super Guppy. Very nice.
FlycastSeven is offline Find More Posts by FlycastSeven
Old Feb 23, 2003, 08:54 PM
"Bible Thumper"
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2001
1,924 Posts
I can't believe what this plane has turned into, it's hard to believe it's been about 4 years since I first converted this particular plane to just simple R/C. I remember by chance stopping in an a hobby shop and seeing this little flight pack called GWS pico. I purchsed a radio, 2 pico sets, some expert 280 systems, 2 master airscrew systems and spd 400 stuff and a Lanier U-2. AS I payed for my purchase and started walking out the door, I see this scale looking 737. You can imagine how heavy the U2 was with 2 MAS systems and 2 6 cell car packs. The wings bowed so much, it looked like I was flying a capital U, but it did fly. The 737 sat idle for awhile until I learned what was going on with e flight. I remember how elated I was when I finally completed my first 737, with grey packing tape and a pusher 400, it looked so good to me. I remember showing up at the field and all these guys were looking at me like ummm...yeah whatever. One little toss and full throttle and it was gone. It seemed so fast to me compared to the U2's, the lite sticks, the other geared 280 stuff I had tried. When I brought that thing by at low level and shot up at 45' and started doing rolls and then bringing it in for a soft landing, scooting across the grass, I was so proud of my creation. Everyone there had a completely different attitude, for some it was their first exposure to electric flight, I still couldn't believe I was flying a five dollar R/C plane. I couldn't wait to post all this on Ezone, I didn't think it was a very big deal all in all at the time, but then Jim Bourke asked me to do a write up on it. I worked on it for a while but not owning a digital camera made it difficult, and then Ezone crashed so it would have been lost anyway. To look at it now it seems so long ago and I was just struggling to get a spd 400 pusher going, now to look how wild the conversions are getting with this plane is unbelievable. And still in my mind there are so many ideas for this airframe floating around, I hope I never get bored with this plane.
AMTJIM is offline Find More Posts by AMTJIM