Old Oct 21, 2009, 03:12 PM
Gelei Imre
Hungary, Eger
Joined Feb 2008
302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Flyin'
Gelei,

I thought your "decals" looked very familiar to me. They are a copy of my airbrushed design for my eagle build! Here is a link to my wing design
Ray
Dear Ray,

It is true! That is your design! Please don't be angry, because I seen the picture attachments only on bottom of attachments pictures, and I finded it the most beautiful design! In Hungary we have'nt this kind of Eagle, only others, so I can' find photo about original. So I made decals, and I hope You will happy, when you see some Eagle-plane flies with your design! But if you want I will delete that pdf. of course! Then your Eagle has only one twin in Hungary!

Imre
Gelei Imre is offline Find More Posts by Gelei Imre
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2009, 05:34 PM
Out the Window
United States, FL, Alachua
Joined Jul 2004
1,298 Posts
Imre

No, I am not angry, I am pleased that you liked my painting enough to use it for your Eagle. After looking at yours, I wished I had used the "V" tail, it looks much better than mine. More like an eagle.

My wife and I are artists and artists we tend to "borrow" heavily from other artists.

It was just a surprise to see an Eagle that looks like mine over 5,000 miles away! Let me know if you build another! Maybe if I get around to building another Eagle you can give me some tips on setting up the "V" tail.

Ray
High Flyin' is offline Find More Posts by High Flyin'
Old Oct 23, 2009, 09:26 AM
Gelei Imre
Hungary, Eger
Joined Feb 2008
302 Posts
Ray,
Thanks, and greetings from Hungary!

Imre
Gelei Imre is offline Find More Posts by Gelei Imre
Old Oct 25, 2009, 08:40 PM
PunchDrunk ex-Pug try'n fly'n
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
1,014 Posts
Howdy Y'all,
Hope nobody minds me posting a couple of bird prototypes before they are detailed as well as the ones I see on this thread.
This is an experiment in developing a pusher type bird design. I hope to get Lee an board enough to benefit from his expertise.
The yellow one has been tested and proves to be an excellent flier, very aerobatic, great floater. the blue FFF model is yet to be tested, to windy lately.
The tailless design works well I hope the tail boom does as well as it appears more bird-like.
jp
jp.electrik is offline Find More Posts by jp.electrik
Old Oct 28, 2009, 01:52 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,309 Posts
What is going on?

I had three requests this morning for Peregrine kit information. We usually get a few but there has been more the last 2 weeks.

The requests are coming through our www.crashtesthobby.com site. Did we get listed somewhere?

We are updating the Peregrine kit and it is not in production at this time.

I have some prototypes already cut here. I need input and I will need some builders to build and take pictures and give feedback.

We are going to design a great flying plane with the right proportions then make it look like a bird not take a bird design and make it fly.

I am also thinking of offering it as a thick wing and as a thin wing for powered or slope, what do you think?

Lee

Lee is online now Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Oct 28, 2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 02:16 PM
So. Nevada
Joined Feb 2004
219 Posts
Just started flying the "Flyparty" eagle and am very happy with it's performance. Although it does not have ailerons like my other depron eagle , it seems to fly the same using only tailerons. Also , because it is EPP, it is much more durable. Never fails to draw a crowd at the field.
Capt G is offline Find More Posts by Capt G
Old Oct 28, 2009, 04:51 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,309 Posts
For the past few hours I have been brainstorming with Scott who is the original artist engineer that helped us put the Peregrine design together. We have been watching the videos and laying out wings in different configurations trying to get the look. It is going to be hard to improve on the look, maybe we need to focus on the technology and keep the look we have. This wing looks like it has muscles.

We were just watching this video and realizing this will be hard to beat. This is truly one of my favorite planes.

Notice the rolls in the middle of the video and th Cuban 8s at the end.

Peregrine Power Slopen' 09 (4 min 6 sec)

This video is prototyping after I put the bigger motor on the plane. did I mention this is one of my favorite designs. I think I'm drooling on the keyboard.

EPP Peregrine #3 11-08 (3 min 55 sec)

This is before we put the bigger motor on it. Here it has a flat T tail which is easier and stronger to build. This is only a BW1300 motor at about 7Amps.

Falcon #1 Prototype (3 min 50 sec)
Last edited by Lee; Oct 28, 2009 at 05:48 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 07:10 PM
Va.Beach VA.
Joined Aug 2007
2,196 Posts
Lee my brother and I like that version too. I have all your videos from start to finish; I look at them often and admire your flying style. The video when you had the "X" or "t" tail,and the 1300 bw motor with the half alevoned sea gull colored wings I thought was "THE Best" performance you've given..even though you tried catching it at the end..but it end up perching on the ground instead. But truthfully, I hope to fly as gracefully and with execution as you do one day.
I know you said your not really taking any new designs but how is this?..let me know if this pic shows up right..i'm doing this with iPhone;don't fully understand it yet.

IMG_0116.JPG........I'll email you instead..
G-LO is offline Find More Posts by G-LO
Last edited by G-LO; Oct 28, 2009 at 07:19 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 09:50 PM
Virginia Beach, VA
Joined Nov 2006
978 Posts
Hi Lee,
I'm G-LO's brother and like he said I like your first version better too. It looks more like a real falcon then the current one which sorta look like a Sea-gull.

As you asked in regards to some input about your falcon, G-LO asked me to post this silhouette of a falcon he traced and somewhat messed with...so don't laugh. It's just a start...
anthodenn is offline Find More Posts by anthodenn
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:08 PM
PunchDrunk ex-Pug try'n fly'n
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
1,014 Posts
Prototypes

Just awesome Lee! I am amazed at how stable it is. When I build a non swept wing I find them quite 'pitchy'. You have obviously done allot of R&D.
jp
jp.electrik is offline Find More Posts by jp.electrik
Old Oct 28, 2009, 10:19 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,604 Posts
Great looking and flying Falcon. I preferred the looks on the inverted Y tail. Nice, nice flying.
Vantasstic is offline Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2009, 09:51 AM
Smoke me a Kipper
Cedar Grove North Carolina
Joined Oct 2006
1,214 Posts
Lee

We need a large enough Falcon /EPP design to fly FPV

80" wingspan please

Keep the birds coming
fritzdecat is offline Find More Posts by fritzdecat
Old Oct 29, 2009, 06:31 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,309 Posts
One prototype is painted like a seagull because I was too lazy to paint the feathers on a prototype. The Peregrine in the slopen' video in post 1042 is the latest cut. It is fit exactly to a Peregrine silhouette we found. It has a much stronger wingtip but is almost the same shape. Are these the two shapes you are talking about?
Old Oct 29, 2009, 07:02 PM
B'ham UK
Joined Oct 2005
2,990 Posts
Anyone want to try a real super cruser of the air...the Red Kite.
Airboatflyingshp is offline Find More Posts by Airboatflyingshp
Old Oct 29, 2009, 10:19 PM
Joined Apr 2009
93 Posts
Lee,
Awesome! The prototype looks like its ready to go. Put me on your list, I'm ready to get one. Is the fuse of the bird permanently attached to the wings?
Bhamflyer.
Bhamflyer is offline Find More Posts by Bhamflyer