HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 20, 2009, 09:13 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,186 Posts
Just found this thread. Good info on plans and building. Just love the authentic paint jobs.
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2009, 04:47 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,511 Posts
Wow, I'm thoroughly impressed by the size of their balls!!! That's got to be the most dangerous thing I've ever seen on the net, lol. At least Shane died doing what he loved... RIP.

Vantasstic, thanks for the bit of info on bird brains. So if I got it right, stay low and I have a better chance of getting good video? lol, j/k

Cheers,
Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite
Old Jun 24, 2009, 08:34 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,071 Posts
I received some pictures of the 56" Eagle I built for a fellow flier. He's using a Mega 16-15-4 (because he had it on hand), APC 7x4E prop, 2S 1800mAh pack and did a 20 minute flight consuming <1600mAh. He's a happy camper.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:35 AM
rLu
Los Angeles
Joined Oct 2004
181 Posts
Vantasstic,

That is a very nice looking bird.
rLu is offline Find More Posts by rLu
Old Jun 25, 2009, 06:13 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,393 Posts
Vantasstic,

Very nice bird and clear pictures!
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio
Old Jun 25, 2009, 07:48 PM
'FPV'er...not a "LOS'er
Las Vegas, NV
Joined Sep 2003
18,071 Posts
Thanks guys. The owner sent me the pictures (5meg files). They were big, but very detailed. I have to admit it does look good.
Vantasstic is online now Find More Posts by Vantasstic
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 26, 2009, 09:30 AM
Flying high
Seattle, Wa
Joined Dec 2002
2,263 Posts
Here's another video of my eagle flying, just for fun!

Vantassic,

nice bird!

Flying my RC Eagle (2 min 43 sec)
billwhit is offline Find More Posts by billwhit
Old Jun 26, 2009, 01:45 PM
metro Detroit, MI
Joined Jan 2007
193 Posts
Nice video!

Does anyone on here know of or have a decent model of this bird for a flight simulator?
Thanks....arniep

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwhit
Here's another video of my eagle flying, just for fun!

Vantassic,

nice bird!

http://vimeo.com/5331170
arniep is offline Find More Posts by arniep
Old Jun 26, 2009, 05:51 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arniep
Does anyone on here know of or have a decent model of this bird for a flight simulator?
Thanks....arniep
It flies pretty much like a GWS Slow Stick if you don't put ailerons on it. In fact, I put the eagle wing on my Slow Stick to test fly it before finishing the eagle. The wing sizes are very close, and even though the GWS stock wing is highly undercambered and should produce more lift, I could not tell any significant difference in the air other than the fact that rudder-only turns with the Slow Stick are flatter and don't produce a coupled dive tendency like the Eagles V-tail does. Turning the Eagle with the warperons I used produced very gentle flat turns... much like the real bird, and highly recommended (or full span ailerons).
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jun 26, 2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old Jun 27, 2009, 12:42 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,994 Posts
Another video of power sloping the Peregrine.

Peregrine Power Slopen' 09 (4 min 6 sec)
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Old Jun 29, 2009, 11:07 AM
So. Nevada
Joined Feb 2004
180 Posts
Things I have figured out: the V -tail rudder will dive the bird. I decreased throw to 1/4". The ailerons give a very bird-like banking turn. Add a little power and you can emulate a climb in a thermal. Keeping the prop idling makes it almost dissapear - better than off. Love the eagle!
Capt G is offline Find More Posts by Capt G
Old Jul 01, 2009, 04:32 PM
High Planes Drifter
Joined Oct 2007
32 Posts
don't mean to sound lazy

guys -

I don't mean to sound lazy, but there's 60 pages to this thread and I have a slooooooow internet conection out here in the sticks of Maine so very it's tough for me to review each page...

I saw a set of plans in the earlier pages of the thread, but is there a later set? Just want to make sure I have the most up-to-date set before I start cutting foam. It would take me two forevers to try to load each page to check.

thanks
Jerry In Maine is offline Find More Posts by Jerry In Maine
Old Jul 11, 2009, 11:39 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
8,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry In Maine
guys -

I don't mean to sound lazy, but there's 60 pages to this thread and I have a slooooooow internet conection out here in the sticks of Maine so very it's tough for me to review each page...

I saw a set of plans in the earlier pages of the thread, but is there a later set? Just want to make sure I have the most up-to-date set before I start cutting foam. It would take me two forevers to try to load each page to check.

thanks
I constantly update the first 20 posts with the essential information pictures and videos so that new people to the thread can easily find the most current information. I always appreciate it when the thread is organized and updated so I try to do it in the ones I start. I have made changes in the first posts in the last few days to keep them updated.

Late Note, What thread am I in???

I post in too many threads. This thread has so many bird planes in it that there isn't one place to go to get the information for each of the planes.

The Peregrine information is at the first of the thread but the other planes are spread out through the pages. Sorry.

Lee
Lee is offline Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Jul 11, 2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old Jul 11, 2009, 05:39 PM
Where'd The Wise Men Go?!?
United States, NE, Bellevue
Joined Sep 2007
2,968 Posts
Hey Lee
Great sloping vid there! Would be hard pressed to tell it was an RC bird over the real one most of the time... (at least when you weren't doing loops n rolls! LOL)
AC5FF is offline Find More Posts by AC5FF
Old Jul 31, 2009, 09:29 PM
Registered Aircraft Offender
Carmichael, CA
Joined Feb 2007
3,511 Posts
Rewound Blue Wonder for FFF Eagle

Hello all, last weekend I test flew my FFF Eagle with a Blue Wonder I rewound:

13T-24awg-ABCx4-Y, APC 8x4e
9330RPM, 20oz thrust, 10.7V, 8.6A, 70% efficient

It went up in a hurry! It is not quite vertical, but it does have a steep 60* climbout, glides well, and lots of grunt for tighter maneuvering. Not all BW motors have room for the wind, but it was certainly worth the effort. If you rewind or know someone who does, this motor is a perfect match for the FFF-Eagle.

Cheers,
Kev
Truglodite is offline Find More Posts by Truglodite