SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 07, 2009, 08:54 AM
ST.LOUIS
Joined Aug 2006
1,999 Posts
Marie, Are you gonna paint it? I have trouble seeing mine even with some good contrast. Once it gets up high it's pretty tough to tell which way's up. I seem to remember someone running into a tree because of loss of orientation. At least I'd bet that's what he blamed it on. HE HE.

Lee. I havent flown your peregrine so I can't say which flies better, but TJ's is definently WAY WAY WAY COOLER!!! When I watched the video I imagined about 10 of em flying in some SCI-FI movie. "Attack Of The Dragons"
DRITCH is offline Find More Posts by DRITCH
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2009, 10:18 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRITCH
Marie, Are you gonna paint it? I have trouble seeing mine even with some good contrast. Once it gets up high it's pretty tough to tell which way's up. I seem to remember someone running into a tree because of loss of orientation. At least I'd bet that's what he blamed it on. HE HE.

Lee. I havent flown your peregrine so I can't say which flies better, but TJ's is definently WAY WAY WAY COOLER!!! When I watched the video I imagined about 10 of em flying in some SCI-FI movie. "Attack Of The Dragons"
Dritch

I think TJs plane is unique and it does draw a crowd along with a few flies. I didn't think it would fly as well as it does. Amazing!!

Having flown both planes the Horntail is a little heavier than the Peregrine. They use the same wing just one has feathers and the other has scales. The Horntail is the first attempt while the Peregrine has been prototyped for 4 months. We can get the Horntail to fly better with a few adjustments.

While TJ was cutting Snowballs, Pinatas and Peregrines for those of you that have ordered them he cut the Horntail. TJ looks young but he's 18 and a senior in high school. He's great with computers, art and tools. He received the top technology student award for his high school.

Lee
Lee is online now Find More Posts by Lee
Last edited by Lee; Feb 07, 2009 at 10:34 AM.
Old Feb 07, 2009, 11:10 AM
Micro Addict!!!
Vale of Shadows, Ontario, Canada.
Joined Feb 2008
306 Posts
Lee
Both of them look great.

But, too big for me.
Would love to get a micro version.( 12-16 " WS)
Any chance of having one of each cut?

Thanks,
Wolf
AlphaWolf is offline Find More Posts by AlphaWolf
Old Feb 07, 2009, 11:30 AM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
Lee
Both of them look great.

But, too big for me.
Would love to get a micro version.( 12-16 " WS)
Any chance of having one of each cut?

Thanks,
Wolf
Wolf

The KF airfoil makes it so anyone can design planes.

I would suggest you do the KF airfoils and then take lots of pictures and videos and show us what you can come up with.

Sorry.... The Horntail isn't for sale and it has taken months to get the Peregrine to the point it is. Down sizing it would be the same as starting over. The EPP Peregrine kit is the size of an adult Peregrine.

Lee
Old Feb 07, 2009, 12:46 PM
Micro Addict!!!
Vale of Shadows, Ontario, Canada.
Joined Feb 2008
306 Posts
Thanks,

Always good to have permission first.

I'll see what I can do.
AlphaWolf is offline Find More Posts by AlphaWolf
Old Feb 07, 2009, 01:17 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolf
Thanks,

Always good to have permission first.

I'll see what I can do.
Wolf

You don't need my permission unless you are kitting and selling our exact plane. I want everyone to feel free to build their own and have even given you all the tools to do so.

We are doing this for fun we both have jobs where we actually earn money.

Lee
Old Feb 07, 2009, 01:38 PM
Where'd The Wise Men Go?!?
United States, NE, Bellevue
Joined Sep 2007
2,981 Posts
Did I miss something? That Dragon looks great - any plans available?
AC5FF is offline Find More Posts by AC5FF
Old Feb 07, 2009, 04:50 PM
gilford, new hampshire, usa
Joined Nov 2003
825 Posts
Where's the dragon ?horntail? Musta missed it - (fascinating thread, neat models) I like the peregrine, I've also been thinking of a chimney swift profile enlarged enough to take small servos.
nebuchadnezzar is offline Find More Posts by nebuchadnezzar
Old Feb 07, 2009, 06:24 PM
PunchDrunk ex-Pug try'n fly'n
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined Jan 2009
1,014 Posts
Testing my Falcon, trying to find the CG. Had to rearrange all the hardware in order to move the battery forward, so much for CG Calc. The aileron mod is interesting but I'm more concerned with the amount of travel. I'm getting allot more down than up which is maxxing out. Still not enough testing to get a verdict on the static tail with ellivon experiment. Love to push the envelope.
jp
jp.electrik is offline Find More Posts by jp.electrik
Old Feb 07, 2009, 07:14 PM
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2008
322 Posts
Well I finally got some time in the shop and got my eagle finished. Seemed like everytime I started towards the stairs something happened...with the little time I have had left over from work, but I finished her up tonight. AUW is 20 oz, it has a 2212-06 grayson motor and a 11.1 2200 battery. I built a flush hatch at the bottom with positive latching so I don't accidently lose a battery and the split elevators are run to one servo.. The fuse is epoxied to the wing as is the tail so this is an all or nothin deal. just for grins CG with everything just plopped in was at 2 3/4" and I figured about 3 1/4 with the KF2 wing so I'll start a little nose heavy and work my way back....hopefully.. Maiden report to follow if the weather ever gets better here
Wynterhawk is offline Find More Posts by Wynterhawk
Old Feb 07, 2009, 07:23 PM
Connecticut, USA
Joined Oct 2008
322 Posts
Oh yea I also put two washers under the top two mounting tabs for the motor for some downthrust. Good idea?
Wynterhawk is offline Find More Posts by Wynterhawk
Old Feb 07, 2009, 09:34 PM
ST.LOUIS
Joined Aug 2006
1,999 Posts
Thanks for reminding me. Gotta add a little down to mine for tomorrow too. I get a little pitch up at high throttle with my cg a little nose heavy or neutral.
DRITCH is offline Find More Posts by DRITCH
Old Feb 07, 2009, 10:47 PM
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
USA, UT, Orem
Joined Jul 2004
9,156 Posts
I was out flying my peregrine today, got water from melting snow in the Seagull and elevator stopped working. No damage to either plane but I will be glad to have warmer weather. I am upgrading the elevator servos to HS81s and lengthening the horns on the elevator to decrease throw and increase mechanical advantage.
Old Feb 08, 2009, 03:54 AM
Blue Falcon
the Netherlands
Joined Jan 2007
718 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVnfo...e=channel_page
bluefalconhollan is online now Find More Posts by bluefalconhollan
Old Feb 08, 2009, 06:38 AM
Luis Claudio - Rio - Brazil
Brasil, RJ, Rio de Janeiro
Joined Apr 2005
2,449 Posts
Ive never seen something so real like that

Could you please send more information? The building process or where did you buy that?

Amazing, real, perfect!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefalconhollan
Luis_Claudio is offline Find More Posts by Luis_Claudio