HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 07, 2008, 06:46 PM
Taubate, SP, Brazil
Joined Aug 2007
66 Posts
Video
CAP-4 Paulistinha

This model is my entry in the **Blu-Baby** Tribute Competition ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=927249 ), created as a tribute to our friend and mentor Tony 65x55.

About of the airplane I choose to emulate we get from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

CAP-4 Paulistinha
Brazilian Navy CAP-4 preserved at the Museu Asas de Um Sonho
Role Trainer
Manufacturer EAY, CAP
First flight 1935
Number built ca. 840

The CAP-4 Paulistinha was a military and civilian trainer aircraft built in Brazil during the 1930s and 40s. It was originally developed by Empresa AeronŠutica Ypiranga (EAY) as an unlicensed copy of the Taylor Cub powered by a Salmson 9Ad radial engine. It featured a high strut-braced wing, two enclosed tandem seats, and a steel-tube fuselage with fabric covering. Its tailwheel undercarriage was not retractable.

EAY had built five examples by the time that the firm was purchased by Companhia AeronŠutica Paulista (CAP) in 1942. CAP continued manufacturing the type under the designation CAP-4.

The type was widely successful, with nearly 800 units being produced for Brazil's flying clubs and armed forces, as well as for export to Argentina, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay and Portugal. At the time of peak production in 1943, a new CAP-4 left the factory every day, and production continued until 1948.
ginodouglas is offline Find More Posts by ginodouglas
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2008, 07:10 PM
"On the Wing"
Ohio
Joined Jul 2006
757 Posts
Looks like a "vencedor" to me Gino!
paulo810 is offline Find More Posts by paulo810
Old Nov 07, 2008, 10:48 PM
AMA 14680
Northern Nevada
Joined Mar 2007
1,581 Posts
Gino is Qualified

Great job Gino.... congratulations. Bob
Foamenator is offline Find More Posts by Foamenator
Old Nov 08, 2008, 07:50 AM
Brasil
Joined Jun 2008
46 Posts
muito bonito, parabens
Sartor is offline Find More Posts by Sartor
Old Nov 10, 2008, 05:38 AM
Taubate, SP, Brazil
Joined Aug 2007
66 Posts
paulo810, Foamenator

Thanks

Sartor

Obrigado
Old Nov 10, 2008, 05:56 AM
Taubate, SP, Brazil
Joined Aug 2007
66 Posts
I replaced the 1" scale-look wheels for ultra light 3" and now I could make a ROG take-off

Gino
Old Nov 10, 2008, 01:17 PM
treefinder
SE MI
Joined Oct 2004
9,938 Posts
Gino: just got to see both of your videos. She looks great and flies well, like a BB should!

I'm beginning to realize that the ultralight skinny wheels cut through the grass while a more realistic full width wheel even if larger diameter will hang up. Probably have to have two sets depending on the "runway surface".
springer is offline Find More Posts by springer
RCG Plus Member