SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2008, 05:22 PM
United States, TX, Coppell
Joined Dec 1996
357 Posts
Discussion
Poor customer service at Value Hobby

I purchased some Gforce Lipo packs back in August from Value Hobby. They have great prices and they ship super fast.

However after using the batteries for a while and not getting the expected capacity from them, I decided to sell them here in the For Sale forums. The person I sold them to PMed me and told me that these were 1800 packs rather than 2250 packs which explains why I wasn't getting the expected capacity. I emailed Value Hobby asking them to refund the difference between the 2 3s 2250 packs and 2 3s 1800 packs. They replied back and said that mislabling the packs was unlikely since the dimensions are different. I checked their web site and the difference is only 3mm in thickness. All the packs come with the same labeling with a checkbox filled in indicating the capacity and rating.

They have not refunded my money and I have not heard back from them again. I think this is a pretty reasonable request.

Has anyone else had any similar experiences with Value Hobby?
cnims is offline Find More Posts by cnims
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:23 PM
geekrawker
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Aug 2011
221 Posts
Hit or Miss

Ive had mixed support results. Alex did replace a bad Icharger for me for free, however it took a few months of incredibly slow email exchanges before we came to an agreement.

My last dealings were terrible, a couple of weeks of slow emails, very few reply... Tried to get Alex to confirm I was ordering the right shaft and motor mounts. He never confirmed and I needed the parts for a sanctioned event. Shafts worked but the mount was incorrect, two more weeks have past with no reply to my request to send the incorrect mounts back in. I also requested he let me know the proper size. I'll reply to this thread again if this ever gets resolved.

I have a feeling Alex is a garage shop and does a lot of drop shipments. When he's willing to help he's good, but you'll never get him on the phone. I've tried several times!

He's kinda a roll of the dice but it's bargain pricing so what do you expect. Check out ExileHobby, a buddy of mine just started it and hes finally getting his inventory padded out a little better. Great customer service too!
geekrawker is offline Find More Posts by geekrawker
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RCAP - Spring 2014 Aerial Reel
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:21 AM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
7,348 Posts
You dig up a 4 year old post, just to pimp your "buddy's" shop? No thanks - looks pretty bad IMHO.
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM