HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 19, 2008, 03:52 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,040 Posts
It's a tough decision. I'll admit I'm torn between both. Another indoor coax or a indoor/outdoor single. Hmmm. Guess I'll start saving, and decide later when I have the money.
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2008, 05:37 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,040 Posts
Ok everybody, I did it. Felt so confident after last nights ff test. Calm still conditions, right before dark. Fired it up. Flew up to about 30'. Had some flying. Couldn't seem to fight an invisible wind current that apparently came up, that I couldn't feel. Instant blade clash, and yes, it was very bad. Wished I had of caught it on video, probably my last flight. That at of arrogance, cost me my fun. Probably won't be posting for awile, while I lick the wounds. Sad thing is. I knew not to do it. But thats the nature of this beast, idn't it. Bad canopy damage, that I've already begun trying to repair. Spun her up, totaly bent shafts, I fear both inner and outer. Bent stabilizer bar. And I was just about to have enough money to buy some batteries. AAARRRRRRGGGHHHHHFFF!!!!!!!
Sorry had to let that out. Grown man should'nt cry. I know. Bye all, -Lee
Old Nov 19, 2008, 06:28 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
Fix her and come back
StCalvin is offline Find More Posts by StCalvin
Old Nov 19, 2008, 06:28 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
most of us do that at some point, I've done it a few times....You might be able to straiten the shafts by hand.....disassemble it and roll the shafts on a flat surface (mirror is best) and then try and un bend the bend. The blades will of course have to be replaced.....and the flybar can be straitened out.
Blade_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
Old Nov 19, 2008, 06:31 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
Hey guys feel like helping Lee out? I'll send him my MCX ( no charge) if someone can hook him up with a transmitter. It's the bind and fly version.Gotta keep him in the game.
Rick
Old Nov 19, 2008, 06:35 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
And.. anyone got spare shafts we can send along with a fuselage? Must be spares out there somewhere.
Rick
Old Nov 19, 2008, 07:57 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,040 Posts
Wow, everybody. Someone must of prayed for I have seen a miracle. I prayed for
God to forgive my arrogance and help me see her fly again. Knowing it was bad, I took her apart. Some things I did, just by "it felt right" and test it one part at a time. Long story short, lot of tape, bending, praying, she flew again!!!!! Hey, it took alot of stick, for she was not as graceful as she had been before the event. But she flew. I know I have to save for the parts, but I can still get airbourne. yeahhhh! Thank you all for careing about a fellow on a budget. I've already traded supper enough for this hobby, lost 10 lbs since my comanche got here, trying to save money for parts. thats grit eh
-Lee
Old Nov 19, 2008, 08:02 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
Sweeet would have missed those videos. Now we still need to get new parts out there.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 05:31 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,040 Posts
Hey all, I have my comanche all taped up and it look like the frankenstein monster. lol. Now I have to charge the battery while still inside the canopy. Kinda scary, but what cha gonna do? I have a question. I can't seem to remove the external shaft cause the bearing won't pass all the way up and off. Thought of sanding or cutting (of course, not until I get a replacement), but I don't know. Any suggestions? -Lee
Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:20 PM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
220 grit sand paper works fine to get the burrs out from around the holes in the outer shaft.

That should solve your issue.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:45 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,040 Posts
Thank you Barak1001. I'll try it soon. -Lee
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:08 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,040 Posts
I think, if anybody is interested, I'll shoot a vid this weekend to show where I'm at. I think some of you would be proud of my situation. Kill it, repair what ya got, and fly it again. And I want to send a thank you out there to Rick, StCalvin. You have inspired me to carry on. Thank you Rick. You've touched someone you'll probably never meet.-Lee
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:49 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
No thanks needed. Just get her up again.
R
Old Nov 22, 2008, 09:05 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
12,040 Posts
Here's a photo of all my helis.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_94e72b...414465/256.jpg
Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:20 AM
Fly em if ya got em.