HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 16, 2008, 02:38 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,807 Posts
I hear ya, bladekiller. I have to be real careful right now. No funds for spare parts= don't crash and need repairing. Careful approaches and hovers. Oh yea, I just got her dialed in and dead stick hoverable. Happy times! This is the first heli I've had that my cats didn't attack. ha ha They run and watch from a safe distance. lol Since hovering is now practickly hands free, I've done some circle practice. And even tried the funnel manuver. Gotta practice that one cause it looks cool as all get out. lol -Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2008, 09:19 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,807 Posts
Ok, so today was a really bad day at work. I got home, and launched my comanche in the living room. After hovering in the living room with a few circle circuits to have fun, I flew into the next room, the kichen. ha ha. I lost it on the way back. Minor damage to the rear fusilodge. Fixed it with the krazy glue and scotch tape. Test flew it afterwords, no pernament damage. keep um high n flyin -Lee
Old Nov 18, 2008, 08:41 AM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
I know the feeling. My bird has a small piece of tape it recieved after it picked a fight with a doorway.
Rick
StCalvin is offline Find More Posts by StCalvin
Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:57 AM
Resident Skeptican
USA, AL, Hanceville
Joined May 2008
4,323 Posts
Don't feel bad Lee, my chopper has been down for the past month (it's been cold and I haven't felt like flying it) after having a fight with a tree. The tree won.

So I've got a fried motor and ESC. Note to self: Do not engage in helicopter to tree combat the tree will win. Additional note to self: Do not show off for friends and neighbors weaving in and out of neighbor's trees.
Barak1001 is offline Find More Posts by Barak1001
Old Nov 18, 2008, 10:25 AM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
Sounds like Charlie Brown's kite eating tree.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 05:00 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,807 Posts
Our birds don't seem to stand a chance against doorways or trees, lol. Or cieling fans, bookcases, etc.etc.etc. But fagile or not we Love them, and can fix them. And I guess, if you can't fix it, mod it. ha ha -Lee
Old Nov 18, 2008, 06:56 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,807 Posts
Hey I just noticed my story has almost had a thousand views... Wow... ok now everybody send me a dollar... ha ha This is great, charging the lipo, talking to ya all. -Lee
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:05 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
Been playing with my MCX tonight. I really do like the bigger CX2 better. More power, weight. Wil probably retire it if it ever needs fixing. Bought it on impulse the weekend it came out. Cute but a tad too light and tiny.
Rick
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:10 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,807 Posts
Everybody advises me to buy the mcx but I'm leaning towards a walkera 4-3 micro with a single instead of the couterrotating blades. Whatta ya think guys. I'm on a super strickt budget. -Lee
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:32 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
In retrospect I should have maybe gotten the 4#3. However while buying blades for the CX2 I feel in love at the lhs: Gaui 200 Hurricane. Now there's a machine. Maybe someday ( sigh).
Rick
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:32 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
Maybe I should use the MCX as a down payment on the Gaui lol.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:38 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy
Everybody advises me to buy the mcx but I'm leaning towards a walkera 4-3 micro with a single instead of the couterrotating blades. Whatta ya think guys. I'm on a super strickt budget. -Lee
I know of no single rotor heli that isn't going to cost considerably more than any coax. I don't mean purchase price, either. You will crash a lot more, break a lot more parts and unless you buy a pretty expensive heli, you will be replacing motors and trying to get the tail to hold on a regular basis. I have 4 coax, 2 FP and 4 CP helis, so I have a pretty good idea of costs.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:54 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,807 Posts
Wow, thanks balr14. You helped me. I will waiit, spend money where it counts, on the one I own. ha ha. Hey, I did some ff test tonight. Along with some other test. I think my comanche could handle some breeze outside. Maybe I'll get the courage up and try it. Who knows, might get my sick wife/partner to video it. Uh ohh, battery light just changed to steady. Gotta go. lol -Lee
Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:07 PM
ooops
Dekalb,Illinois
Joined Oct 2003
1,452 Posts
Yeah thanks balr I really am content with my co-ax's. They suit my purpose wll.
Rick
Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:22 PM
Holy atomic pile, Batman!
Lafayette, Indiana
Joined Jan 2007
743 Posts
Hey Lee,
Get a MCX..you will not be disappointed.....Trust me...Ask the folks here. It ain't a CX2 or nothing but it is a blast!

Mark
Steppenwolf is offline Find More Posts by Steppenwolf
Closed Thread