Closed Thread
Old Nov 07, 2008, 02:43 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,636 Posts
Rave
Poor man's story

I do not have alot of money. I am a professional tree climber. I work really hard and risk my life everyday. So this is probably not a good hobby for me. I saved up, and finally had enough money to buy a cheap heli. After searching the internet for days, maybe weeks, I decided to go with bananahobby. I found what I thought would be the copter for me, and ordered it. The next week, on a saturday, it arrived. I was so very excited. Charged up the lipo. And prepared for the maiden flight. No go. Not even a hover. Turns out I had a defective part. And to make matters worse, destroyed the blades in the act of narrowing it down. Had no money for parts, so I thought it would just sit on the counter and look pretty. But Pete at bananahobby heard of my problem and wanted to help. We communicated, freguently, and figured out what the problem was. Then get this, he mailed me what I needed to fix it. Can you believe it? That's going above and beyound the call of duty in my book. Cause it was not bananahobby's fault, and I told Pete that. Still the parts arrived and now it fly's like a dream come true. I know I'm in the learning phase, but not a crash yet. Ok, one kinda hard landing, in a panic. But no damage. So this thread is to say a big thank you to bananahobby. And to Pete. Cause without him, I would be dead in the water. I wrote this so all of you out their in cyberworld, that wants to buy online, go with bananahobby. The customer service is way above what I really expected. The prices are the lowest I've seen, and I looked. 5 stars from a poor man, who plans to save more money and buy from them again. -Lee
leethetreeguy is offline Find More Posts by leethetreeguy
Last edited by leethetreeguy; Jul 08, 2009 at 05:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 07, 2008, 02:51 PM
Joined Aug 2007
355 Posts
Great rave
What heli did you end up getting?
MConstable is offline Find More Posts by MConstable
Old Nov 07, 2008, 02:58 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,636 Posts
I knew I would get asked that. I would rather not say. I don't want anyone thinking it's a bad copter... Let's just say it is like alot of the helis in the lama 4 class. I really don't want to be to specific about what was wrong and on what heli. It could have easily been wrong with any of them. By the way, the parts to fix it would have cost me almost as much as I paid for it. Around $100.00. Man I am happy. On cloud nine!
Old Nov 07, 2008, 03:16 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
what is a professional tree climber?
Blade_Killer is offline Find More Posts by Blade_Killer
Old Nov 07, 2008, 03:25 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,636 Posts
That is my lamens way of saying "arborist".
Old Nov 07, 2008, 03:54 PM
sacramento , CA
sacramento , CA
Joined Apr 2007
735 Posts
awsome story..you got the bug now.
newbie39 is offline Find More Posts by newbie39
Old Nov 07, 2008, 04:07 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leethetreeguy
That is my lamens way of saying "arborist".
ohhhh a tree Dr!
Old Nov 07, 2008, 04:11 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,636 Posts
yes and uh yes
Old Nov 07, 2008, 04:20 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Lee, there is no such thing as poor man in my book! We each are in our own financial area and we are as rich as we see ourselves! As long as you are happy with your life and take the time to enjoy a hobby, thats all we can ask for! I thank you for your post here and I appreciate being able to serve you. I wish ya many happy flights and don't ever hesitate if you have any questions to message me!

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Nov 07, 2008, 09:24 PM
Holy atomic pile, Batman!
Lafayette, Indiana
Joined Jan 2007
743 Posts
I am going to definitely check out banana hobby.

Wolf
Steppenwolf is offline Find More Posts by Steppenwolf
Old Nov 07, 2008, 09:38 PM
Mach .09 Super Achiever
Pleasant Valley Modelport
Joined Sep 2006
8,433 Posts
I got eaten alive when I first started. The vendor tried to cooperate for awhile but I got a string of defective Walkera parts. He gave up and quit accepting returns. They are much better these days.

Funny, I write comedy stuff and this thread reminds me of an old reject of mine. ( not completely my original but an old favorite redone)
It's about two tree climbers on a tropical island. They are talking :

Ho Ho, I see heem climb duh coconut tree for thurdy year, thurdy year he climb duh coconut tree, piek beeg box coconuts, take to market, no one buy duh coconut. He take dem home, I not know what he do wit dem.
I climb duh bananna tre, piek beeg box bananna take to market, dey buy all duh bananna. I come home wit empty box and beeg money.
Ho ho he climb dat coconut tree thurdy year ! No one buy duh coconut.

I guess that could also say don't climb the coconut tree, shop at Bananna Hobby.

CH
Chophop is offline Find More Posts by Chophop
Last edited by Chophop; Nov 07, 2008 at 11:39 PM.
Old Nov 08, 2008, 07:59 AM
RC JUNKY
Montana
Joined Nov 2008
44 Posts
Poor or not this is a great hobby and it keeps me going to work every day. It takes me weeks to get parts or things I need but it's all worth it when you get to play. Great story and glad to see your enjoying your new heli. I will be checking out a bannana for my next needs.. Thanks
MTboy is offline Find More Posts by MTboy
Old Nov 08, 2008, 08:28 AM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,636 Posts
That was great chophop. Sounds right. ha ha. Unless you have extra money to give away, I say go with bananahobby. I feel like I have made a bunch of friends, all willing to help one another. Just we have never met. These forums are full of people willing to help everybody else with their new hobby. And I too, get through some tough days at work, just to come home to my little piece of paradise. And my copter(s)? Yes I too have the bug in a big way. At work I tell the men to "keep stomping", but here I will tell you all to "keep them high and flying." -Lee
Old Nov 08, 2008, 03:22 PM
Fly em if ya got em.
Winder Ga
Joined Sep 2008
11,636 Posts
I just flew my copter for the third time. Had a hover at eye level for about 20 seconds and then wow blew bam, crash. Picked up the pieces, found the rear wheel in the fusilodge. Put it all back together. Little superglue and scotch tape for the rear wheel. And charged the battery. Fixin to try again. Is this the greatest fun ever or what? My heli will yaw left at takeoff and then right. Back and forth, both directions during the whole flight. This means I do not know which way to trim the yaw. Trying this next time with a slight adjustment to the gain. I am thinking a little less gyro. Wish me luck. -Lee
Old Nov 08, 2008, 04:17 PM
innocent victim
Houston TX
Joined May 2007
6,034 Posts
try lowering your gain a bit, sounds like you have tail wag.
Closed Thread