SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:47 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
since this is an FBL heli.. have you tried checking for any vibrations? the gyro tends to hate vibrations.. and if the vibration resonance is on the right frequency.. it might cause this unwanted swash movement...

did you check blade balancing.. any bent shaft ( main and feathering) ? this might have caused some vibrations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmykelg View Post
hi soneebee thank you for that, i'm new to this hobby. i really like your vids at youtube

i just bought a copter x black angel FBL 450. i'm still learning how to hover nicely

my setup:

Throttle: 0-40-60-75-90
Pitch:43-47-50-65-90

had to change the servo because the gear was stripped, had to upgrade it to metal gear servo everything were fine not until the repair

my problem is that when i throttle up past midstick the swashplate dances forward, backward, left or right

i didn't had this problem before any idea whats contributing this?
soneebee is offline Find More Posts by soneebee
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 08, 2013, 01:05 PM
Joined Jan 2013
14 Posts
Greetings from a newbie! I have been flying FP heli and 100 size CP recently. Now I want to get my foot wet on 450 size CP. Just ordered a Black Angel kit from wowhobbies and electronics (motor, ESC, servo, gyro …) and parts (main shaft, feathering shaft … anything you guys have recommended to stock) from eHIROBO. Things all seem to go fine until I suddenly realize that the kit is FLYBARLESS … now I just have some questions:
1. I can not find any instruction manual for flybarless kit. All I found are for flybar version. Even on KY-model’s website. Did I miss anything?
2. Needless to say I have to invest some money on flybarless electronics. Is the stock system (CopterX brand) any good for beginner? The price for the named brand is pretty steep, and I am no where near ready for even mild 3D.
3. How interchangeable are the parts? Any parts are special for flybarless system?
4. Is it worth at all for me to stick to flybarless kit? If not I may just return the kit (assume I can, with restocking fee) and get a flybar kit some place else.
5. I see eHIROBO sells full rotor head set, can I buy one and replace the flybarless rotor head set comes with current kit? (I did hear that it is pretty hard to swap any parts on a pre-assembled rotor head though).

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!
compactrisc is offline Find More Posts by compactrisc
Last edited by compactrisc; Feb 08, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old Feb 08, 2013, 11:07 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Flying the FBL heli si quite good.. its not as different from the FB depending on the gyro setup... but the main difference i guess is the setup to be done on the Gyro itself.. it might be not as user friendly as that of the FB since this is more of an electronic setup than a mechanical one.. but once all is dialed in it seems to be working just nicely...

for the FB setup.. its easy to swap from FBL to FB with use of the whole head.. all you have to do is replace the FBL head with the FB and it will be flying in no time.. main difference will be the setup on the radio.. as you will need to set it up for CCPM ... .. but there will be many setup options on the net on how to setup the heli

Quote:
Originally Posted by compactrisc View Post
Greetings from a newbie! I have been flying FP heli and 100 size CP recently. Now I want to get my foot wet on 450 size CP. Just ordered a Black Angel kit from wowhobbies and electronics (motor, ESC, servo, gyro …) and parts (main shaft, feathering shaft … anything you guys have recommended to stock) from eHIROBO. Things all seem to go fine until I suddenly realize that the kit is FLYBARLESS … now I just have some questions:
1. I can not find any instruction manual for flybarless kit. All I found are for flybar version. Even on KY-model’s website. Did I miss anything?
2. Needless to say I have to invest some money on flybarless electronics. Is the stock system (CopterX brand) any good for beginner? The price for the named brand is pretty steep, and I am no where near ready for even mild 3D.
3. How interchangeable are the parts? Any parts are special for flybarless system?
4. Is it worth at all for me to stick to flybarless kit? If not I may just return the kit (assume I can, with restocking fee) and get a flybar kit some place else.
5. I see eHIROBO sells full rotor head set, can I buy one and replace the flybarless rotor head set comes with current kit? (I did hear that it is pretty hard to swap any parts on a pre-assembled rotor head though).

Thanks a lot for any suggestions!
Old Feb 09, 2013, 02:18 AM
Joined Jan 2013
14 Posts
Thanks soneebee! I guess I'll go the FBL route and stock a FB head set in case I need to switch.
I am using a DEVO 10 loaded deviation firmware. Hopefully that will make the set up and model switch less a headache.
Thanks again for your reply! Very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soneebee View Post
Flying the FBL heli si quite good.. its not as different from the FB depending on the gyro setup... but the main difference i guess is the setup to be done on the Gyro itself.. it might be not as user friendly as that of the FB since this is more of an electronic setup than a mechanical one.. but once all is dialed in it seems to be working just nicely...

for the FB setup.. its easy to swap from FBL to FB with use of the whole head.. all you have to do is replace the FBL head with the FB and it will be flying in no time.. main difference will be the setup on the radio.. as you will need to set it up for CCPM ... .. but there will be many setup options on the net on how to setup the heli
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:03 PM
Joined Jan 2013
14 Posts
I got my CopterX BA FBL kit from wowhobbies, main rotor head set and tail rotor already assembled, I guess I'll test all screws to make sure they are secure otherwise will thread-lock them in place.
One thing I noticed is that there are no main blades or tail blades in the kit. Does that sound normal? The box says carbon fiber main blades and tail blades are standard parts.
The box looks to be in a rough shape and there is no seals on the box as well. some dents on the box but not horrible. I wish I was ordering the kit from eHIROBO!
Thanks for your reply!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:12 PM
Team Mulikow
Joined May 2007
920 Posts
The Ehirobo kits come with main and tail blades. Actually the main blades were really cool blades with flames painted on them. The price on Wow's web site is pretty cheap so I would venture to guess their low price does not include blades.

You might try contacting them to make sure though.
Zeta30 is offline Find More Posts by Zeta30
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:38 PM
Joined Jan 2013
14 Posts
Thanks Zeta30. The same kit is actually cheaper on eHIROBO website.
eHIROBO: $99 for CX450BA-FBL-KIT
Wowhobbies: $114.95 for CX450BAFL-KIT.
I assume they are the same kit.
I did contact them today and it might take a few days for them to come back to me.
I have been ordering from wowhobbies for a few times and my impression has been always positive. Hope they will give me a reasonable explanation for that. But going forward I'll definitely order more from eHIROBO. my only complain is the shipping sometimes seems to be ridiculous high ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeta30 View Post
The Ehirobo kits come with main and tail blades. Actually the main blades were really cool blades with flames painted on them. The price on Wow's web site is pretty cheap so I would venture to guess their low price does not include blades.

You might try contacting them to make sure though.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 12:48 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
I placed the CX3X2000 on my Black ANgel heli.. It was a really different gyro.. this is the first one that really took some setting up... first flights was really weird. heli was flying around....

Copter X 3X2000 compared to 3X10000 (0 min 0 sec)
Old Mar 13, 2013, 01:03 AM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Quote:
I placed the CX3X2000 on my Black ANgel heli.. It was a really different gyro.. this is the first one that really took some setting up... first flights was really weird. heli was flying around....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtfKxfJtRvA
Is it just me, or the 1000 flies more stable than the 2000?
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Mar 13, 2013, 02:30 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
Yes DR.M the 1000 did flew better.. maybe because the gyro was more plug and play.. I just set the gyro on extreme with some adjustments on the roll rate and it was flying good.. for the 3X2000 it was a little harder to setup.. its no plug and play..but it does have some advantages.. it seems to be a more agile gyro similar to the CX900.. still have to test it more before if get the thing dialed in...

Copter X Black Angel with CX3X2000 FBL gyro (3 min 26 sec)
Old Mar 13, 2013, 02:25 PM
United States, WA, Issaquah
Joined May 2011
1,524 Posts
Thanks, sonneebee. I'm officially jealous of the beautiful sunny videos you keep posting. I haven't seen the sun in quite a while around these parts...
Dr.M is offline Find More Posts by Dr.M
Old Mar 13, 2013, 08:10 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
oh DR.M... its really hot now here.. summer is just around the corner and the heat wave is really pouring... temp. yesterday was on the high 34degC... it was really hot... the heli kinda had a hot day yesterday... hehehehe
Old Mar 14, 2013, 09:40 AM
Sweden, Helsingborg
Joined Jun 2012
3,207 Posts
Quote:
oh DR.M... its really hot now here.. summer is just around the corner and the heat wave is really pouring... temp. yesterday was on the high 34degC... it was really hot... the heli kinda had a hot day yesterday... hehehehe
That's just unfair :< i was out shoveling snow yesterday.
Xermalk is offline Find More Posts by Xermalk
Old Mar 15, 2013, 03:28 AM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
wow really.. you mean there is still snow out in the north?.... thats bad....
Old Mar 25, 2013, 07:51 PM
Joined May 2006
1,237 Posts
its summer... and the heat is really crazy.... nice day for a very early morning flight.. but way too hot for noon.........

if i can only go to the field this holiday week... that will be really fun...