Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 18, 2008, 01:40 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
CopterX Black Angel Maiden (5 min 21 sec)
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 18, 2008, 04:08 AM
Pirouetting flip master
Malaysia
Joined Jul 2007
645 Posts
how does it fly? Gino...
lyclyc is offline Find More Posts by lyclyc
Old Nov 18, 2008, 05:26 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Very noticeable is the increase in power. I've used the 430L motor on my CopterX SE and it was not this strong. On the Black Angel, the punch was amazing. It almost doesn't bog. The collective was so responsive that if my finger gets a bit nervous, the heli jumps.

2nd observation is the agility. The cyclic has a more direct feel. Very responsive. And from wheat I felt I believe this will flip very well. I have yet to go inverted at the field. I think the rigid spindle is partly responsible for this. Could there be bearings there rather than dampers?

Also to credit the good flight are the Fusonic digital servos. They are so precise. Perhaps adding to the direct feel. My right piro rate is slow. I'm still studying my setup on how to improve it. But that is just being technical. I have no use for fast piros at the moment.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 06:50 AM
Pirouetting flip master
Malaysia
Joined Jul 2007
645 Posts
hmm.. you mean you use the same motor, ESC and pinion but it feels more powerful on the BA?
you setup same with the copterx 450 on the pitch range, cyclic, endpoint, dual rate ETC?
do you use BEC?
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:27 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Yup identical setup. I didn't use a bec. What is interesting is that this heli is heavier. 755g without canopy. The SE is 710g. Still the BA is more powerful.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 08:50 AM
Pirouetting flip master
Malaysia
Joined Jul 2007
645 Posts
how come? doesn't make sense...
identical setup but BA is more powerful with heavier weight...
??
Old Nov 18, 2008, 09:06 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I was bummed too. But it is. You can dig up some of my old videos in youtube for the SE. For one thing, the BA has a direct belt drive for the tail. Perhaps my Revolectrix lipos are accountable. But still, this BA setup smokes my SE with the faster AKE motor on Revolectrix too. And this is the old 430L. Back in the day, you'd expect this much power from an Align 430XL.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 01:01 PM
Houston, TX
Joined Jan 2008
5,733 Posts
Direct belt drive might be more efficient than going thru another set of gear before getting to the belt as with V2.

Could the extra power come from newer/better/cleaner bearing in the new heli?
dude_109 is offline Find More Posts by dude_109
Old Nov 18, 2008, 01:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2008
108 Posts
well it seems we are all making the same mistakes!! I also had to pull the boom off to fit the servo mounts and also did the same with the belt lol quality of this kit is outstanding very narrow body and canopy though
Nitrosharkiii is offline Find More Posts by Nitrosharkiii
Old Nov 18, 2008, 04:22 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Oh when installing the flybar, keep the temporary rod in place. There are tiny washers in between components. These reast on the inner bearings. A nice touch to keep things free. So push the temporary rod with the flybar. Make sure you go through the small washers. If you encounter resistance, sand down the tip of the flybar.

I actually lost one of these so I kept that side slightly loose. There are no spares.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 05:20 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2008
108 Posts
Gino, did you find there is a bit of play on the small arms part no 19 page 7 of the manual? I did the same as you with the flybar and pushed it through without dissemble... fitting the servos requires a little finesse and you really need to set up the motor before you put them in
Old Nov 18, 2008, 06:08 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I didn't notice that. I didn't have problems with the motor. i installed the Fusonics servos first. Installation of the motor was quite easy after. In fact, I find this heli more accessible than the V1. The thick motor mount allows the screw to stand up when you drop them there with tweezers. Due to the servo size, my philips screwdriver is able to pass to access the motor screws.
Old Nov 18, 2008, 07:49 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2008
108 Posts
there is play however if you try to see the play in the head its not there!, its very tight to be honest... best buy of the year? the set of allen keys I showed you over the page, makes assemble very easy
Old Nov 18, 2008, 08:43 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I tried installing the canopy. Grommet holes to small. Canopy won't fit because lower pert isn't trimmed right. I drilled the hole the size of the inner width of the grommet (not the hole). Then I Dremelled out the lower canopy to move the canopy to the back. I must have taken out 7mm off. This was missed by a mile!

Best buy? Not sure. But this is miles ahead of the V2 CopterX or otherwise. Definitely an upgrade in looks and performance.
Last edited by Gino CP; Nov 19, 2008 at 02:08 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2008, 02:53 AM
Joined Nov 2008
605 Posts
here is mine.

I'm not sure where to put the stickers!
nyc863 is offline Find More Posts by nyc863