SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2009, 06:55 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
For lipos you can get the RcModelPart 3S 2200mah 25C from an eBay store called artmall88. They are in Hong Kong. I have reviewed this. I got one from chaosrc.com but it is no longer listed. So I got another one from artmall88. For the EZ Fly or this lipo you have to supply your Deans connectors. You also need to buy velcro tape to secure the lipo.

You can email artmall88 at artmallcs@gmail.com .
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2009, 10:36 PM
Joined Jan 2009
89 Posts
Quote:
also what the heck is a BEC?
BEC = Battery Eliminator Circuit (derived as a solution from the practice of utilizing two separate batteries in an aircraft/vehicle, one for running the motors, one for running the radio gear, it "eliminates" the need for a separate battery for the radio gear)
6speed is offline Find More Posts by 6speed
Old Apr 05, 2009, 12:41 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
My setups use the built-in becs of the escs. I've had them for over a year and never had problems with them.
Old Apr 05, 2009, 12:43 PM
Long Island,NY
Joined Feb 2009
25 Posts
ahhh gotcha , Thanks guys
vseries is offline Find More Posts by vseries
Old Apr 18, 2009, 03:47 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I've been working on my inverted circles, half piro flips, and inverted funnels. Here's today's video.

Inverted Funnels (3 min 34 sec)
Old Apr 18, 2009, 10:46 AM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,760 Posts
Nice flying Gino
TLMARK is online now Find More Posts by TLMARK
Old Apr 24, 2009, 07:43 AM
Poland
Joined Dec 2006
101 Posts
Hello Guys,

Im still learning flyer piloting a Raptor 50 Titan right now. Of course many things left to learn I dont have problems with forward flights, 8's and other basic stuff, but i do have big problem with hovering nose in, and parts for Raptor are kinda expensive right now. So i want buy small (200-450 size) electric heli as cheaper to finish basics learning and start 3D acrobatics, then move back to raptor keeping electric as "everywhere and everytime" flyer. I been thinking about many helis, Trex250, Gaui200, CopterX 450SE ...but black angel do look so awesome ! Do you think that BA is good choice for learning but a bit experienced already pilot ?

Greg
sigreg is offline Find More Posts by sigreg
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:11 AM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,760 Posts
I would say yes because it is very stable, My flying has improved I think thanks to it. But if you still crash a fair bit maybe not as it is quite expensive.
You sound like your at the same sort of level I was at. If you can afford it go for it, don't think you'll regret it
TLMARK is online now Find More Posts by TLMARK
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:47 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I have to agree, the BA is a very good heli to learn on. It is very easy to work with. Servos are easy to install, motor screws are quite accessible. The head dampers last very long, tail slider has bearings so it won't get sloppy too soon. Most of all, it is a very smooth heli so a gyro will not have problems with vibrations. Just order 2-3 crashes worth of parts and you won't mind the overseas purchase. It can use an SE flybar and tail boom (but need to cut).
Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:02 AM
Ook!
New Zealand
Joined Aug 2007
1,496 Posts
Anyone know the tooth count for the main gear? I just spooled up my BA for the first time, and the head speed seemed slower - that's with the electronics swapped over from my SE V2. Hard to tell, as my tach is at a mates place, I didn't have the main blades on, and it's past midnight here now - but it did seem slower.
Not a problem if it is, I only have the gov at 65%, so I can speed up if need be. Scorpion 10 on 4S... Can't wait to see how it flies
skaffen is offline Find More Posts by skaffen
Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:14 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
It takes very little to punch this heli skyward. That's because its blades are slightly asymmetrical. You may have to add a bit more negative pitch to balance collective.

It is also possible that its silence gives the illusion of lower head speed.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:24 AM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaffen
Anyone know the tooth count for the main gear? I just spooled up my BA for the first time, and the head speed seemed slower - that's with the electronics swapped over from my SE V2. Hard to tell, as my tach is at a mates place, I didn't have the main blades on, and it's past midnight here now - but it did seem slower.
Not a problem if it is, I only have the gov at 65%, so I can speed up if need be. Scorpion 10 on 4S... Can't wait to see how it flies
150T
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Apr 24, 2009, 09:27 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
What was your flight time with 4S? I am interested in a longer flight time setup. 10 min will be nice.
Old Apr 24, 2009, 11:00 AM
Auckland
Joined Sep 2007
351 Posts
Having read thru I found myself very tempted. It's obvious it's a much better 450.
siang is offline Find More Posts by siang
Old Apr 25, 2009, 07:05 AM
Ook!
New Zealand
Joined Aug 2007
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
What was your flight time with 4S? I am interested in a longer flight time setup. 10 min will be nice.

I'll tell you when it stop raining and blowing 25 knots Looks like I'm grounded by weather for another day or two.
skaffen is offline Find More Posts by skaffen