HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2009, 05:12 PM
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
12,780 Posts
Hey Gino! Xheli still has some of those aluminum cases for $34. Just goto the sight and search for helicopter case.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 09, 2009, 12:54 AM
Texas Hill Country
Joined Mar 2005
127 Posts
I just busted my CopterX tail on my T-Rex 450S/CopterX SE hybrid and was wondering if the complete BA tail assembly would be compatible with the Rex. How about just the tail case and keep the SE tail blade grip assembly? Any suggestions?

The cheapest way to go is to replace with another CopterX SE tail, but I'm hesitant to do so because it cracked where everyone else's has and would worry it would only happen again. I'm hoping the BA would be a little more robust.

How is the slop in the BA tail? My CopterX SE tail developed a ton of slop, even after just a few flights. I'm considering upgrading the tail pitch slider to a Beam, but I'm hoping the BA tail is better than what I'm used to.
flatland2d is offline Find More Posts by flatland2d
Old Mar 09, 2009, 01:00 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
The BA tail housing will fit the SE tail boom. I am not sure if the BA tail shaft pulley has the same profile as an SE tail shaft pulley. I am also not sure if an SE tail shaft will fit the BA tail housing.

In my opinion, get the CopterX SE tail. I have not cracked my SE's tail housing. I guess if you crash hard enough something will break. But it is not the designer's fault.

The BA's tail has been slop-free since I first flew it. That was over 2 months ago. But then again, I haven't crashed it hard enough to sustain damage.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Mar 09, 2009, 01:54 AM
Texas Hill Country
Joined Mar 2005
127 Posts
Hmm. Sounds like I better stick with the SE tail. Thanks for the info, Gino.

Weird thing is this was maybe my only second crash since switching to the SE tail. Never any major crashes. Today's crash seemed to be some kind of mechanical failure (or interference?) which I haven't been able to identify yet, just seemed to lose control and had to hit throttle hold and let it fall. Only damage besides the tail was a very slightly bent flybar and frames. Could have been up and running again in a few minutes if it wasn't for that tail case. Even the boom is fine. Anyway, that's another thread.

That Black Angel sure looks nice.
flatland2d is offline Find More Posts by flatland2d
Old Mar 09, 2009, 02:06 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
If it's the tail losing control then it might be mechanical or tail setup. If it affects power and/or cyclic then it's probably your radio or power setup.
Old Mar 13, 2009, 12:03 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Nov 2008
922 Posts
Dear TLMARK:

Sorry for the wording as you know something would look perfect in Chinese but when we change it to English it simply look very different. LOL. Any urgent issue please just send me a PM and I will try to get it sorted ASAP.
ehirobo is offline Find More Posts by ehirobo
Old Mar 23, 2009, 04:41 PM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehirobo
Dear TLMARK:

Sorry for the wording as you know something would look perfect in Chinese but when we change it to English it simply look very different. LOL. Any urgent issue please just send me a PM and I will try to get it sorted ASAP.
Cool thanks I appreciate that
TLMARK is offline Find More Posts by TLMARK
Old Apr 02, 2009, 07:18 PM
Long Island,NY
Joined Feb 2009
25 Posts
Copterx keeps stating all the lightweight techniques to keep the black angels weight down yet it weighs more than the SE ?
Is the BA worth the extra roughly 200.00 usd over an SE ??
vseries is offline Find More Posts by vseries
Old Apr 02, 2009, 08:33 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
They lightened certain areas to beef up other parts. So the heli is a bit tougher than their SE with minimal weight gain. I have both the Black Angel and the SE . The Black Angel is my favorite. You can read my review in this thread for the details. Needless to say, I think this heli is way better. "Better" of course depends on your flying skills and expectations.
Old Apr 02, 2009, 10:39 PM
Long Island,NY
Joined Feb 2009
25 Posts
Thanks for the input Gino , My skills are yet to be known lol as I am new to this hobby, I believe the SE will suit my needs for a long time . So as im in the market for an SE do you have recommendations for Motor,Esc and servos? Thanks -Benny
Old Apr 02, 2009, 11:27 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
My reco:

CopterX 450 SE V2 kit (www.ehirobo.com)
Hitec HS-65MG x 3 for cyclic (www.ehirobo.com)
JR DS290G (digital) for tail
XMHobbies G401B gyro (www.xmseller.com)
Elf Hobby 30 amp esc (www.ehirobo.com)
AKE 450R35 3500kv motor (www.xmseller.com)
12T pinion gear (check if kit includes this)
Screw bag for servo mounting screws (this wasn't included in past kits)
EZ Fly 3S 2150mah 25C lipo (www.aero-nuts.com) 2-3 packs will do
A good 3S lipo charger that shows mah put back in.

Fly until each lipo cell is 3.8v or higher. Time your flights. Fly and land and check cell voltage. Once you reach 3.8v, add up your flight time.
Old Apr 03, 2009, 09:42 PM
Long Island,NY
Joined Feb 2009
25 Posts
Gino thanks , If there was any changes you could have made to your setup what would it be ? I am looking to purchase the parts in a day or so.Also do you have a good lipo charger in mind?
Old Apr 03, 2009, 10:01 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I am happy with my Black Angel's setup. I wouldn't change it:

EZ Fly 3S 2150mah 25C lipo
Copterx (same as Elf Hobby 30 amp esc) 30amp esc
CopterX 430L motor with 13t (hard to find now)
Fusonic MG-D-04 x 3 digital servos for cyclic (www.ehirobo.com)
Fusonic HB-D-02 digital tail servo (www.ehirobo.com)

The Fusonics are great performing servos. But they can get damaged in a crash and have no spares. I use them because I value performance over durability.

My SE:

CopterX 30 amp esc
AKE 450R35 3500kv motor with 11T (www.aero-fever.net, www.xmseller.com)
HS-65MG x 3 cyclic
HS-56HB with Ashtek Digital board for tail
P G-8 00 gyro (www.chaosrc.com or www.xmseller.com)

The Hitecs are very tough and are over a year old. The gyro is better than the G401B and is as good as my S partan. The tail has a minor bounce now which could be dialed out if i have a gyro programming module.

I suggest a Cellpro 4S charger. This charger doesn't require frequent button presses so you don't wear anything out. Buttons on most chargers are the first to give. Plus I like how the Cellpro 4S meters the current to balance the lipo. Most chargers discharge cells to balance a pack. This method is much slower and sometimes the charge is terminated even if a pack is not 100% charged.
Old Apr 04, 2009, 08:16 AM
The faster the better!
Southern England
Joined Jan 2009
1,773 Posts
I'm happy with my set up too. the only thing I thinking is a new gyro and maybe tail servo not because there is any thing wrong. but just to see if I can make it even better.

Align 430xl motor
sonix 30A ESC with ubec
hitec HS65HB servos all round
Align RCE500 HH
DX6i with AR6200
winforce 2450mah 30c lipo

well worth the extra money IMO
TLMARK is offline Find More Posts by TLMARK
Old Apr 04, 2009, 11:54 AM
Long Island,NY
Joined Feb 2009
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino CP
I am happy with my Black Angel's setup. I wouldn't change it:

Copterx (same as Elf Hobby 30 amp esc) 30amp esc
CopterX 430L motor with 13t (hard to find now)
Fusonic MG-D-04 x 3 digital servos for cyclic (www.ehirobo.com)
Fusonic HB-D-02 digital tail servo (www.ehirobo.com)

The Fusonics are great performing servos. But they can get damaged in a crash and have no spares. I use them because I value performance over durability.

My SE:

CopterX 30 amp esc
AKE 450R35 3500kv motor with 11T (www.aero-fever.net, www.xmseller.com)
HS-65MG x 3 cyclic
HS-56HB with Ashtek Digital board for tail
P G-8 00 gyro (www.chaosrc.com or www.xmseller.com)

The Hitecs are very tough and are over a year old. The gyro is better than the G401B and is as good as my S partan. The tail has a minor bounce now which could be dialed out if i have a gyro programming module.

I suggest a Cellpro 4S charger. This charger doesn't require frequent button presses so you don't wear anything out. Buttons on most chargers are the first to give. Plus I like how the Cellpro 4S meters the current to balance the lipo. Most chargers discharge cells to balance a pack. This method is much slower and sometimes the charge is terminated even if a pack is not 100% charged.
Gino I have been following your recommendations but was having a hard time finding stuff that wasnt on back order, So far this is what I got

=Already have A DX6i
=copterX SE V2 199.99 shipped from heli-bros
=g401b gyro from chaos rc pkg price with servos
=3 RCer MGS35 full metal gear servos chaos rc
=1 RCer MGS55 full metal gear servo pkg price with gyro 105.00 shipped
=CopterX (CX450-10-06) 430XL Brushless Motor & 50A Brushless ESC with BEC 48.00 shipped walkera.com
= 11-12-13 3.17mm pinion gears 4.00
= cell pro multi 4 79.95 plus shipping (i believe cell pro 4s is discontinued)
= spektrum ar6100 48.99 shipped on ebay

I chose those servos because of the price,metal gears and good reviews.

Still need batteries which are on b/o .
those batteries seem like a great deal does anyone know of any comparable or even batter for maybe 25.00 a piece? Thanks for all your help I hope I ordered the right stuff so far. also what the heck is a BEC?
Last edited by vseries; Apr 04, 2009 at 03:52 PM.