HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2008, 11:05 PM
Joined Oct 2008
8 Posts
Mini-Review
New CopterX 3D CX450 Black Angel

CopterX been around for few years and best know for their 200 to 480 range helicopters. After years of development the latest model to join the family is the CX450 Black Angel. With itís innovative design it will sure meet the needs for most advance pilots. As the Black Angel come 90% per assembled from the factory and the quality for the parts the assembly is a quick and enjoyable experience

As a completely new helicopter designed from ground up.* A lot of unique features are brand new or only available for larger helicopters.* Things like +/- 15 degree patch range, carbon fiber main, tail blade, fly paddle, one piece carbon fiber main frame, CNC main rotor and tail drive assembly, oversize bearing and feathering shaft, pre painted fiber glass streamline canopy, etc.* With itís wide range of adjustability make the Black Angel suitable for all pilots.

No need to upgrade as Black Angel comes standard with full CNC aluminum rotor head and carbon fiber main blade and fly paddle. All parts are ball raced and aluminum parts were finished with a beautiful grey anodized. As a carbon blade manufacture the carbon blade comes with the kit are top of the line products and can really perform during all kind of heavy load conditions

Lot of parts on the rotor head are over sized or hardened. 4mm feathering shaft, hardened aluminum alloy washout, oversize main shaft lock collar, one piece swashplate, etc. All these design aim toward the high loading for extreme 3D maneuvers and durability.

As with the rest of the helicopter. The tail drive system feature CNC and carbon fiber constructions for light weight and rigid design. Carbon fiber tail blade are standard equipments. Extra wide long life drive belt to ensure positive rudder control during 3D maneuver. And It drive directly off the main gear, with the larger drive pulley and eliminate the gear box assembly makes it much lighter and durable. Belt tensioners on both end to reduce the change of skipping and derailing

One piece carbon fiber frame reduces number of aluminum parts necessary for the frame construction. Result in a light weight and rigid frame. All mounts were made by aluminum alloys. With the adjustable battery mount you may dial in the CG for personal reference. Special composite canopy mount to reduce vibration as much as possible. Streamline glass fiber canopy come prepainted to reduce construction time

CopterX had out done themselves this time. With all these innovative designs Black Angel is a true winner out of the box. For the materials used in this kit, the price tag is defiantly a bargain. The wide range of adjustment make this model suits the needs for all pilots from beginner to the most advance 3D master
KY-model is offline Find More Posts by KY-model
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2008, 11:14 PM
Joined Oct 2008
8 Posts
Pictures
Old Nov 06, 2008, 11:18 PM
Google 'Blade 400 bible'
Joined Nov 2006
2,776 Posts
What about spare parts? That's a concern.. does it use T-Rex parts like the CX450SE V2? Heli looks AWESOME!
Slyster is offline Find More Posts by Slyster
Old Nov 07, 2008, 02:26 AM
User Extraordinaire
Davao, Philippines
Joined Apr 2007
1,041 Posts
What exact design part in the head makes it makes it go +15/-15?

The swash is different but looks more robust.

Yeah the parts are of good concern there Sly.

Overall, I like.
batusaix is offline Find More Posts by batusaix
Old Nov 07, 2008, 03:27 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Mixing ratios.
Gino CP is offline Find More Posts by Gino CP
Old Nov 07, 2008, 05:57 AM
Pirouetting flip master
Malaysia
Joined Jul 2007
645 Posts
so far from my reading, i didn't find any info on the main shaft, is it 5mm?
you guys would prefer this belt design than the regular copterx 450?
lyclyc is offline Find More Posts by lyclyc
Old Nov 07, 2008, 06:23 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
I remember www.eHirobo.com listing it as 6mm.
Old Nov 07, 2008, 07:30 AM
Pirouetting flip master
Malaysia
Joined Jul 2007
645 Posts
gino, i can't find the 6mm information on ehirobo

so this model is aim to replace the copterx 450?
another model from ehirobo is the copterx 450 ME version, lower grade than regular copterx 450?

gino, are you going to buy one black angel?
Old Nov 07, 2008, 07:44 AM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
It's not there now. But I remember a discussion at the CopterX thread. I looked it up somewhere and found it to be 6mm. Could be an email. I remember because I was curious if I could use the Black Angel head on my SE. I hope it's 5 mm.
Old Nov 07, 2008, 10:39 AM
United States, NJ, West Orange
Joined Aug 2007
799 Posts
The upper mixing arm appears to be further out from the swash than on a TRex-style head. This means flybar motion has a greater effect on the pitch. If the upper mixing arm is also a different ratio, the direct effect would change as well.

I think it's a 5mm shaft; it would look all out of proportion otherwise.

I hope they've beefed up the swash. My new V2 swash is already pretty sloppy. (and the Beam swash is out of stock)
nybbler is offline Find More Posts by nybbler
Old Nov 07, 2008, 10:45 AM
US Navy AT2 1987-1995
Houston Texas
Joined Mar 2008
1,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler
The upper mixing arm appears to be further out from the swash than on a TRex-style head. This means flybar motion has a greater effect on the pitch. If the upper mixing arm is also a different ratio, the direct effect would change as well.

I think it's a 5mm shaft; it would look all out of proportion otherwise.

I hope they've beefed up the swash. My new V2 swash is already pretty sloppy. (and the Beam swash is out of stock)

get the new KDS swash. 20 bucks for an improved version of the Trex V2 it has setscrews installed to control the slop as it wears out it can be adjusted.
USNAviationjay is offline Find More Posts by USNAviationjay
Old Nov 08, 2008, 12:08 AM
Joined Oct 2008
8 Posts
The main shaft is 5mm.
Old Nov 08, 2008, 08:00 AM
Pirouetting flip master
Malaysia
Joined Jul 2007
645 Posts
hi KY-model, how about the parts compatibility with a regular copterx 450?
do we foresee parts availability problem down the road?
Old Nov 08, 2008, 03:46 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2008
108 Posts
Just stacked in my copterx 450..... might be time to replace it eh?
Nitrosharkiii is offline Find More Posts by Nitrosharkiii
Old Nov 08, 2008, 07:18 PM
Team Mulikow
Manila, Philippines
Joined Oct 2006
9,564 Posts
Yeah, looks like my CopterX 450 SE will have a mean brother This heli is looking promising. Flies great on the video.