HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2009, 11:49 AM
Joined Jan 2008
59 Posts
I just bought this plane and it should be arriving tomorrow! I can't wait until it comes to see how it flies. Looks like a great plane. I ordered an extra Li-Po battery so I should have a little extra flying time.

Any tips or advice on flying it for the first time? It should fly like a 40 size trainer right? Or a little faster?
harrington.bla is offline Find More Posts by harrington.bla
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 06, 2009, 02:30 PM
Joined Mar 2009
19 Posts
Anybody have any recommendations for a motor upgrade for this plane?
fitbmx8806 is offline Find More Posts by fitbmx8806
Old Apr 08, 2009, 11:07 AM
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Jul 2004
26 Posts
does anyone have some rough dimensions of the available extra space inside the fuselage that's not taken up by battery, servos, and rx?
skyflyer is offline Find More Posts by skyflyer
Old Apr 11, 2009, 03:17 PM
Joined Dec 2007
14 Posts
Flyzone Cessna 182

I see this is the large 182 by Flyzone , 48". Any one have experience with the smaller 34.5 ? It seems rather heay, about 24oz. Any sugestions on replacing the Ni-MH ? etc. Would the 380 motor have enough power with 7.4 li-pols? Thanks dschilling
dschilling is offline Find More Posts by dschilling
Old Apr 17, 2009, 09:52 PM
Joined Apr 2009
3 Posts
hey rrracer..did you get a chance to replace it...i broke my nose gear as well...
blatorr is offline Find More Posts by blatorr
Old Apr 21, 2009, 12:35 PM
Joined Apr 2009
6 Posts
Am I the only one that really doesn't like this plane? First of all the battery was bad out of the box. I had the same problem with the elv. servo horn not tightening. The front landing gear is weak at best. I could go on and on but wont. for the price its not worth it in my opinion, Wish i could get that 250 back, normally i dont bash anything in forums but this plane is lack luster at best. Am i alone here?
jamey121 is offline Find More Posts by jamey121
Old Apr 21, 2009, 04:34 PM
GorillaGlue, Tape...I'm good
SillyCornValley, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2007
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamey121
Am I the only one that really doesn't like this plane? First of all the battery was bad out of the box. I had the same problem with the elv. servo horn not tightening. The front landing gear is weak at best. I could go on and on but wont. for the price its not worth it in my opinion, Wish i could get that 250 back, normally i dont bash anything in forums but this plane is lack luster at best. Am i alone here?
Did you cycle the battery several times before using it? When you say the battery is "bad," how is it bad? What are the symptoms?

I had my eyes on this one, but if you have more issues with this plane's shortcomings, I'd like to hear it all. I may change my mind if what you find is not an isolated case.
I_Gotts_Ta_Fly is offline Find More Posts by I_Gotts_Ta_Fly
Old Apr 21, 2009, 04:38 PM
Joined Feb 2009
240 Posts
I also had my eye on this one but since the hobby city version is from the same manufacturer but with a stronger motor and for $99 i went that way if you look at that thread youll see a more in depth response on this plane and how well it flies.
EDGEE400 is offline Find More Posts by EDGEE400
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:48 PM
Can't leave well enough alone
United States, VT, Burlington
Joined Apr 2007
393 Posts
Edgee: If you wouldn't mind, a couple questions about the Hobby City version.

-So it's not a cruddy knock off, but the exact same model just different distributor?
-How easy are the hidious pink graphic to take off?
-I can only seem to find it for $129 (still not a bad price), where did you pick it up for $99?
- Just read some not-so-great things about their shipping too, did yours arrive intact and undamaged?

Thanks!
SyncroScott is offline Find More Posts by SyncroScott
Last edited by SyncroScott; Apr 23, 2009 at 12:22 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2009, 11:52 PM
Joined Feb 2009
47 Posts
Wasn't it 99 before? Or am i thinking about another plane?
wilsontrey94 is offline Find More Posts by wilsontrey94
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:30 AM
Joined Apr 2007
393 Posts
Looks like it possibly has gone through some recent price hikes; I found reference to it being $99, $109, and $129 over the last 6 months or so. Being in the shipping /dist. industry this doesn't surprise me. I was just hoping there might be a better deal.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 03:10 AM
SillyCornValley, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2007
216 Posts
It's still $99 from Hobby King/city. You need to be logged on.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:26 AM
Joined Apr 2007
393 Posts
Well, I registered but the price is still $129 despite being logged in. Do you think that since it is my initial purchase from them that I may have to pay the full price?
Last edited by SyncroScott; Apr 23, 2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:06 PM
SillyCornValley, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2007
216 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncroScott
Well, I registered but the price is still $129 despite being logged in. Do you think that since it is my initial purchase from them that I may have to pay the full price?
I heard that the first time buyers get free shipping (not verified), so maybe the price is a little higher due to that?

Otherwise, did you try logging out and logging back in and refresh the page?

I checked again this morning and it's still $99.
Old Apr 23, 2009, 11:21 PM
Joined Apr 2007
393 Posts
Found the answer to the pricing differences at HobbyKing/City. Upon registering you are a "standard" member and pay full price. After your first initial purchase, then you become a "gold" member and are eligible for discounts, and after ten purchases you become a "platinum" and get deeper discounts. Or so the online customer support sez...

Tough call; @ $129 and a hefty shipping charge (EMS @ $65.39) the price starts to creep close to FlyZone's price. On one hand FlyZone's includes the Tx, Rx, batt, charger, better graphics. On the other hand HobbyCity's is a bit cheaper and reportedly had a more powerful motor.

What to do, what to do...