SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 28, 2009, 09:19 AM
Joined Dec 2008
48 Posts
Picked up the flyzone 182 select yesterday. I was going to wait for the RxR version, but I plan on doing some FPV when the Flycamone v3 (2.4Ghz) comes out, and figured I can swap back and forth at will. The plane went together fairly easy, the only place I had an issue was with the elevator pushrod. It has a screw that tightens the pushrod down, but no matter how tight I got it, the rod moved within the hole (technical term there). I simply inserted a clipped staple (large) into the hole with the push rod and tightened her down. No problemo. The lights are super cool on this plane, and the clear LED on the left wing will let me know orientation in diminishing light. I am concerned the motor is underpowered-Butters what motor did you use and do you have any pics of the installation? I will fly her when the 40mph winds die down in the next couple of days. Can't wait!
JIm
recruitingsux is offline Find More Posts by recruitingsux
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2009, 07:43 PM
Granbury, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
55 Posts
Well mine hasn't arrived yet, though it really isn't going to be flown for a bit. Being March now, the winds won't stop here for a couple of months ( But I have a couple of kits to build (Watt Age Fokker DR1 and Pat Tritle's beautiful little Waco) so the time will go by pretty quickly.
ThrakenSal is offline Find More Posts by ThrakenSal
Old Mar 01, 2009, 01:56 AM
Joined Sep 2004
762 Posts
Nice review, plane and flying but what's with the video quality?
ssgtakeo is online now Find More Posts by ssgtakeo
Old Mar 01, 2009, 08:52 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtakeo
Nice review, plane and flying but what's with the video quality?
It was highly compressed - sorry about that.
pda4you is online now Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 01, 2009, 03:10 PM
United States, NC, Mars Hill
Joined Mar 2009
33 Posts
I'm kind-of new to R/C, but can fly pretty well on Realflight 3.5, would I be able to fly this plane? Without crashing it?

Thanks,
Barry
cmdr199212 is offline Find More Posts by cmdr199212
Old Mar 01, 2009, 04:19 PM
Joined Sep 2004
762 Posts
cmdr,

I recommend something simpler, less detailed and cheaper. You're probably going to ding the hell out of your first plane, might as well be one that's cheap to repair.

-T
ssgtakeo is online now Find More Posts by ssgtakeo
Old Mar 01, 2009, 04:23 PM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdr199212
I'm kind-of new to R/C, but can fly pretty well on Realflight 3.5, would I be able to fly this plane? Without crashing it?

Thanks,
Barry
It is not a trainer - and to be candid not a best first time airplane. Do you have any "real" RC stick experience? If not - and you do not have an instructor you will need a different plane for your first time out.

Mike
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 02, 2009, 07:48 PM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
Mike what size prop would you say comes stock with this plane?? I got it the day it was released. Its awesome!!! I ditched the tx for my dx7 and Im using a 2500mah 25c flitepower 3s pack. But I want to upgrade to a better prop like a apc or e-flite prop. They dont mention prop size in the manual at all. This thing went together in a half hour. My only complaint is the lighting system is not very bright compared to the better led systems out there. Except for the wing mounted double landing lights, those are very bright. I bought it for a camera ship as Im into jets for the most part.
Any recommendations would be welcomed for a prop swap.
Brg, Joe
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
Old Mar 03, 2009, 02:52 AM
Joined Dec 2007
3 Posts
haha,This product is my design!
Beetle Jia is offline Find More Posts by Beetle Jia
Old Mar 03, 2009, 10:26 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavochkin
Mike what size prop would you say comes stock with this plane??
Brg, Joe
Hard to say - it is not marked. My best guess was 8.5 x 6 or so. ???
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 03, 2009, 10:56 AM
Granbury, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
55 Posts
well I got mine yesterday finally and got it all together. Went to charge the stock batt and the damn thing is bad. Now I gotta send it back to Hobbico and wait for a new one.
Old Mar 04, 2009, 12:30 AM
Suspended Account
Mokena,Illinois -United States
Joined Oct 2006
5,826 Posts
Looks like hobbycity has it already in a different color scheme. Without the crappy tx too. And at $129.00 its pretty damn cheap!!
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7894
They show the prop being a 9x5.
lavochkin is offline Find More Posts by lavochkin
Old Mar 04, 2009, 10:58 AM
Granbury, Texas
Joined Feb 2009
55 Posts
Except for the ugly decals it's the same setup. Problem is it was 89 bucks last week
Old Mar 05, 2009, 12:41 AM
Greensboro Pa USA
Joined Apr 2008
432 Posts
HK version comes in a pink and orange stripe color (pretty gay) and it'r PNP, no TX, RX no battery or charger. By the time you add that up plus the hefty shipping cost...it's a wash. And you still got the crappy color.

Hemicuda
HEMICUDA is offline Find More Posts by HEMICUDA
Old Mar 05, 2009, 03:37 PM
GorillaGlue, Tape...I'm good
SillyCornValley, CA, USA
Joined Jun 2007
216 Posts
Ok, the plane at HC is actually $100+$66 shipping. If I add cheap batt and Rx, total is about $200. I don't need another cheap Tx.

So, maybe, for some, the graphics may be worth the extra $50+shipping over the pink ones. I'm tempted.

But, when the "RxR version" comes out from Hobbico, the price just may be right, so I'll wait for that one.
I_Gotts_Ta_Fly is offline Find More Posts by I_Gotts_Ta_Fly